Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    The key is to have fun...sliding on snow should be fun! ;-)
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    and yet, most of them are having more fun. which is sorta the point, if you don't need to wave your teledick around.

funny how the hippie "don't concern yourself with others" always disappears for telemark butthurt.
    Who you callin' hippie?

If the AT cock needs to be waved to justify your suck on tele, who's the one with the butthurt?

and yet, most of them are having more fun.
    And I can guaranfuckantee you they aren't outdoin me in the fun department either.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    And I can guaranfuckantee you they aren't outdoin me in the fun department either.
    they are having more fun than they did. nothing about you tookums. no need to justify anything to the teleban

I hear ya, but that's a 2-way street there sphughw. Which is why they may as well have said 'I sucked at tele, so now I'm going to go suck on AT gear cuz I'll have more fun". A shitty skier is going to be a shitty skier no matter what gear they are on, which is my point.
    Got it there knuckledick.
    I could give a fuck what anybody slides on, as I've stated many times.
    In the end, its all in fun, and I'm just fucking around. You think I'm mad or something, which isn't the case. I could give a fuck whats said about tele, just like ATer's don't care what I say. I know as much as anybody tele is not as powerful as alpine. But I also know AT isn't either. I tele because I like it, nuff said. Just like ATer's AT, and snowboarders snowboard and alpiners alpine. If I gotta hear the shit, you saying I can't give it back. It's No big deal, no hard feelings.
    Quit being a pussy and don't project your butthurt in my direction.
    Tard

Hugh Conway Guest
    Sweet worldview of 10 years ago brochacho; can't say I've seen "ATer" out there since the senile rambling of ttips.

Alright Hugh. You win dude. You got me. Not quite sure how, but fuck it. I have better shit to do than argue with anonymous douchebag whose soul purpose is to fucking argue on the internet. What you do and say is the absolute coolest. Now, help me win by Shutting the Fuck Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Dude, you really need to drop that charade. No one that was a regular on Ttips believes that you're Ron Cole, and you just look like an asshole trying to play that.
    you don't know me skippy, why don't you willy and laura leave me alone. You=cyberbully
    I'm the best DPP in the West.

Arrow

Yeah. You're right. There was this really weird thing in the US (and only in the US) where people thought to tour you should tele. Weird because AT was perfectly good at the time. Don't give us that bullshit about AT "got better" with lighter bindings as an excuse. AT was fine and for some odd reason it was rare in the US. Well, OK, you can blame the telemarkers for that one. Anyway, so the poor bastards who were struggling on tele finally found it socially acceptable to go AT and maybe are struggling there too.

Anyway. Whatever. So, yes, there are now a smaller group of telemarkers and some still suck. Maybe you're only seeing the ones that suck because you ski in places that suck and they have moved on. How about that? I dunno. I see maybe fewer than before but I see plenty of amazing rippers. Maybe it's the lame-o's who moved on to AT.

But yeah. Some are good and some suck. I also know we see a whole lot more sucky AT skiers these days. Dumbasses too, who know next to nothing about mountains and snowpack but have an ABS bag.

So STFU and let the few that still know how to tele give the OP some tips.
    Last edited by yugi; 02-26-2014 at 06:24 AM.

Da Captain,

1) If you've got a snowboarder in your group of learners you could get that person to help you teach others to spread the weight on both feet. A beginner telemarker coming from skiing makes the mistake of standing on the front foot and dangling the rear foot. A tele turn is much more like a snowboard front-side turn, weight equally placed on both feet. Do some exercises like skiing in a gentle fall line and do tele squats with weight on both feet. In fact if you tell a skier to put 80% of the weight on the back foot they may just about get 50% on it. Snowboarders have less problem doing this as they know how to distribute weight across feet.

2) In the turn don't let the beginner come out of tele position to stand up and turn and then drop back to tele. Have them go direct from tele on one side to tele the other way around. Again, drill tele squat and switches.

3) Once they are doing some tele turns have them do a few runs without ski poles and let them feel free to use their arms for balance. Show them Kai Lenny surf Jaws for inspiration on using arms for balance.
    http://youtu.be/qcrhX9Cv0s4
    Alpine skier style focuses on more static arms and perfect style but watch GS, Super G or Downhill and you see plenty of using the arms for balance by the best guys in the world. It's OK. In tele, well, as you know anything goes.

4) In powder it's: stand on the rear foot, steer with the front. As simple as that.

Remind them that chicks love telemarkers because chicks dig a guy who can get down low and stay there until his turn is finished.

Make sure you talk to all of them beforehand to ensure they're ready for this. Coming out of the closet is usually an emotional event . But once they get through they'll feel much better.

At least you can all be ghey together!

Quote Originally Posted by yugi View Post
    I also know we see a whole lot more sucky AT skiers these days. Dumbasses too, who know next to nothing about mountains and snowpack but have an ABS bag.
    QFT. goddam fucking fat skis brought teh suck/clueless right to the skin track.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by UrMomsKneePads View Post

At least you can all be ghey together!
    As opposed to you being ghey all alone!

Just checking out this rad thread, so stoked!
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    Just checking out this rad thread, so stoked!
    I now think it is impossible for any thread on tgr about telemarking not to degenerate into this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yugi View Post
    What's the difference between an expert and a beginner Telemark skier?

The expert gets up a lot quicker.
    This alpiner must be an expert then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_G_KLQIrUc

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    I now think it is impossible for any thread on telemarking not to degenerate into this.
    fixed it for you.

yeah yugi - all the "ripping tele skiers" have moved on to the senior center. it's just skiing; the whole AT as a genre thing is fucking dead unless you are some teletard. people just ski. the only people with their panties in a bunch are all the tele tards so it's too bad all the tele-tards drove everyone else away from their own little special center and it withered and died like the sport.

tuco - ya know, a bunch of those people who tele'd, probably would be better skiers if they'd never spent a bunch of time learning the useless bullshit of tele and just worked on better skiing with other gear.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    I don't get telemark skiing at resorts, or on Big Mtns. I liked alpine if there was going to be man-made in play, or skiing big lines at high speeds.

In Vermont, with our little hills with short pitches and very moderate to mellow terrain...lots of shuffling, and lots of days waiting for snow so the steep stuff skis well, 3 pinning is what we got.

Shit just ain't gnar enough for alpine gear here. I really think it's the right tool to be challenged and versitile on our little mtns.

That's the point from where I ski.
    exactly

asfasdfj

i just think the boots are more comfortable and could give a shit what anyone thinks of my turns.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    i just think the boots are more comfortable and could give a shit what anyone thinks of my turns.

Seriously, MMP makes very nice turns. Don't make me post videos, cuz I haz dem.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    I now think it is impossible for any thread on tgr about telemarking not to degenerate into this.
    All right, my skier conscience has been eating away at me. I contributed to the degeneration of this thread and it was not called for. I am retracting the slanderous comments i made earlier. What do i care if people tele? One of my skiing mentors and fav ski partners is on teles. I put a bit of time on teles myself. It's about love, life mountains, snow, stoke etc. Best of luck to the OP with his course.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Seriously, MMP makes very nice turns. Don't make me post videos, cuz I haz dem.
    betcha i can find flaws in his technique. put up that shit BD!

rog

fixed it for you.

yeah yugi - all the "ripping tele skiers" have moved on to the senior center. it's just skiing; the whole AT as a genre thing is fucking dead unless you are some teletard. people just ski. the only people with their panties in a bunch are all the tele tards so it's too bad all the tele-tards drove everyone else away from their own little special center and it withered and died like the sport.

tuco - ya know, a bunch of those people who tele'd, probably would be better skiers if they'd never spent a bunch of time learning the useless bullshit of tele and just worked on better skiing with other gear.
    Yeah, and if I bought a lottery ticket I would have a 1:175,000,000+ chance of winning. Or if it was "just skiing" like you stated above, they(you?) could parlay that experience into being a better skier. You're the one classifying 'genre's'.
    But I guess you missed the part, written in plain english, that I don't care how you slide. Why do you care how anybody else does?
    You made the initial comment, then tried to pass off the response as butthurt, all the while not acknowledging your own butthurt by making your original post and later response.
    All this talk of butthurt from you is interesting, considering you have that Louisville Slugger so far entrenched up your sphinct you have the # 34 stamped into the top of your cranium.

Sweet worldview of 10 years ago brochacho; can't say I've seen "ATer" out there since the senile rambling of ttips.
    This is some of the dumbest, nonsensical shit I've read here. What's the matter? Your psuedo intellectual, progressive, with an eye on tomorrow self, couldn't come up with something better than grade school bullshit. How disappointing.

By all means though, dude, keep going. You're pure comedy.
    Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaah. What a wanker. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    Last edited by tuco; 02-27-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    What a wanker.
    are you british?

kids, learn to telemark, it's what all your dads friends are doing.

are you british?
    Lotta that ^^^^^^^^^goin round lately

rog