Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Everyone who drives slower than me is an idiot. Everyone who drives faster is a maniac. I'm the only one who knows how fast to drive.

I've found that if you tell somebody they were driving too slow, they'll drive faster or pull over in the future and you'll feel a lot better for having been honest with your fellow humans. It's really just the best way to make friends, a productive use of your time, and totally worth it.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    This… Did you lie down and cry and pout and not put your wittle ski boot on like my 2 year old when it's time get moving?
    How far up the skinner was he by the time you caught up to him?

I think most of us have been a little annoyed with folks driving slowly on a pow day. I have, but usually they are heading to the resort and I'm trying to get past the resort to the trailheads. Then I tell myself that I'm the douche that couldn't beat the traffic shitshow caused by the casual resort skiers… And that's not a knock on resort skiers and me being a "rad bc skier dude".

Still, the bigger takeaway is that I forget about that traffic slowdown well before I back in to the pullout. Let alone get my boots on and start moving uphill. And just about anything is forgotten with the first pow turn. But you held onto long enough to come home and start a thread about it on the TGR. hmmm.
    I was about 100 feet behind him about 1/2 way up and then he stopped and was talking to himself I think. Funny thing....he was splitboader too ;-). Like I said I am really not an agro driver, but the fact that he drove for 25 miles up a windy ass road with 5 cars says a lot about his situational awareness. Thats what was bugging more than anything. Have some common courtesy.

And really, this was just an excuse to start a thread, because it's been a few months.

I like DeathVan's perspective, that's what I was after.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Everyone who drives slower than me is an idiot. Everyone who drives faster is a maniac. I'm the only one who knows how fast to drive.
    Carlin had an answer to everything.

I get the need to start a thread but what kind of a Montanan are you being jockey boxed in by some depends wearing snow boarder on your way to get some fresh for fucking 25 miles ? I drive in the great state of MT frequently and it doesn't matter how slow or fast I'm driving(40-95) I WILL BE PASSED, usually by someone older than me(I'm 47 ). You better get Death Van to give you his pop's number and pry his withered Lord Sidious fingers off that 900 Turbo, trade him your soul, gain some balls, put studs all the way around and never have to worry about being beat to your secret spot by some Mcgaper Duschjong to the trail head with a split board. Next time just pass already instead of getting all ready to stroke out in your ride. You must not be a native in the 406 because no native Montanan would go 200 yards without the obligatory gravel shower to the tool slowing him down let alone 25 miles.

slush hits mixed with gravel are most effective post pass i've noticed.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I get the need to start a thread but what kind of a Montanan are you being jockey boxed in by some depends wearing snow boarder on your way to get some fresh for fucking 25 miles ? I drive in the great state of MT frequently and it doesn't matter how slow or fast I'm driving(40-95) I WILL BE PASSED, usually by someone older than me(I'm 47 ). You better get Death Van to give you his pop's number and pry his withered Lord Sidious fingers off that 900 Turbo, trade him your soul, gain some balls, put studs all the way around and never have to worry about being beat to your secret spot by some Mcgaper Duschjong to the trail head with a split board. Next time just pass already instead of getting all ready to stroke out in your ride. You must not be a native in the 406 because no native Montanan would go 200 yards without the obligatory gravel shower to the tool slowing him down let alone 25 miles.

Nicely done.

Passing a 5 car line up on hwy 12 can be a little treach. I can pass like a mofo, but in this case i knew it wasn't worth it.

But i did know that it would be fun to get all you fired up about it.
    Last edited by FreakofSnow; 02-19-2014 at 09:14 PM.

I know its probably cool with most of you to run over ducks and birds and things... but maybe slow down before you hit a deer or something else big. (True story: I slowed down for a line of ducklings once, and some guy like JS in his pimped out kick ass rig assumed I'm just some gaper, pulls out, and fucking smokes them.)

btw... Clear and calm, everyone's passing me.... snowy and shitty, I'm passing everyone else just to stay out of the death convoy.

Sometimes I'm exactly like you (impatient), and sometimes I'm exactly like the dude in front of you (chilled the fuck out). When it's a conscious decision I'm him every time, because he was probably 10-20% slower than you, which is only 5-10 minutes extra for every hour. If I get 10 minutes less skiing in that's hardly going to irritate me as much as tailgating some dude for 5 minutes, I just have to realize it sometimes.

What kind of worthless shitpile gets his 'adrenaline fix' racing around on dry roads by going 20 clicks over the limit?? That's what I want to know. Maybe I'd buy that if you were going double the limit, but really, you aren't gonna do that cuz you're too afraid.

It's all about feeling superior to the guy who drives slower.

Edit: I used to be 18 and retarded... but now I almost never even go the speed limit.

stay out of the left lane and nobody cares except the fucked up truckers your now pissing off.
    good work mag
    b

^ I slow down and pull over abit for them to pass me now when there's a break. If there's no break I'll speed up a little.

Editto add: most important thing to me when driving now is to stay as far the fuck caway from other drivers as possible. If I need to speed a little to do that then so be it but most of the time its easier to slow down or keep pace, a good distance behind the slower traffic. Also like to save money on gas/ chill and listen to the radio, and driving slow makes that easier. Plus driving slow is easier on the vehicle. So many reasons to drive slow and not really that many to drive fast. I bet race car drivers drive slow as fuck on public roads too.

Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post

It's all about feeling superior to the guy who drives slower.
    UMMMM, NO. IT'S ABOUT NOT LAMING IT DOWN TO THE COMMON DENOMINATOR. WE BOTH MOVE AT OUR OWN PACE, EXCEPT YOU HOLD ME BACK AND I PASS YOU.

NO DRIVER LEFT BEHIND! [/BUSH] PS-I HAD DUCK SOUP.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

woah dude. chill. bro the ducks have souls man.

^ I slow down and pull over abit for them to pass me now when there's a break. If there's no break I'll speed up a little.

Editto add: most important thing to me when driving now is to stay as far the fuck caway from other drivers as possible. If I need to speed a little to do that then so be it but most of the time its easier to slow down or keep pace, a good distance behind the slower traffic. Also like to save money on gas/ chill and listen to the radio, and driving slow makes that easier. Plus driving slow is easier on the vehicle. So many reasons to drive slow and not really that many to drive fast. I bet race car drivers drive slow as fuck on public roads too.
    pretty much only see the benefit of driving like this is while getting head.
    b

but now I almost never even go the speed limit.
    Hmm. Reconsidering my stance on capital punishment.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Ask Stuck
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    Like I said I am really not an agro driver, but the fact that he drove for 25 miles up a windy ass road with 5 cars says a lot about his situational awareness. Thats what was bugging more than anything. Have some common courtesy.
    You'd go nuts driving around Japan. Nobody knows others exist. /huge generalization. The Japanese are generally culture-shocked at how polite American drivers are. True story.

I'm always super early eating my breakfast in the parking lot, scraping my skis because I'm avoiding two shit-shows. 1- my kids waking up for breakfast, 2- other drivers.

The third shit-show is unavoidable: first tram full of stinky Tokyo-ites who smell like sake from last night's party before they passed out on a bus at 4am to get here early = vomit-inducing.

its america god damn it ... you should have pulled out yer glock and shot the fucker
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Hmm. Reconsidering my stance on capital punishment.
    gotta live the tahoe ratrace dream, right brah?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    You guys sure talk a good game. But seems like the ones talking the most shit are the ones least able to read for comprehension. I'm sorry for your failed education, please feel free to drive past me in your piece of crap car, I really don't mind.
    No clue what you're talking about but no one here drives a piece of crap car, they all drive Euro spec Audi RS6 Avants with turbo diesels.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hugh Conway Guest
    * when it's not in the shop getting maintenance done, or in the body shop for when it goes in the ditch speeding oooppppss

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    I'm sorry for your failed education, please feel free to drive past me in your piece of crap car, I really don't mind.

Man, I've never had a problem with you; So this is free advice from an e-friend: you sound like a real pretentious asshole talking like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Man, I've never had a problem with you; So this is free advice from an e-friend: you sound like a real pretentious asshole talking like that.
    So, you say he blends right in?

Yep, pretty much.

Is this place only full of cocksucking lawyers and under-achieving Doctors (dentist) nowadays or does anyone still ski?

guess they all have to make those big bucks so they can afford that Audi A8 that they drive 10mph under the speed limit
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid