Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Advertising should not be taken as life advice.
    This ^^^

And this belongs here:

Caddies are ideal project cars. Buy, restore, sell.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Advertising should not be taken as life advice.
    But a whole industry is built using the science of human behavior to to do just that with a lot of success. Mad Ave has a lot of power. They should be using that power to teach our kids. Imagine a school day filled with well designed 30 second spots? Shit, even I might have learned something in school.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Wow - that shit is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Most of those cars are not rare at all and should be driven instead of sitting. Very few cars deserve to be archived.

I like the ad, and I'm not disturbed by it. I thought following it with:
    Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.
    was funny.
    I like manual transmissions, and so does a close friend of mine who owns a CTS-V, so neither of us would buy that car. I think the OP is insecure.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

What part of not judging yet interested in the motivation of others don't you get? I'm always looking to learn. Maybe my biggest dysfunction is that I have never given 2 shits about what others think about me. I think maybe you watch too much Faux News. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Let me edit to say that I set a goal this year to work on being aware of my own cognitive dissonance which was one of the reasons I started this thread. Best advice I was ever given was to seek advice from many sources then make up my own mind.
    Last edited by wooley12; 02-12-2014 at 01:40 PM.

i rather a month off in august, mo money=mo problems.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Most of those cars are not rare at all and should be driven instead of sitting. Very few cars deserve to be archived.
    there's maybe a couple hundred cars a year made that make sense to "archive" for a decent return.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    What part of not judging yet interested in the motivation of others don't you get? I'm always looking to learn. Maybe my biggest dysfunction is that I have never given 2 shits about what others think about me. I think maybe you watch too much Faux News. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Let me edit to say that I set a goal this year to work on being aware of my own cognitive dissonance which was one of the reasons I started this thread. Best advice I was ever given was to seek advice from many sources then make up my own mind.
    Which is it? Not judging or judging that guy you're responding to by calling him a faux news watcher (which using that phrase on its own conveys nothing but judgment)?

I thought it was a decent commercial. And while I would never buy American, despite Madison Ave's dastardly messages trying to make me do so, I do like the CTS-V.

Still would never buy one though.

You want advice, live life, don't worry about what the other guy is doing with his.
    I still call it The Jake.

Fuck that, I'm judging all you guys, all the time. Judgment is pretty much what makes the world go 'round. It is DEFINITELY what makes the auto industry go 'round.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I would never buy American
    huh. I would in a minute if I liked the car enough. I want to buy American.

meh... its a commercial....

my parents had a 68 caddy back in the day... not this one but exact color combo. still remember getting rides in it and all the kids in neighborhood asking to go for rides. Believe it or not, my dad drove this beast up snowing hills around RMNP to cut down a tree for Christmas... the tree DID fit in the trunk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	410468_caddy_006-med.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	150530

my dad loved caddies... owned quite a few and took care of them. He never really had a lot of money, just saved and bought used/repaired. mom still drives around in an all wheel drive ATS in Florida, very nice car to drive. She puts about 20k a year on it driving all around the country visiting family and friends

What's wrong? Only two things; style and content.

Well that and the guy has too much plastic surgery.

Well those and that commercial wants to make me lie on a French beach for the month of August, surrounded by smoking hot French babes who aren't whacked on Adderall, Abilify or Wellbutrin or all three because they work too hard and are walking around like zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    I don't know anyone who owns a caddy, or wants to. Also don't know any pimps, so...
    You mean pimps that can make some douche in a 3 series like stupid with a ATS 3.6? Of have 556hp with a 6 speed in a wagon like a CTS-V wagon? Or maybe have a 300+ hp full size 4 cyl t/c sedan like a CTS?

Like you don't know anyone who owns one of those, or would like to? You should, they are a fucking blast to drive. But I guess a Prius is better, right, or does it have to have a prop or 3 pointed star on the front to make it OK for you?

That's the nice thing about generalizing, you can say stupid things and not get called on it (almost).

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Wow - that shit is horrible.
    Maybe you'll like this one better. Wait for it... Those HORNS!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Which is it? Not judging or judging that guy you're responding to by calling him a faux news watcher (which using that phrase on its own conveys nothing but judgment)?

I thought it was a decent commercial. And while I would never buy American, despite Madison Ave's dastardly messages trying to make me do so, I do like the CTS-V.

Still would never buy one though.

You want advice, live life, don't worry about what the other guy is doing with his.
    Dope slap received an appreciated. I often type faster than think.

Good day skiing today. Kicked out an I phone at the top of my 1st run and located the owner, made a guy laugh in the lift line. "Are you a single?" "Nope, still married." and skied some nice sun softened groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    huh. I would in a minute if I liked the car enough. I want to buy American.
    I've also liked the Corvettes as of late, the outgoing C6 and the new C7. The former being quite a beast in LeMans too.

I know GM is making some great cars, but when it comes time to open the checkbook I've found that they are still that much farther behind their foreign counterpart models.

Maybe one day soon but who knows. Until they realize that leather and wood look better on an interior than the same bin parts as can be found in a Chevy Van then I'm just not sold.
    I still call it The Jake.