Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Thanks for all the discussion!

Debate really is the following:

Do you go with a $20-40 CRKT/Kershaw/Gerber/SOG and not be worried about loosing it or using it to open beers....

Or.

Do you go with a $100-150 Benchmade/Spyderco and take care of it hoping it will last 15 years....

Kinda like the good old fancy sunglasses debate.
    My philosophy is buy quality once and take care of it until it dies.

I have an old CRKT liner lock knife that I've carried on and off for over 12 years easily. It's not the most ideal knife, but it was cheap as fuck (cost me under $25) and more than gets the job done. Now that I find myself using a knife on a more frequent basis, I wanted something more substantial as far as blade size/length/thickness are concerned, as well as the handle size.

If you are prone to misplace or lose things, save yourself the headache and just buy something to get you by. I'd personally prefer a CRKT over most Kershaw and most SOG knives any day. That's based on my own experiences with those 3 brands and after having a wide variety of products from each brand in my hands.

If you do go the cheap route, avoid the assisted knives at all cost; they are just not worth it. If you get the chance to play with a few, grab the blade and try and wiggle them around. You should see a huge difference between models, and brands right away. I personally wouldn't purchase a knife that has a ton of play in it; but that's just me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11AAFF30-2913-4053-8DC0-84B1A2D0BABE.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	319.2 KB 
ID:	349002

CRKT Drifter. I can keep it sharp enough and they are cheap enough that I dont care if I do something stupid with it.

I found this spyderco para 2 on the trails a couple of years ago and I love it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4636.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	349020

Harvest the ride.

Been carrying this for the last few years. I have the serrated drop point. Best carry knife I've found so far.

https://www.benchmade.com/mini-griptilian-family.html

Tip: By the tool to tighten the clip, and add some threadlock to the screws. Goes for any knife.

My daily is the regular sized version of that. It takes a beating.

Figured all you dentists would be slinging the Koenig Arius.

I have been using the same 4” cold steel recon spear point for years. It’s on the larger side, but I think it fits in the pocket well. Very good steel that holds an edge well. Simple and sturdy build with good grip. I use it heavily every day.

https://www.coldsteel.com/recon-1-sp...dge-s35vn-27bs

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Been carrying this for the last few years. I have the serrated drop point. Best carry knife I've found so far.

https://www.benchmade.com/mini-griptilian-family.html

Tip: By the tool to tighten the clip, and add some threadlock to the screws. Goes for any knife.
    The Mini Griptilian is very tough to beat for a reasonably priced but very high quality EDC knife.

If you can to spend more, this is quite a bit nicer.... I used an REI 20% coupon for it a few years ago and have been happy enough to not look at others since.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201122_072356.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	349218
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Ontario RAT or RAT II folder is a good cheap option if you don’t want to spend Benchmade prices. Liner lock is not my fave though.