Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Beast 14

Quote Originally Posted by strange meadow lark View Post
    .......I swear this was a design feature that dynafit didn't bother translating to english. But if anyone knows better let me know.
    Attachment 262512
    I can assure you that the binding is NOT designed to be used this way and since you've posted this I've had two people contact me after breaking their high lifters trying this. Just 'cause you've got away with it for so long doesn't make it a good idea - just look at the angle you're pushing - it's straight down the length of the lifter right on to its weakest area around the pivot/axle - & it takes a lot of downward pressure to be transferred in just a little rearward movement.

The Beast was discontinued a couple of seasons ago and Dynafit have absolutely zero parts inventory.

Fuck. Tail firmly tucked between legs. Thanks Jon, and a huge apology to those that tried. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Does anyone use the Beasts without the metal heel reinforcement?
    Without them, what kind of problem will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by j0z77 View Post
    Does anyone use the Beasts without the metal heel reinforcement?
    Without them, what kind of problem will happen?
    The heels of your boots will get badly chewed up very quickly if you don't fit the Power Inserts.

When are the heels chewed?
    Only when they are released or every time clicked in and/or out?

Anyone sitting on some extra 105mm brakes for their beasts? My brake completely snapped and I'm not sitting on enough cash to move on to different bindings yet.

Having trouble setting up the forward pressure on my Beasts with my new boots (Mtn Labs). Seem to have to wiggle the binding heal for the pins to sit properly in the boot and for the forward pressure to be right- is this normal? It's a bit concerning

Quote Originally Posted by j0z77 View Post
    When are the heels chewed?
    Only when they are released or every time clicked in and/or out?
    Every time you click in. The Power Insert rubs on the two sloping metal prongs that convert the downward pressure of your boot in to rearward motion of the upper heel on its lower track. The boot then drops down to the correct level and the forward pressure spring pushes the upper heel forward with the binding pins then sliding into the rear of the boot. Without the Power Insert the sloping metal prongs will gouge your boot heel up pretty damned quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Every time you click in. The Power Insert rubs on the two sloping metal prongs that convert the downward pressure of your boot in to rearward motion of the upper heel on its lower track. The boot then drops down to the correct level and the forward pressure spring pushes the upper heel forward with the binding pins then sliding into the rear of the boot. Without the Power Insert the sloping metal prongs will gouge your boot heel up pretty damned quick.
    Thank you very much for your perfect commentary!