Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Originally posted by funkendrenchman
    Anyone with a car w/manual transmission, wanna teach me to drive it before skiing tomorrow since the snow is gonna be nothing to rush up there for? I can meet you at the PnR early, then go skiing from there.
    I'll teach ya...and you can slip the clutch all you want cause I'm selling it.

Funken please practice with ski boots on also seeing as how that will be a MUST once the season finally is in full swing
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

Originally posted by board
    Funken please practice with ski boots on also seeing as how that will be a MUST once the season finally is in full swing
    Its all about the driving slipper my friend. Atleast Funken's asking now. He was trying to use my truck w/o telling me when we went to Utah.

Originally posted by SherpaStyle
    I'll teach ya...and you can slip the clutch all you want cause I'm selling it.
    In that case take it up to about 3500 rpm, with the clutch pushed to the floor......just slip your foot quickly to the left and let the clutch pedal fly up........and oh yeah, hold on.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Heh, reminds me of that Honda ad w/ Michael Andretti, "Just rev it up to 9000 and drop the clutch"

I have a subaru with a manual transmission, but the weird thing is that I cannot start it with my ski boots on, something about not being able to get the clutch in far enough so the starter will engage. I definitely agree that learning at 11pm tommorow night would be far superior to tommorow morning, the grinding clutch noise is so much less intruisive to car owner if he is cloaked in 10 beers.

So who all is meeting at the parking ride at 9am?

me
    dude
    crinkle
    funken
    board

anyone else?

Have fun tomorrow, sounds like a good time kids, enjoy the partay!

Funken, After you warm up your shifting technique on someones car saturday night and want further instruction, I've got a manual tranny car here in the peoples republic.

anyone else?
    I'll be there

Funken- do you want me to bring my car? Otherwise, im driving an auto.

Thanks for all the offers. I'll let ya know if I need some more practice.

Bring your manual. I promise I'll be nice to it.

Have fun at the party guys, I'm sure I'll see something about it over the weekend on CNN or in the sunday paper.

Originally posted by Ireallyliketoski
    I have a subaru with a manual transmission, but the weird thing is that I cannot start it with my ski boots on, something about not being able to get the clutch in far enough so the starter will engage. I definitely agree that learning at 11pm tommorow night would be far superior to tommorow morning, the grinding clutch noise is so much less intruisive to car owner if he is cloaked in 10 beers.

So who all is meeting at the parking ride at 9am?

me
    dude
    crinkle
    funken
    board

anyone else?
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make for Loveland tomorrow, I was asked to work tomorrow at WP, so gotta do that. Have fun and I'll see ya'll tomorrow night.

Talking

Originally posted by 1080Rider
    Have fun at the party guys, I'm sure I'll see something about it over the weekend on CNN or in the sunday paper.
    you live near or around denver? just look for the bright orange flames ripping at the night sky From what I understand, there will be a lot of items to sacrifice tomorrow night!

bump^^

MD9 do you need any furniture? I have two retro mango lounge chairs I will not be keeping after I abandon ship.

Anyone need any computer speakers? I have a cheap pair of small Polk audio and a low end Altec Lansing sub/satellite combo. Free party favors?

It’s so quiet, it’s so cool, it’s so cold

Tecnica TC3 8 ½ good boot if anyone is looking to hook up a friend to the world skiing on the cheep errrr that would be free.

It’s so quiet, it’s so cool, it’s so cold

Holy shit we have a TON of food.

The projector isn't going to work with the computer, but I'm sure it'll work with the TV.

T-minus 2 hours.

Talking

We need some live "crackhouse spectacular" web cam feeds set up.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

I guess I could post a few digi pics through out the night.

Angry unfortunate incidents

Well, I hope the party went off. I was really looking forward to meeting all the colorado maggots....

... and then my cell phone apparently fell out of my car at the ranch my horse is boarded at. I had to stop to medicate him at 5 am before heading up to the Basin on Saturday, and I guess it fell out.

Then, later that day, it got run over by a tractor.

I didn't realize it was gone until I was going to call Powderfarmer after sweep to hitch a ride to Denver, and I could not find the damn thing anywhere, And that is the only place I had his number. aaaack!

Then last night I stopped back out at the ranch and the owner told me it had been run over by a tractor and was found laying by the haypile in a million pieces. So, um, I guess I need a new phone. I'll be going to search for the "best cell phone service" thread now.

At any rate, hope the party was great, and hope to meet you all at the next one.

-snowfire
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

I guess you didnt see the pics, have a looky here
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Has anyone seen my pair of K2s?

Damn, can't place 'em since before the party . . .