Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by galenparke View Post
    191 Wrenegade, 186 Wrenegade 112
    I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on that iteration of 191 Wren vs the newer 186 Wren 112.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on that iteration of 191 Wren vs the newer 186 Wren 112.
    Forget that......THIS:

https://instagram.com/p/BAwM5qdvmhD/

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I'll give you a quick comparison right now based upon one day on the new and memory of the old. I'll try and get a back to back comparison for you.

The new Wrenegade has stayed true to the type of ski it is. It still likes speed, and big radius turns. Both require energy and terrain choice to turn, and make you pay for poor balance, or wimping out and scrubbing speed. But they will give you the confidence to ski through stuff and go faster than you ever did before. So it is still a Wren.

My first day on the new Wren I found them to be a stiffer than I remember the old ones being. I found new wren to be less forgiving for being too forward or back, However I wonder if they will change with few more days of skiing on them. The new Wren skied powder (big upside down powder) well, but do not float up on their own like a BG or Jeffery. But the old ones did not either. Some of my best memories of the old Wren are stomping landings with absolute confidence. I have yet to do this with the new ones. (had a nice double E to handspring the day before on the Jeffery, and expected more of the same or worst while getting a feel for balance.)

I was actually expecting the New Wrenegade to be closer to the Jeffery 114 than the old Wrenegade. The Jeffery and Wrenegade are two DIFFERENT skis.

I'll get you a better comparison in the days to come.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post

Talking about the new Wren 108 here.
    Last edited by adrenalated; 01-20-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Funny, I post up the desire for a 108 ski and it gets a pretty mixed reaction, now ON3P is going to roll out a Wren 108 and Steeple 108 and you guys will be all over it. Heh. ;-)

(I kid, I'm aware the wren 108 had sort of already been discussed a few pages back)

BTW - for anyone interested, there will likely be a small run of Steeple 108's with the standard / Billy Goat lay-up... which is what my proposed Baby Billy Goat turned into.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...lly-Goat/page4

Definition of Stealing my Thunder right there.

It is a vicious cycle

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Funny, I post up the desire for a 108 ski and it gets a pretty mixed reaction, now ON3P is going to roll out a Wren 108 and Steeple 108 and you guys will be all over it. Heh. ;-)
    The difference is a 108 Wren Charger is a perfect complement to a BG. A 108 BG to a BG.....not so much.

The difference is a 108 Wren Charger is a perfect complement to a BG. A 108 BG to a BG.....not so much.
    Well, for me it's going to be my primary touring ski but I still want that standard lay-up... 108 is a great width for a do-it-all BC ski, hence them rolling out the Steeple in that size. For the same reason Praxis has the 107 Freeride.

It was slightly fun last night
    You should have been here yesterday!

Yeah, this. Wren = firm/mixed snow shape. Steeple/BG = soft snow shape. For the record, I'd rather own a Steeple in 112mm than 108mm, but that change is a business decision that ON3P decided to make. So no, not all over that one.

I doubt I'll actually be buying a Wren 108 either, as my 112s are just fine and I'm poor right now, but I am excited to ski it because I do think it will be a better ski for the intended purpose than the 112.

Well, for me it's going to be my primary touring ski but I still want that standard lay-up... 108 is a great width for a do-it-all BC ski, hence them rolling out the Steeple in that size. For the same reason Praxis has the 107 Freeride.
    107 Freeride is more of a Wren shape though. A Steeple 108 is more of a 107mm GPO, which doesn't exist (but some people have wanted).

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

Talking about the new Wren 108 here.
    Not with that attitude, young man.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    107 Freeride is more of a Wren shape though. A Steeple 108 is more of a 107mm GPO, which doesn't exist (but some people have wanted).
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm after. We all have our preferences.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm after. We all have our preferences.
    Sounds like the Steeple 108 with regular construction will be pretty much what you were after though right?

Sounds like the Steeple 108 with regular construction will be pretty much what you were after though right?
    Pretty much.

Will there be a touring ski with wren shape?

Quote Originally Posted by exxun View Post
    Will there be a touring ski with wren shape?
    Well, well, well. Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Ok ill keep my money together

hey PowTron send us the catalog, don't wanna wait until sia!

Damn that wren 108 looks nice..

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    Damn that wren 108 looks nice..
    Huh? You can't even see the new rocker profile...

The graphic................

And it looks nice as a vicik replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Huh? You can't even see the new rocker profile...
    You can see the new tip shape and taper on it...more to a ski than just rocker

Needless to say the rocker is different than the Wrens of yore, but after 3 hours on it last night and getting the balance point/feel down I love it. Photos as soon as I am allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by galenparke View Post
    A little ON3P stoke.
    Attachment 175242

189 Steeple 102, 184 Steeple 112, 186 Jeffery 112, 191 Wrenegade, 186 Wrenegade 112, 193 Cease & Desist

Almost everything has come together, just had to share.
    That's a sexy ass quiver.
    Just recently got my own 189 steeple 102s w/veneer. Took a while to finally get them but got them mounted and out for a skin this weekend. Fun turns were had.
    Attachment 175320

I need to stop reading this thread for a bit. All the talk about next years stuff is making me go, "well if i budget I can probably buy a couple more pairs of skis...."

I love that we are now discussing 2016/2017 ON3P in the 2014/2015 thread...mostly due to my failure to create a new one. Once pics are taken from our secret, underground bunker in Denver during the show I will create a new one if you all would like

http://issuu.com/on3pskis/docs/on3ps...log_2016_issuu

Consolidated line-up in some places, expanded in others, tweaked our profiles and taper points, updated all sidecuts, Cease and Desist is the best fucking pow ski ever created, etc etc...

Biased for sure, but this is our best line-up yet and we are very proud of it. Shred away.

I love that we are now discussing 2016/2017 ON3P in the 2014/2015 thread...mostly due to my failure to create a new one. Once pics are taken from our secret, underground bunker in Denver during the show I will create a new one if you all would like

http://issuu.com/on3pskis/docs/on3ps...log_2016_issuu

Consolidated line-up in some places, expanded in others, tweaked our profiles and taper points, updated all sidecuts, Cease and Desist is the best fucking pow ski ever created, etc etc...

Biased for sure, but this is our best line-up yet and we are very proud of it. Shred away.
    small tail taper change in the billy goat?