Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    'A law enforcement official told ABC News that investigators found 50 bags of heroin along with used syringes in Hoffman's apartment along with drug paraphernalia and prescription drugs.'
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

spook Guest
    i had my chance in a taxi in south america with the guy in the front seat with a needle sticking out of his arm and he just smiled at me and said, "you don't want this."

and i was like, no shit fucker, i want COCAINE.

seriously, i was curious, and i've done a lot of other reckless yes death defying shit but it would have taken a huge leap for me to share a needle. plus i hadn't overcome my fear of needles yet.

the first movie i remember of his was flawless, and i thought he gave a sensitive performance. don't really remember much after that until i saw him playing snobby or evil and thought it was an unfortunate waste of his talent.
    Last edited by spook; 02-03-2014 at 03:24 PM.

"this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    until i saw him playing snobby
    The Big Lebowski. Complete waste.

He was one of my favorite actors. I don't know if I've seen any movie where an actor made me as angry with a character as much as he did in Capote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    So, all that being said, managing my "addictions" - if that's what you want to call them, is my responsibility. I don't think of them as addictions. Addiction is a physical condition that I have also experienced. When I have been addicted to coke, or H, or pills, or what have you, the physical need for the chemical is real. Sweats and vomiting and nightmares and hallucinations are all very real symptoms of the addiction. However, once that has passed, and I'm clean again, the willingness to go through that again in pursuit of getting high is not an addiction. It's irrational, irresponsible, and I am not fully in control of it, but it is not an addiction. That's just a function of my personality that I need to be aware of, and that I need to manage in order to pursue my other goals in life and to be responsible. I have a lot of responsibilities these days, and my life would be very intolerant of that sort of behavior. So, as a matter of personal responsibility to my family and to myself, I have to make the decisions I CAN make, in order to not go down that path. .

Agreed. Heroin use is a choice. One is helpless before addiction only if one chooses to believe the lies we tell ourself. The reward of smack is a lie you told to yourself. The stuff is legendary for ruining lives yet rich junkies think they can chip and get away with it. But as famed junkie W.S. Burroughs wrote: "Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot cheat. The mark inside."

I lost a good friend to heroin. He was a good friend with rich white people problems but I still think he was a dumbfuck in the end. Still pissed off at him and still very pissed at the mutual friend who got him back onto smack. Hoffman's just a talented dumbfuck, in the end. He can go shoot speedballs in celebrity Heaven with John Belushi, River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, Whitney Houston and all the other talented, successful dumbfucks who threw it all away.

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    Over 100 O.D. deaths so far on the East Coast since the start of 2014, all supposedly from this batch of heroin cut with Fentanyl.
    Someone should make drugs illegal so this doesn't happen anymore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1557492_424583340977951_1432530310_n.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	149972
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    Someone should make drugs illegal so this doesn't happen anymore.
    How is a ban on drugs going to keep you from posting here?

It won't. Feel free to put me on ignore though.

www.tonystreks.com

I'll just put you on "Charlie Brown's Teacher's Voice"

Perfect.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dude, everybody loves cocaine. Only a few can afford it.
    Not true, cocaine doesn't do it for me. Heroin on the other hand is a decadal indulgence no more because that shit is amazing. There is a lot of truth the the statement that "heroin is one hell of a drug."
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

spook Guest
    i loathe cocaine. but when your wingman is a 6'10" russian fighter in afghanistan retired with a plate in his head and running large amounts, you learn to love to loathe.

Spook's wingman is Ivan Drago ? Did you guys tag team Bridgitte Nielsen before she became a man ?

You fuckers are bringing me down.

I have to...go to the bathroom. Be right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

I have to...go to the bathroom. Be right back.

Dude?

edit: holy big picture batman

Y'know, I pretty much liked that movie, but it wasn't their best. IMO, YMMV, and all that.

For the rest of you, PHS wasn't in it.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i loathe cocaine. but when your wingman is a 6'10" russian fighter in afghanistan retired with a plate in his head and running large amounts, you learn to love to loathe.
    i like that movie.
    b

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Spook's wingman is Ivan Drago ? Did you guys tag team Bridgitte Nielsen before she became a man ?
    no, he was more like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rautahammas_James_Bondissa.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	149987

super nice, by the way, but scared the bejesus of people all over south america cuz he was so fucking huge. well, and ugly with the gold teeth and the plate in the head and all.
    Last edited by spook; 02-03-2014 at 10:27 PM.

spook Guest
    i liked hoffman but i quit watching movies right about the time he took off so i have only a general awareness that he was talented. but fuck, now he dies in his bathtub and it's just another hollywood ending.

never heard of the guy until he died

who the fuck cares about just another dead junkie?

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    never heard of the guy until he died

who the fuck cares about just another dead junkie?
    wow, you really are a stupid fucking hippy.
    fuck off.
    crab in my shoe mouth

we don't all have a posse down on broadway.
    b

That creepy pervy video is comedy gold.

Tonight
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Lot of good reporting unleashed after this death. The LA Times has been studying the new heroin market, and one of it's reporters was on PBS Newshour last night. Basic message is that this is almost exclusively a white issue, mostly middle to upper middle class, and the heroin sellers are undercutting expensive prescription opiates and painkillers that many are addicted to.