Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 979
  1. #876
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    small tail taper change in the billy goat?
    Yep, slight tweaks based on updating the sidecuts and making things flow better along the entire edge/length of the skis (all updated).
    You should have been here yesterday!

  2. #877
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,364
    Strong work on the graphics. Oddly enough the Wren 88 sticks out to fill a hole in my quiver.

  3. #878
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Strong work on the graphics. Oddly enough the Wren 88 sticks out to fill a hole in my quiver.
    It is a REAL Wren, too...strong, stiff, and fast.
    You should have been here yesterday!

  4. #879
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,412
    bravo

    need to get back into some billy goats and my 5 year old has to be ready for some Charlie Murphys by next season

  5. #880
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,540
    Wren 88 and Steeple 98 are both on my radar.

  6. #881
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    1,357
    Oh man, I think I may need to buy my 4th pair of Wren's (189 108's).

    A little bummed on the Kartel width changes, I need a replacement for my 102 Jmo's that I have beat the living shit out of (100+ days and counting), and 108 just seems a little wider than I want for this spot in the quiver. I tried out the Kartel 106's last April at Bachelor and loved them, I think I may have to pick a pair up (tried the 186's, still curious about the 191's though); though they seem backordered. :/

  7. #882
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    It is a REAL Wren, too...strong, stiff, and fast.
    Are you saying the 102 Wren is not a real Wren!? :P

  8. #883
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Skintrack
    Posts
    140
    Steeple 98 looks just like a Tychoon.

  9. #884
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,289
    From a marketing perspective I think you guys did a great job - really stream-lined your offerings.

  10. #885
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
    Steeple 98 looks just like a Tychoon.
    Most of the time I've skied with David Stee(p)le he's been on the Tychoon... coincidence?

  11. #886
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
    Steeple 98 looks just like a Tychoon.
    There are some big differences in taper, flex, and sidecut (type). But yes, it isn't totally out of the wheel house.
    You should have been here yesterday!

  12. #887
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    From a marketing perspective I think you guys did a great job - really stream-lined your offerings.

    Gracias. That was a big thing for us this year but also let us create better skis in the process. Win Win in our eyes.
    You should have been here yesterday!

  13. #888
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Are you saying the 102 Wren is not a real Wren!? :P
    ...............maybe. It is a great ski for what it is made for, though.
    You should have been here yesterday!

  14. #889
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Oh man, I think I may need to buy my 4th pair of Wren's (189 108's).

    A little bummed on the Kartel width changes, I need a replacement for my 102 Jmo's that I have beat the living shit out of (100+ days and counting), and 108 just seems a little wider than I want for this spot in the quiver. I tried out the Kartel 106's last April at Bachelor and loved them, I think I may have to pick a pair up (tried the 186's, still curious about the 191's though); though they seem backordered. :/
    To be honest the difference between the Kartel 98 and one that was 102 underfoot (I know JMO, but just comparing) is really not noticeable at all on your feet when hitting the snow. But I do understand the brain telling us otherwise, too.
    You should have been here yesterday!

  15. #890
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    856
    I'm curious when those new C&D's might be available.

  16. #891
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Taos Ski Valley or my truck
    Posts
    502
    Looking good boys. Super stoked for y'all.

  17. #892
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,496
    Nice lineup for sure. Its been such a rad season of being funemployed and playing on the 189 BG. Been looking for a Cochise to pair with but I'll be waiting for that Wren 108!!!

  18. #893
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    186
    Just sayin - Steeple 102 had me grinning heaps more than a my namesake ski ever did this year in Japan. So stoked on the changes to the Steeple and Wren. Also, C&D lust is on...

  19. #894
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Chicken Coop, Seattle
    Posts
    2,519
    Drool. Legitimate pairing down of my quiver could actually happen. Kartel 108 most days. bring out the BG or Caylor for soft days. Kingpins on steeple 108. And hang on to my bros for longer missions.

    I like my turbos and GPOs...so getting down to this few pairs might not actually happen...but it could.

    Much as I still want the C&D, I have yet to sink my goats...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

  20. #895
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    378
    How's the flex on the Kartel 116 in relation to current Kartels and Jeffreys?

  21. #896
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,136
    Really want to get on the new Wren 108 and 191 C&D. Dropping the waist to 124 makes that ski a little more justifiable for me. But like chicken said, I can't really imagine needing more ski than the Goats...
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  22. #897
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South of 49
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Wren 88 and Steeple 98 are both on my radar.
    Did someone say Steeple 98?

  23. #898
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    How's the flex on the Kartel 116 in relation to current Kartels and Jeffreys?
    In line with the J114 (slightly more due to more material, but that is the closest comparison).
    You should have been here yesterday!

  24. #899
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Really want to get on the new Wren 108 and 191 C&D. Dropping the waist to 124 makes that ski a little more justifiable for me. But like chicken said, I can't really imagine needing more ski than the Goats...
    I am going to be touring on the new CD. I really only tour for powder so I can justify that in my mind...it is very lite-weight for a ski that size.

    (these are all the justifications going on in my head in silence) hahaha
    You should have been here yesterday!

  25. #900
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    I'm curious when those new C&D's might be available.
    Next year to buy. For Demo...extremely soon.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •