Dynafit question

Just got handed a pair of Vertical ST bindings with a narrow brake. Does anyone know if you can replace those brakes with TLT Vertical brakes?
    Thanks

No, you cannot - brakes on radical st/ft are part of the heel assembly in a more permanent manner.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    No, you cannot - brakes on radical st/ft are part of the heel assembly in a more permanent manner.
    I have the first generation of the Radical FT, and the brakes were identical to my Vertical FT brakes. Current production has the fixed brake though. I don't know if that addresses the OP's question about using TLT vertical brakes

The OP only mentioned Verticals, not Radicals.

Whoops, my bad - carry on
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Verticals and the first year of Radicals could be swapped fairly easily - you remove the heel housing, lift the little plate the "locks" the brake in place, pry open the curved part that goes around the pivot post, and replace with another brake. After that, they switched the Radicals to a brake that is continuous metal around the pivot post, so you either have to grind down a wrench to hold the nut on the underside in place and back the length adjustment screw all the way out of the base or swap the entire assembly (base plate, pivot post and brake). See www.wildsnow.com for details.

You may still be able to order Vertical brake assemblies from Dynafit/Salewa; its worth an email to their customer service dept, which is generally excellent.

Depending on which brake you need, this might work:

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/en/...es-p-4822.html

I changed up the brakes to a 110 on my verts a couple of years ago, its not hard to replace a narrow brake with a 110, what might be hard at this point is sourcing a wide (110?) brake for a Vert ... try google ing around

http://andrewcouncellmountainguide.w...-wider-brakes/

maybe this^^ will help ya?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I changed up the brakes to a 110 on my verts a couple of years ago, its not hard to replace a narrow brake with a 110, what might be hard at this point is sourcing a wide (110?) brake for a Vert ... try google ing around

http://andrewcouncellmountainguide.w...-wider-brakes/

maybe this^^ will help ya?
    I can find them, just waiting to hear back from Dynafit/ Salewa to make sure they're compatible.

I don't understand the OP question because it's about "Vertical ST" and "TLT Vertical" and as far as I know those are the same thing?