Any Arborists/Tree Surgeons Here?

Seems like a really fucking cool job. School me on it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

He's commutable to Jackson. Coupla rich folks with trees there.

http://www.bartlett.com/bartlett-locations.cfm

Looking at the map it appears that Bartlett needs a Wyoming/Idaho location. We use them, it's a good company. I'm sure somebody will come along and shit on them, and no doubt there's independent tree whisperers who do a better job, but hey.

Got a buddy who works for the USDA with experimental fruit trees.

It pays his bills.
    watch out for snakes

I did it my Jr, sr year in high school and through some college. The guy I worked for liked the fact that I did not want to stick around in the winter (when I was chained by my captures to a tuning bench). Its was fun scary I was kind of a dumb kid who put complete trust in my boss, I would do whatever he said no matter how unconformable I was. I told if he got me killed or badly injured he might make my mom sad so to think it out so I don't have to. The scarier times were the probably most safe, like dangling off the end of a crane you have zero control.

Learning how to tie knots was pretty cool. We never used spikes unless we were going to take the tree completely down. Hanging out in a tree all day with a chain saw, pole saw, and pull saw was hard but cool. We worked at the proprieties of super wealthy people so we were on the lake most days or some place with great view (other then the tree tops).
    My only scar is on my wrist from my pull saw, they are super sharp. I ripped myself open pretty good came out of the tree and told the dood I needed to get stitches, he was angry I came down and told me to put some duct tape on it lol. Lets see what else, oh I had a bullet fly by me during hunting season we were pruning a apple orchard.

Lots of days of just humping chunked up logs/brush to the truck from far way and/or feeding a chipper. If we had no tree work Id weed gardens or play pick up stick in acres of perfectly groomed forest (these people did not want sticks on the ground in there forests, what if they had to walk in there). I liked the days when I could hangout in a garden all day pulling weeds with bag of herb making $25 has a high school student. I have a buddy who still does it the equipment different now he always has his gopro now etc..
    I recommend it to any kid who wants to do some hard work.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I hear the real $$ is in tree plastic surgery. Lot of Larch trees wish they were oaks.
    watch out for snakes

Rbtree had some pretty sick falling photos from the pnw a while back.

bit of a thread jack.... I need an arborist on the front range.... need some trimming done and don't want to kill the tree. pm me if your in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think rbtree used to hang out over here:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/

I think everything you want to know is over there.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

There are such things as tree-climbing dentists???
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

you cut tree branches and paint the wound, sounds amazing

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Yes, it really is a huge lot of fun. All outside, you can be in a town but up in the trees it is a different world, immersed in nature but 100% switched on, quite primal. Climbing, Working 90ft up at times, roped in and dropping tonnes of timber. You need to be fast to earn (too hasty = accidents). Camaraderie and team work. Lost a couple of pals, nearly karked it myself a few times. It all wore off after 10 years on the chainsaw. I've worked in three different countries. Got a few scars and a knackered back to show for it. A lot of great memories and a few good friends, but no great money in it. I fly a desk / computer for a living now (earn more and others do the cutting). If you are 16-22 go for it, a young mans game. In over 25 years in the Forestry and Arboriculture industry I've only known three cutters over 50.
    Gone fishing