Stress: Your POV Matters

Like most of you girly-boys I'm well accustomed to the positive feedback of high levels of mountain stress. It makes me feel good. But why does "real-life" stress make me feel bad?

This cleared it all up and I'm thankful I found it. It's long, and it's worth it.

What a stupid fucking bitch. I'd like to introduce her to the stress of a solid ass-fucking.

CRF, BITCH!!!
    Last edited by Viva; 02-13-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Its kind of interesting. I have a stressful job, it used to affect me physically, now not so much. I don't think I could do a brainless job (except post on TGR) mostly because I like the feeling of pressure, I thrive in hectic environments. When the shit hits the fan I'm often told, "wow, you didn't even get excited"

So to further her stupid theory: can you become accustom to stress? Do the people that think it isn't bad for them, the same people that have acclimatized themselves to stress.

There is a saying among gambler, "A gambler will never die of a heart attack" as if its good for them.

On another note; Is Ted Talk running out of interesting topics? their 1000+ videos should be more like 100+

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    So to further her stupid theory: can you become accustom to stress? Do the people that think it isn't bad for them, the same people that have acclimatized themselves to stress.
    Sure, to a very modest and time-limited extent. The type and duration of various stressors vary quite a bit. Acute stress is short term exposure to a stressor, say a few hours. If it goes on for weeks to months, then it is chronic stress. Prolonged exposure to chronic stress leads to myriad physiologic derangements- e.g., learning and memory impairment, decreased reproductive function, inappropriate activation of the immune system resulting in inflammation (and later suppressed immune function), premature aging, etc.

I'm guessing that thrill seekers don't view their "thrilling activities" of choice as particularly stressful; they look forward to those activities. Consider a phobia- I think spiders are k00l! But a lot of people suffer significant emotional duress in their presence.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I'd like to introduce her to the stress of a solid ass-fucking.
    Prolonged exposure to chronic stress leads to myriad physiologic derangements- e.g., decreased reproductive function
    Is der poopenhousen a stress related indicator of decreased reproductive function?

ps - I totally glaze over when I see TED anything.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Is der poopenhousen a stress related indicator of decreased reproductive function?
    Not for the "pitcher", although the likelihood for fertilization is pretty remote, I'll admit.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    On another note; Is Ted Talk running out of interesting topics? their 1000+ videos should be more like 100+
    Ted's vanity intellectual pablum for the status seeking
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...talk-about-ted

spook Guest
    weren't you in japan for fukushima? probably that.

Not for the "pitcher", although the likelihood for fertilization is pretty remote, I'll admit.
    Just a request, but please don't use "pitcher" and "catcher" for hetro poopenhousen. Kind of ruins the fun. But I know what you were saying.
    Life is not lift served.