Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gayness

Gayness

No...I'm not talking about whether being gay is right or wrong, that's a personal thing and shouldn't be a topic. Nor am I talking about how one comes to be gay. Personally, I think it is perhaps a combination of genetic and psychiatric factors outside of one's choice.

I am talking about the classic 'traits' of gayness...the effeminate mannerisms; the lilting voice and yes, even the limp wrist. And before I get a bunch of shit - I do realize that not all homosexuals exhibit all or any of these classic traits.

See, while I believe that homosexuality itself might be of genetic/neurological derivation, I believe that many of the famous traits that have come to signify gayness are wholly learned behaviors.

Take the lilting voice, for instance. I believe there is zero scientific evidence that would lead one to believe that it is NOT an acquired vocal trait...perhaps acquired at a fairly early age, but acquired nonetheless. I've considered for some time that the "gay voice" is a learned response...an associative behavior by way of specific-group modeling. I would be remiss to maintain that it is merely a signaling behavior, as I believe it has a larger aspect of specific-group bonding, although signaling aspect is certainly not inconsequential. Intraspecies, group-derived vocal modulation is certainly not unknown in the animal world, but is readily apparent amongst the 'lighter in the loafer' of our species to more than marginal degree.

The same may be said for the 'limp wrist' behavior, although this seems to present to lesser extant than the lilting voice...but still at statistically significant levels.

General gay mannerisms (just acting fucking gay), however, may be be harder to derive in terms of genesis, and may indeed be more ingrained in early pscho-socio development. I remember kids in early elementary school who acted like quite the gay blades...extremely effeminate. Whether this was of hormonal derivation is not known in these cases, although I don't remember these kids having either lilting voices nor limp wrists...in fact, I am fairly sure they presented normal in these aspects, if I remember right. Their significant presentation was that they acted very much like girls.

But I would surmise that the classic lilting voice and limp wrist are wholly LEARNED group-identity behaviors with minimal neurologic derivation...traits with both signal and bonding functionality. To think that these specific traits are merely autonomic expressions is just thilly.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    But I would surmise that the classic lilting voice and limp wrist are wholly LEARNED group-identity behaviors with minimal neurologic derivation...traits with both signal and bonding functionality. To think that these specific traits are merely autonomic expressions is just thilly.
    You needed to start a whole thread on this, with the 5 paragraphs that were unneeded? Do you know any gay people? I bet if you said this to almost any homosexual male (because that's what this is about, not females) they would say "DUH, NO FUCKING SHIT."

But thanks for your brilliant insight into what you think about male homosexual behavior.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Your threads are the Gayness.

I watched a show about Freddie Mercury yesterday.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

You forgot "light in the loafers". No offense, Larry.
    DNC: The party of gays, gungrabbers, wets, welfare queens, babykillers and ambulance chasers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

First Michael Sam and now this. People are coming out left and right lately. It's not the NFL, but props to Alaskan Rover for coming out in a such homophobic, gay bashing place as TGR.

Respect

I was quite shocked when I learned that Neil Sedaka was married.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I was quite shocked when I learned that Neil Sedaka was married.
    Haven't you heard? It's legal in 17 states.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

TGR made me gay.

Sedaka isn't married to Paul Schaffer ? ... I'll check back later, "The Bachelor" is on, right now!

Assuming your premise is true, when did you learn your lisp and limp wrist?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    I watched a show about Freddie Mercury yesterday.
    If you got a boner, you're gay

Wait ... are we discussing being gay or being ghay? BIG difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Sedaka isn't married to Paul Schaffer ? ... I'll check back later, "The Bachelor" is on, right now!
    No, he's married to Jim Nabors

I for one object to the perfectly good and useful English word "gay" being confiscated by a bunch of poofters.

That's all I have to say, except that AKR hearts the cock.

If I'm masturbating to this thread does that make me gay?

Quote Originally Posted by jma233 View Post
    Naw, it just makes you lame.

Quote Originally Posted by jma233 View Post
    No, something else made you gay. But yes you are gay.

It's not lilting. It's called tweeting. This thread is making my nipples hard.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Lilting + lisping is a strong indicator of gayness. Lilting alone could just mean you are Canadian.

Pretty much all male behavior can be explained by understanding that all males want out of life is sex. If you are straight, what you think will help you get you laid might include such stupid affected shit as bodybuilding or bro-speak or perhaps wearing a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches if you are in academia. It's all marketing.

If you are gay that marketing might consist in part of adopting an affected way of walking or talking, which makes it easier for potential mates to identify you as a prospect.

We're all prisoners of the cock, face it.

I guess you don't realize how many body builders are homosexual. Gay men are stereotypically "fairy's" but are generally more concerned with their bodies than hetero men. I have many homosexual friends and they live in the gym and are way more concerned about being "buff" than my heterosexual friends.

By the numbers, there are less homo men than hetero men but of that mix, I would say the ratio of those that are more athletic to be much higher for homosexual men.

But again, lets keep buying into the stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    We're all prisoners of the cock, face it.
    Um............. are you coming out? Icequeen has a nice ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I guess you don't realize how many body builders are homosexual.
    durrr, yeah I got that. Poor example, but the reason behind it is the same. They want sex.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Um............. are you coming out? Icequeen has a nice ring to it.
    Yeah I forgot your dick is in a box on the porch. My bad.

…prisoners of our own cocks would've been a more apt way of saying that.