Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Anyone messed around the with Raider 2.0s and have feedback on the magnetic heel riser system?

Want:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaDxXEggcZ4

OK, who lives in Italy, can get a deal on these, and send them to me, or at least hold on to them so I can pick them up on my trip to La Grave later this winter?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Meh, I prefer the ones you can operate with a pole and are lighter.

So, you're stuck with this magnetic widget system with the 2.0? Looks like a step backwards to me if you have to fiddle with separating the two risers by hand. OTOH, if it takes springs out of the equation (icing, softening over time, etc.) it might be a good trade-off. Mo' info required.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

The magnet thing is only one of about six changes to these, they look better in every regard. Go to their website and take a look

The heels from these things and dynafit toes = lightweight touring perfection.

ATK raider 14 DIN binding

Just an FYI, I contacted them directly and bought 2 pairs of the old raider 14 heels in fire sale for 200 € per pair. They will sell any heel pieces, but they only ship to dealers.

Speed rad toes and raider heels with the stomp block. Glory.

Interested to see if the new ones are any improvement. There seems to be a normal binding to boot gap, but the binding slides back on bottom out. I've just never had a bottom out. Always on stiff skis with reverse camber though.
    Last edited by JRainey; 10-08-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Interesting. Thanks

Yep, I pulled them completely apart. It is spring with delrin bushing on the end riding against machined aluminum base. Uses what looks like a silicone grease

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Meh, I prefer the ones you can operate with a pole and are lighter.
    I would think you could operate those with a pole pretty well, like Radicals. Yes, they are a touch lighter. I want that heel riser system on the RT bindings...

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    I would think you could operate those with a pole pretty well, like Radicals. Yes, they are a touch lighter. I want that heel riser system on the RT bindings...
    You can't switch into ski mode with your pole. Have you looked at the AL04 or AL02? Adapters for the RT that would give you what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    You can't switch into ski mode with your pole. Have you looked at the AL04 or AL02? Adapters for the RT that would give you what you want?
    I was thinking more about using your poles to go to different riser heights while on the skin track (by flipping the risers), then having to turn it by hand to go to ski mode. Actually, if you look at all the pics of the new Raiders, you should be able to keep the heel piece oriented with the pins forward "ski mode" and still use the two riser heights, just not the flat position, then just flip the risers out of the way and step down into ski mode.

I have seen the AL04 and AL02 adapters, but then its the same issue, you have to turn the binding while on the skin track to get riser heights. I've never actually had a pair of tech bindings with the flippers (like radicals), but they seem like they would be easier to go to different riser heights when Im tired and breathing hard on the skin track. Maybe have some type of neurologic disorder, but sometimes when my heart rating is up there is seems challenging to get my pole tip into my Plums or old school dynafits...

Hello,
    for Salomon MTN Explore 95 which one is better, Raider 12 vs Raider 14?
    If I choose 12 do I need toe plate, (doubt because front 30 x 27mm holes pattern). I'll ski 50% in resort..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hnnaum View Post
    Hello,
    for Salomon MTN Explore 95 which one is better, Raider 12 vs Raider 14?
    If I choose 12 do I need toe plate, (doubt because front 30 x 27mm holes pattern). I'll ski 50% in resort..
    Thanks
    The 12 and 14 choice is based on retention, not ski choice. Are you big and brawny? Go 14.

So collective, what would be the best way to get 2 pairs of Raider 2.0 12's with 108 brakes? Telemark-Pyrenees only shows 102 brakes, Sport Conrad only shows 14's with the 108's, Trekinn, shows "no image". Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    The 12 and 14 choice is based on retention, not ski choice. Are you big and brawny? Go 14.

So collective, what would be the best way to get 2 pairs of Raider 2.0 12's with 108 brakes? Telemark-Pyrenees only shows 102 brakes, Sport Conrad only shows 14's with the 108's, Trekinn, shows "no image". Opinions?
    I just received my Raider 12 2.0s with 108mm brakes from Telemark-Pyrenees yesterday. They had just gotten them in when I ordered, maybe they have already sold out temporarily. I'd just send them an email and ask when they will have more, they responded to my emails promptly

My initial impressions are good, the heel riser system seems like it will work really well (assuming there are no durability issues).

I've skied the Raider 2.0 extensively this southern winter. Been a great binding - better build quality than Dynafit. The risers are super easy to operate, but it is a little harder to turn the heel for the higher positions than it was on the Free Raider 14 (thanks to the removal of the ski-tip hole thingy). Anyway, I've never felt the need for the higher positions whilst skinning so far.

As for on the down, they work great. Very good retention for me, and I've got them on 10. I've added a freeride spacer just to make for better power transfer, and have been super happy. I've also shimmed the toe (with the B&D 6mm shim). Definitely reduces me using the rear cuff for support too often.

I've run with brakes, but have gone back to leashes. I'm not 100% convinced they will work in firm, steep settings or when heavily iced up. Can heartily endorse this product.

Do you know what Is height of front and rear pins? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hnnaum View Post
    Do you know what Is height of front and rear pins? Thanks
    10mm difference between toe and heel pin height

Thank you, that is about 5mm less than radical 2.0..

Telemark-Pyrenees is notorious for having items in stock but just not showing stock on their website. Like the suggestion above just contact them about it. They respond very quickly.

Thanks for the replies. Telemark-Pyrenees it is. I think I will shim the toes also, as I do with my verts.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    I've also shimmed the toe (with the B&D 6mm shim). Definitely reduces me using the rear cuff for support too often.
    Which shim is that exactly? B&D shows a 6.4 for classic, etc., thanks in advance.

Plug you hooked me up with some Nordic skis last winter. I've got a piece of ~4mm thick HDPE that I've used for shims before. It's yours if you want it for shimming.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Which shim is that exactly? B&D shows a 6.4 for classic, etc., thanks in advance.
    Yep, used the 6.4mm. The Free Raider 14 is about neutral with the shim, the R12 2.0 is about 5 or 6mm higher at the heel than the toe. Both are fine for me.

^^^thanks to you both.