Page 378 of 643 FirstFirst ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 16056
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I mentioned that the Fed having a 4% inflation target instead of the current 2% could be beneficial, but it’s not something I’d plan around.

Fed hasn’t ever said anything about changing from their current target, and as of today the market is pricing in average inflation of 2.28% over the next 5 years.
    Ok, sure. It's obvious that inflation means debt can be paid with cheaper dollars, so I see the advantage.

What would you recommend for that average saver do to preserve their value? How to keep pace?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Ok, sure. It's obvious that inflation means debt can be paid with cheaper dollars, so I see the advantage.

What would you recommend for that average saver do to preserve their value? How to keep pace?
    I’m not an expert investor, really much more interested in macroeconomics, so you probably shouldn’t take advice from me on that.

Personnally, I have emergency savings in cash, all other investments are in index funds, almost all stock, very little bonds, because I don’t panic about the volatility, and I still have a long timeframe to hold them.

Thanks. But don't worry about me taking advice, I'm just curious about others' point of view. I've made my choice, home is secure and obv I believe in bitcoin's future.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Same as it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Why is Ethereum getting pummeled? Pharma bro doesn't like?
    There was a block re-org on the new POS beacon chain which may have invited some panic. Some fund redemptions and liquidations added to the selling as well.

https://twitter.com/krugermacro/stat...B7muMGg8w&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Just got around to watching this - love the confidence of Do! Strong buy. Sign me up. Can’t fail.

Also love the “the feds are printing so much money this is unsustainable!” and in the next breath “park your money in this project for sustainable 20% returns!”

I always skip the ads so yeah, wasn't paying attention to that. Having 5% physical gold in your overall makes sense.
    Why though?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4AF129E-D3C7-4A67-8441-2604D824DFCF.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	379.5 KB 
ID:	417517

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16DFF631-A9AF-4D4C-ABFA-F2E8D82B3EA8.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	417518

My feeling is that if it comes to the point where I need to rely on physical gold for anything, the world is probably so fucked up that there’s very little odds that I could make use of gold, or not have it stolen from me. Seems more akin to prepper stuff, and I’m not building and sticking a bunker either.

(Fun tool to play around with, depending on your definition of fun:
    https://inflationchart.com/spxtr-in-...thmic=1&zero=1 )

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Why though?

My feeling is that if it comes to the point where I need to rely on physical gold for anything, the world is probably so fucked up that there’s very little odds that I could make use of gold, or not have it stolen from me. Seems more akin to prepper stuff, and I’m not building and sticking a bunker either.

(Fun tool to play around with, depending on your definition of fun:
    https://inflationchart.com/spxtr-in-...thmic=1&zero=1 )
    physical gold, jewels, fine art, fine violins, are portable GTFO assets. I kinda agree that if the USA the world might be ending, but there are cases where it might not be, and the smuggler offers “your money or your life” while the other choice is “your money and your life”

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    RooR and Lee, thank you for the responses. Thoughts - 1) doesn't real estate seem a little high at the moment? 2) Are reits as good as homes? 3) Profitable companies that produce dividends, seems like that could be quantified and screened by a normal person (not a financial guru) or maybe some dividend type etf? 4) Other things you mentioned don't seem reasonable for the average person, like covered calls and such?
    yes
    yes
    yes
    no

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    physical gold, jewels, fine art, fine violins, are portable GTFO assets. I kinda agree that if the USA the world might be ending, but there are cases where it might not be, and the smuggler offers “your money or your life” while the other choice is “your money and your life”
    So, question: are ‘physical gold’ people actually storing gold bullion in there basement, or are they just investing in gold? Seems like it would be mostly the later? How useful is that in the GTFO situation?

Physical.metal stored in an insured storage.unit. I wouldn't keep it in my home.

Physical.metal stored in an insured storage.unit. I wouldn't keep it in my home.
    not your home not your gold

Yeah… I ain’t doing that.

Pussy.

Pussy.
    If you trust that why not just use a gold etf?

Man... that's full on tinfoil hat shit.

NTTAWWT.

Having a few grand in physical metal is tin foil hat shit? Yeah ok. people have 100's of g's in physical

You just worry about making the minimum payments on your maxed out cc

Having a few grand in physical metal is tin foil hat shit? Yeah ok. people have 100's of g's in physical

You just worry about making the minimum payments on your maxed out cc
    largest gold market is India. Poor, unbanked peasants keep gold. When times are tough they sell it. So many have the spot shop market was/is pretty efficient. Great thing to emulate

A solid foundation for investing. I wish I could write some code and suck some money in.

Welcome to Goblin Town. That's the name given to a precipitous crash by crypto investors, and based on a recent Twitter Spaces that saw crypto people roleplay as goblins—incoherent gurgling and goblin-speak included—that's exactly where crypto is right now.

"Let's eat, eaaaaat," crypto investors said in a recording of a Twitter Space that went viral, before devolving into guttural yelps as one person tries to speak normally in the background. The Space was called "aaaaaaauuuuuGGGhhhh," and went on for two full hours once the goblins got going.

https://www-vice-com.cdn.ampproject....www.google.com

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

—————-

Celsius is under fud attack at the moment, mostly from competitors like Swan. But here's something else I was wondering about, kinda claiming that Celsius was responsible at least in part for UST downfall:

Two wallet addresses “significantly impacted the UST de-peg,” Nansen said, and one of them was associated with Celsius. The two addresses withdrew about 420 million UST from Anchor via 15 transactions, and they were the top wallets that used the Wormhole bridge to withdraw the funds into Ethereum at the time, Nansen said. Celsius was also “a close counterparty that has sent and received funds” from another wallet whose activities led to the de-pegging, Nansen said.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-nansen-says
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    We always knew he was short, but he doesn't even have the balls to short it.
    I was just laughing at the comedic back-and-forth, you guys are great!~

Peak Irrationality? A New Clone Of The Failed TerraUSD Stablecoin Has Surpassed $550 Million In Market Cap

https://www.forbes.com/sites/omkargo...h=5fff66507b92

I guess by even mentioning this I'm shilling it. But Luna shills get a pass so I think I'm ok.

Strong buy. This is financial advice.

This actually makes me laugh so much. If your momma names you Do, well, then I suppose you have to run with it, right?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I'm selling everything and sinking it all into Tron. W 100x leverage. Thx Benny. Appreciate the sound financial advice!