Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Traffic ticket technical question.

Got a running a red light today. No, it was yellow. Anyway, the little prick put the wrong answer date on the thing. I'm supposed to answer by 02/08/14, and today is, obviously, 02/19/14. Doesn't that make this ticket invalid?

See how that works out and get back to us. If you're lucky you'll get a warrant for failure to show when the clown files it incorrectly too. Then again, I'm no ambulance chasing criminal lawyer, I only deal with corporate crooks so take that for what its worth.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Got a running a red light today. No, it was yellow. Anyway, the little prick put the wrong answer date on the thing. I'm supposed to answer by 02/08/14, and today is, obviously, 02/19/14. Doesn't that make this ticket invalid?
    Technically, but it's clearly a clerical error. It might be worth your time to challenge, depending on how strong you feel about it, but my experience has been that judges who preside over traffic matters tend to do whatever they damn well please because they know nobody's going to appeal a traffic infraction. So hope you catch a good judge on a good day. I think that probably applies to anywhere, and not just CA where I'm at.

Edit: I think it goes unsaid that you shouldn't ignore it, which apparently BMills didn't think it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Was it in Europe? Then you have until August 2nd, plenty of time.

That argument doesn't float. The court won't care.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

I dunno about the ticket. But I do find myself wondering where you were in such a hurry to get to that you had to blaze through a yeller in full view of the fuzz.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Did the dog die?

Are you planning on fighting it? Send it in, they arent exactly paying attention to the answer date so much as when the infractions bureau receives it.

Maybe.

I've seen tickets dismissed for similar errors before. If the cop can't even get the date right, then you can call into question his judgement on other matters, too. This kind of thing is probably best left to a lawyer though.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I dunno about the ticket. But I do find myself wondering where you were in such a hurry to get to that you had to blaze through a yeller in full view of the fuzz.

Yeah, hindsight says I'm a moron for that, but, they were busy with somebody else. I was a little surprised one jumped in his car to get me. Slow day.

In my experience it has Always been worth it to appear ( even without any errors on the ticket)... I would imagine running a red light would carry some pain. I would go in front of the judge, give him the ol' light was just changing/ didn't want to block the box/ other drive left you hanging/ etc. etc. etc. , which ever works for your story. Point out that you a clean driving record, and that like the officer that put down the wrong date. We all make mistakes. Either that or get off the technicality, both of which I have experienced.

Wear something Low cut.
    Last edited by TomCrac; 02-19-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Yes, but only if the courtroom has a flag with a gold fringe.

Pay your ticket, or fight it, but a clerical error can be corrected and is not going to somehow prevent the state from taking action against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I think it was a powder day.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by timnormandin View Post
    I think it was a powder day.
    Given benny doesn't own fat skis, more likely he was staring at his smartphone posting on TGR.

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I had a ticket where the officer wrote the wrong color of car. I brought it up to the judge and was told she would just let the cop correct it and wouldn't dismiss it.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Crass knows the answer.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Edit: I think it goes unsaid that you shouldn't ignore it, which apparently BMills didn't think it did.
    It may go unsaid and be common knowledge for Benny but certainly not the American Public. Don't overestimate how amazingly convoluted some peoples rationalizations and decision making may be.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Crass knows the answer.
    BOHICA??

wonder when a lawyer will chime in cuz the dentists got it covered.
    b

Hugh Conway Guest
    I count 4 lawyers, at least.

Show up and plead the fifth, every time. Judges love that.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Got a parking ticket last week. Dumbass switched a w and and m for my plates. Threw that ticket directly into the trash. You should do the same.

If you actually went to the judge, yeah, i think it gets tossed. I'd ask isn't part of their job to write an accurate ticket? I'd ask that it gets reduced due to me insisting the light was yellow and the officer not following through on a simple task that he does daily.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It may go unsaid and be common knowledge for Benny but certainly not the American Public. Don't overestimate how amazingly convoluted some peoples rationalizations and decision making may be.
    Fair point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.