Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Flying Tomato is a Pussy

Discuss...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

The Olympics are going to more of an ordeal than that damn Super Bowl. I'm almost hoping for a terrorist attack just to distract from the normal bullshit.

haha one pic i saw on facebook his hair looked like he gelled and combed it before the comp.. maybe he should have spent a little more time on his line than his hair.
    long live the jahrator

He doesn't like to be called that anymore...Flying Tomato that is. Pretty sure pussy is OK though.
    The Sheriff is near!

I'm hesitant to call him out on this when a lot of other feedback has been that the course is dangerous.

It's not just him. Arguablly the best slopestyle rider in the world got injured in practice. White isn't as strong on slopestyle as he is pipe. And pipe is later in the week and he wants to stay healthy. If I was in his position with his skill set and given the chance to injure myself on something I probably won't medal in or skip it and crush in what I had a good chance of getting gold in... yeah, no fucking brainer.

Jealousy is dripping in this thread.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I'm hesitant to call him out on this when a lot of other feedback has been that the course is dangerous.
    I'm with ya. As much as I dislike him, I almost think he made a good call given all the feedback about the course. Sounds like the Risk>Reward.

POV tour of the course http://mpora.com/videos/AAdp9a8svkq8

Still not cool dropping out so late in the game when his spot can't be filled by someone who actually wants to be there..

Sketchy course or not, I bet there are a few guys who just missed out on a spot that are LIVID right now.

We have been reading about the issues with that course for what, like a week now? He shoulda quit earlier and given up his spot.. Not doing so is something that I just can't help but read as selfish

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Still not cool dropping out so late in the game when his spot can't be filled by someone who actually wants to be there..

Sketchy course or not, I bet there are a few guys who just missed out on a spot that are LIVID right now. As they should be.
    And how was he, or anyone for that matter, supposed to know how sketchy the course actually was until he got there and took a run?

Wow...an Olympic level slopestyle course is "dangerous"...maybe Bob Costas will do a commentary on how he wouldn't let his kids snowboard like he did with football.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by spankthepow View Post
    That is cool.

Can an alternate fill his spot at this point? We have have some guys that could medal that didn't get to go.

Snowboarders are saying it is dangerous. Most of the skiers there have been saying the course is awesome and they are super stoked...but of course the media is only reporting the bad! The horror! I've seen quotes from guys stoked on the airtime, can't wait to ski it again, etc, etc.

Like in the rest of the 3rd world tp goes in the waist bin. Not down the toilet. The amount some reporters are freaking out over standard traveling is hilarious. I almost feel like some old school big wig power western media guys are purposely stoking the fire so they can have the last laugh over their little dick syndrome cold war times.

Overall I find the whole thing quite funny.

"Standard Traveling" that includes dead or dying dogs every so often-the gnarliest group of nut cases who hate the nut case throwing the olympics just over the mountain. I have a few friends there and they have been saying nothing is "standard" about the travel or the "village". I dont know shit about ther course or the crying tomato but I would not call this standard by any stretch of the imagination. One of the rebels gets his or herself in a high value target and pulls the rip chord and standard gets real SUB standard real fast.

Not a park rat but why the surprise with the course. Its not like its a fixed/natural mt face on the FWT that is heinous. Its a 100% manufactured course built by trained and certified builders. And I thought all courses had some form input from a group of team managers and risk committee of sorts from multiple countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Like in the rest of the 3rd world tp goes in the waist bin. Not down the toilet. The amount some reporters are freaking out over standard traveling is hilarious. I almost feel like some old school big wig power western media guys are purposely stoking the fire so they can have the last laugh over their little dick syndrome cold war times.

Overall I find the whole thing quite funny.
    TP, yea they should get over that. It's standard for 3rd world.

But arriving to a hotel that hasn't been completed 3 days before the games? I don't think trading a light bulb for a door knob falls under standard traveling.

haha...look I guess I should change my stance.
    The examples you guys give are standard traveling. Should it be standard for the olympics...hell no.

Hotel rooms without lightbulbs/without a door even...standard, sucks but seen it plenty of times.
    Dead or dying stray dogs in the street...standard, sucks but seen it plenty of times.

But again that should not be occurring at the olympics. That is for sure. But the olympics shouldn't be held in essentially a 3rd world area. Not saying Russia is 3rd world. But certainly that part of it is.

The threat of a terrorist attack is very real at all major events in this day and age. Doesn't matter what country it is. Boston marathon. Atlanta olympics. London, etc. That will never change and don't think it matters whether it's russia or any other country.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    It's not just him. Arguablly the best slopestyle rider in the world got injured in practice. White isn't as strong on slopestyle as he is pipe. And pipe is later in the week and he wants to stay healthy. If I was in his position with his skill set and given the chance to injure myself on something I probably won't medal in or skip it and crush in what I had a good chance of getting gold in... yeah, no fucking brainer.

Jealousy is dripping in this thread.
    This....

Wondering why the skiers are drooling over this course and the boarders are like no bueno.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by spankthepow View Post
    I'm with ya. As much as I dislike him, I almost think he made a good call given all the feedback about the course. Sounds like the Risk>Reward.

POV tour of the course http://mpora.com/videos/AAdp9a8svkq8
    Eh, looked like an easy course to me! (as someone with zero slope-style experience...)

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

Sketchy course or not, I bet there are a few guys who just missed out on a spot that are LIVID right now.

We have been reading about the issues with that course for what, like a week now? He shoulda quit earlier and given up his spot.. Not doing so is something that I just can't help but read as selfish
    Haven't read the whole thread yet, but, ^^this.

A true sportsman would ride the course and take it easier. Seems like he just is scared but doesn't wanna lose. Gotta keep dem sponsorship checks flowing.

Pussy...nope. A few years back I remember him taking a HUGE hit in practice and laying it down minutes later. I don't care much for all his "greatness" BS but nope not a pussy. Sochi is fucked is all.

He's not 20 anymore.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm sure he gives a fuck what a fat kid from AK that can't seem to get pussy thinks about him while he flying in private jets banging anything he wants and partying with the big boys living it up. Yup, try again.

Jealousy.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I think the consensus is that Shawn white is a d bag? All top level slope style courses are super dangerous. It's an 80 foot table, if he doesn't want to hit them he should hit the ladies course. Taking someone's place on the team then quitting at the last hour, totally classless move. At any rate skiers seem stoked about the course, if Instagram/twitter mean anything looks to me like there are fairly short trannies though.

At least he won't be mistaken for a chick anymore with that haircut.