Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Thats a lot of billy goats..

The tychoon is a great ski, ive never skied the tour version tho. You can get 10% off your first order with next adv pdx by signing up for the newsletter email too.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Silverton was just slightly fun yesterday...fucking DEEP and the ski selection through the day didn't disappoint

193 CD, 186 Tour BG Veneer, 186 Jeffrey 122, 191 Billygoat, 186 BG Pillowfight Topsheet, 184 Billygoat (left to right)

Attachment 174059
    Holy Fing nice quiver...!
    Last edited by Undertow; 12-29-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Selling my 184 veneer steeple 102s with beast 14 bindings. See gear swap

I saw you twice from Chair 4 and was wondering who was on those...new jacket?

Yeah, new jacket this year. Love the skis, so much fun. We are in CB now and the Jeffrey 114s are crushing what steeps are open and rolling over rocks like a bull dozer.

Any mags make it to CB this year, hit me up, would love to do some laps, get some drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post
    Yeah, new jacket this year. Love the skis, so much fun. We are in CB now and the Jeffrey 114s are crushing what steeps are open and rolling over rocks like a bull dozer.

Any mags make it to CB this year, hit me up, would love to do some laps, get some drinks.
    Great transition...

I will be doing a public demo at CB on January 9th. Also hoping to ski some CB/Monarch combo days on the10th and/or 11th on my way back to Denver.

Any takers to try some skis?
    You should have been here yesterday!

2014/2015 ON3P Skis (Official Thread) - Discussion and Lust

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post

Will be there end of Feb with a good crew. Would appreciate some insider knowledge and share a few brews. Will pm.

Swap you a ride on some BG for the Jeffrey if the BSL works.

Edit. You probably tele! We have one of those oddballs with us.
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 12-29-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Will be there end of Feb with a good crew. Would appreciate some insider knowledge and share a few brews. Will pm.

Swap you a ride on some BG for the Jeffrey if the BSL works.

Edit. You probably tele! We have one of those oddballs with us.
    Old username, I went to counseling, 12 step program, saw the light. Locked and loaded all the time now. BSL is 297, so if it works, we can switch it up. Coverage is good so far, so it should be fun here in late Feb. There are many other mags here, so someone will show you around.

FYI...

We will be at Crested Butte on Saturday doing a demo all day. Come stop in and say hi and try some skis! I will probably be skiing myself and with some crew on Sunday at the Butte or Monarch, too if anyone is interested.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Can you guys seriously consider something in the mid 60's with 112-115mm? The jessie is a 61 and 71, but the jeffery already comes in a 71 (which i,d pick over the jessie prob), and there,s other 71 choices too. I,d love to get another pair from you (have 71 caylors but am selling them to get something lighter and a bit smaller) but there doesn,t seem to be anything for me. You,re missing a market share there.

164cm Billygoat is 112mm underfoot. Would that work?

Maybe. I've never checked into them as the website lists 174 as the shortest at the top of the page, and on the drop down to choose sizes, so I stop there. But looking at the bottom now it says 164. What is right?

I ski a ton of trees so they might be more into big turns than I am. I love the Caylor so would like something with a similar fun feel, not sure the BG is that. No idea how they compare as I can't find the specs for mine.

The Billy Goat is a tight tree slaying weapon. The Caylor is more playful due to the shape (centermounted, tons of tail rocker etc) while the BG is more designed to ski forwards, but both are extremely quick in the trees.

The 164 BG does exist, my ex-GF has a pair. I don't think they make very many of them, but they certainly can make them. Might just require a phone call or email to the factory.

I want to buy my wife a pair of 164cm BG specifically for tree slaying. Well, that and trucking around the mountain to get to the trees.

ok thanks for the info!

maybe your ex will sell me her used ones, hmmm? I can't afford new skis this year especially with your dollar clobbering ours (Canadian), so I'm looking for used/demos.

I've emailed them a few times and I have never heard back. But knowing such a thing is real maybe I'll call to see if they have any demos hanging around.

Hah, I think her response would be something along the lines of prying them from her cold, dead hands.

I don't think you'll have much luck finding used ones, but you never know.

They used to make a few pairs of 166 BGs each year, but they may not make a 164 except for special/pre order now. I know that ON3P is moving towards the model that they will make certain sizes/skis in a "made-to-order" capacity, but they don't want to keep them in stock and have to sell them for cheap at the end of the year.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

FYI...

We will be at Crested Butte on Saturday doing a demo all day. Come stop in and say hi and try some skis! I will probably be skiing myself and with some crew on Sunday at the Butte or Monarch, too if anyone is interested.
    Any maggot in the area should hit this up. I will be there late in the day. Looking to try out a "it hasn't snowed in a week and I might have to ski groomers and bumps with the wife" ski to round out the quiver.

just did it

Quote Originally Posted by exxun View Post
    just did it
    I skied mine today. My first year on BG's (or any ON3P ski) and probably 4th day so far. While the tips a super loose and surfy, straight outta the factory they had felt a little grabby just behind the rockered part of the tip and under foot, so I took a gummy stone to 'em and wow, they felt dialed today. I'm sure 12-18" of fresh helps too but even on the more firm skied out stuff they just felt smoother and more predictable. So fun... Approaching Protest effortlessness - super easy and quick to transition but easier to lay over and more locked in when you need it, which is exactly what I was looking for. They are really growing on me.

Does anybody have experience on the Wren 102 or Kartel 106 on the east coast? I'm trying to pick between either these or some of the recent blizzard (brahma, bonafide, etc) offerings for fairly aggressive skiing on the ice here (already have a pair of beater afterbangs for park).

Quote Originally Posted by stay amphibious View Post
    Does anybody have experience on the Wren 102 or Kartel 106 on the east coast? I'm trying to pick between either these or some of the recent blizzard (brahma, bonafide, etc) offerings for fairly aggressive skiing on the ice here (already have a pair of beater afterbangs for park).
    Buy my tychoons or viciks. Both Awesome skis.

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    Buy my tychoons or viciks. Both Awesome skis.
    They look nice but might be a little long, I'm 5'10" and 170ish and I'm looking more for 176 or 181s. What did the tychoon turn into?

Quote Originally Posted by stay amphibious View Post
    They look nice but might be a little long, I'm 5'10" and 170ish and I'm looking more for 176 or 181s. What did the tychoon turn into?
    Wren 102 replaced tychoon and vicik

2014/2015 ON3P Skis (Official Thread) - Discussion and Lust

A little ON3P stoke.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1453257753.222334.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	939.4 KB 
ID:	175242

189 Steeple 102, 184 Steeple 112, 186 Jeffery 112, 191 Wrenegade, 186 Wrenegade 112, 193 Cease & Desist

Almost everything has come together, just had to share.

Quote Originally Posted by galenparke View Post
    A little ON3P stoke.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1453257753.222334.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	939.4 KB 
ID:	175242

189 Steeple 102, 184 Steeple 112, 186 Jeffery 112, 191 Wrenegade, 186 Wrenegade 112, 193 Cease & Desist

Almost everything has come together, just had to share.
    sweet!