Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Autocorrect (sorry). The term they adopted for the dented boot toes was "invagination". I edited the above post for posterity ;-)

... Thom
    So does that mean your boot got vag'd?

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Here’s my slightly older Cochise 120. No contact with the lever. My toes are shimmed though I don’t imagine that would matter.

Attachment 417813

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What is stopping the rotation in this photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    What is stopping the rotation in this photo?
    Nothing.
    I'm holding the boot with one hand and phone with the other. I could rotate it beyond vertical and there is no boot/lever contact.
    My Cochise is from 2019 or so. The toe must be shaped different than the other guy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    So does that mean your boot got vag'd?
    Fortunately, I missed the 1st Evo gen. that had this problem ;-)
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Hey guys, I just purchased the FR16 to pair it with a pair of 4FRNT Hoji skis, for touring/freeride duties.
    I know that the release values of AT bindings don't correspond to alpine certified DIN settings, hence I am looking for some help with what value should I set it at. I previously used the Marker Tour F12 with the din set at 8.5, but it's my first experience with pin bindings and I am a bit worried regarding the high minimum "din value" of 9 (9-16 full range).
    I am 177cm / 70 kg (with the gear on) / BSL of the boot 275 mm / and an expert freeride aggressive skier, sending big drops and generally charging quite hard.
    I used some din calculators on the web and they suggested between 9 and 10.
    Any advice on what value should I set for my ATK FR 16?

Someone told me I should have gone for the FR14, but one the one of the main reasons is that I got an extremely good price deal on the FR16 (200 Euros off) and also since the FR14 has the minimum value of 8 and FR16 has 9, I figured it won't make to much sense/difference.
    What do you guys think/say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7IZ...MichaelTrotman

Quote Originally Posted by marcomarinescu View Post
    Hey guys, I just purchased the FR16 to pair it with a pair of 4FRNT Hoji skis, for touring/freeride duties.
    I know that the release values of AT bindings don't correspond to alpine certified DIN settings, hence I am looking for some help with what value should I set it at. I previously used the Marker Tour F12 with the din set at 8.5, but it's my first experience with pin bindings and I am a bit worried regarding the high minimum "din value" of 9 (9-16 full range).
    I am 177cm / 70 kg (with the gear on) / BSL of the boot 275 mm / and an expert freeride aggressive skier, sending big drops and generally charging quite hard.
    I used some din calculators on the web and they suggested between 9 and 10.
    Any advice on what value should I set for my ATK FR 16?

Someone told me I should have gone for the FR14, but one the one of the main reasons is that I got an extremely good price deal on the FR16 (200 Euros off) and also since the FR14 has the minimum value of 8 and FR16 has 9, I figured it won't make to much sense/difference.
    What do you guys think/say?

In carpet testing across several ATK models, I see as much as a "1" variance between an RT10, Raider 12, and Haute Route. Treat this as unscientific and anecdotal.

Brand to brand differences? Who knows.

But hey! It's only your tib/fib and you saved 200 Euros.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

ATK raider 14 DIN binding

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    In carpet testing across several ATK models, I see as much as a "1" variance between an RT10, Raider 12, and Haute Route. Treat this as unscientific and anecdotal.
    What does this even mean?
    How does one carpet test tech binding release and determine they vary by “1”?

Is my sarcasm meter malfunctioning?

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    What does this even mean?
    How does one carpet test tech binding release and determine they vary by “1”?

Is my sarcasm meter malfunctioning?
    Unscientific and anecdotal, as I mentioned. Ya know ... step in and try to twist out of them (also test vertical release).

"Vary by 1" means 8.5 on the right foot of one ski and 9.5 on the right foot of another ski.

Old school ... before testing machines ... eh?

... Thom
    Galibier Design