1.5 cms forward--am I a fucking idiot to care?

Have a pair of used 191 Billy Goats previously mounted with Barons... Was going to mount them with STH 14, but it looks like I'll have a bunch of hole overlap with the rear piece. In this scenario, easiest option is to go c. 1.5cms forward of the line; alternately I could remount with Barons (which I would have to buy--already have the STHs). Am I being freak to worry about a paltry 1.5 cms? I'd probably prefer to go back of the line with the mount, but then I run into a bigger set of problems with the front set of holes... Wah, wah, wah...

1.5 is not an insignificant amount at all and you should care. To me, the question is how the particular ski you are working with performs with an alternative mounting point.

I don't personally have experience with the BGs but I am sure others here do. However, generally speaking there are a lot of people who mount forward when getting into the longer 19x lengths with success (i.e. skis like the Shiro and Katana), but again that's model dependent.

Do a seatch on the BG and I bet you will find discussion, or maybe someone will chime in.
    Last edited by Smails; 02-19-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Sollyfit plates are one solution for you - wider mount pattern wouldn't overlap with Baron holes.

You could also likely remount with Jester/Griffon and re-use several of the Baron holes.

The owner of ON3P has said in the past that the mount point is pretty specific and important on the BG, due to the RES design. Based on other skis, a 1.5cm mount point deviation is a pretty noticeable difference in how a ski behaves. I'd find another binding to throw on there for an on-the-line mount.

Note the BillyGoat specific thread where I just asked Scott if there was any reason not to mount my new BG's on the line and he said only if I want to make him cry. Haha. So yeah, sounds like a big deal to me.

If it's your heel pieces that have the overlapping holes issue, move them for or aft a little (=/< 8mm) to safely clear them. That won't effect your mounting position because it's the toe pieces that define your boot placement and will be within the heels adjustment range.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Sollyfit plates, on the line. Enjoy
    watch out for snakes

Mount them like a powder plus!
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    If it's your heel pieces that have the overlapping holes issue, move them for or aft a little (=/< 8mm) to safely clear them. That won't effect your mounting position because it's the toe pieces that define your boot placement and will be within the heels adjustment range.
    this or plates will work best.
    b