Page 237 of 640 FirstFirst ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 15989
    Early on I made myself a promise that I would never ever sell BTC. Everything else is game though.

And USDC > USDT.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

i use the coinbase card earning btc on every transaction.
    How much you averaging on BTC% back?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Early on I made myself a promise that I would never ever sell BTC. Everything else is game though.

And USDC > USDT.
    I'm a Winkle-bucks guy myself, rn. haha

1% back in btc w coinbase, but i'll take it over the 1.5% cash w my chase card.

i hear you on not selling btc, but converting to stablecoin to rebuy more btc is my plan. only really one more time though, then its hodl.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    1% back in btc w coinbase, but i'll take it over the 1.5% cash w my chase card.

i hear you on not selling btc, but converting to stablecoin to rebuy more btc is my plan. only really one more time though, then its hodl.
    You should try the fold card. Been putting everything on it and crushing it. Averaging way over 2% BTC back, and that's before BTC price increases. And they are about to have Pokemon style sats lol! They posted about it a while ago, but the first notification just appeared in the app today. Name:  Screenshot_20211015-214125~2.jpeg
Views: 257
Size:  31.3 KB

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Congratulations holders. I'm still 70/30 BTC/ETH via ETFs. Own Riot and Hut as miners and sell covered calls against them for income

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Meanwhile the El Salvadoran scheme looks to be murky as hell, naturally.
    Bitcoin doesn't work as a business payments rail. 93% of El Salvadoran companies are reporting no bitcoin payments because while Salvadoran's have joined the Chivo network, a centralized payment processor, for the $30 incentive they still prefer USD:

Only a fraction of the Central American nation's businesses have taken a bitcoin payment and technical problems have plagued the government's cryptocurrency app, frustrating even committed users of the technology.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/o...st-2021-10-07/

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I don't think he is a Troll, he is a True Believer and nothing will change that. Best of luck to him.
    Agreed troll is the wrong framing. Kayfabe is better. It's like marketing a gambling product. The game administrators or early entrants have a big incentive to lie about the true nature of the product and describe it as an investment, since that draws in new players prolonging the game and enriching the early birds.

Kinda sums up my experience with this thread.
    Pop in for advice from the experts. Nada from anyone other than Shera. Then when things blow up, people start talking about what the smart people were doing when I asked for advice. Hindsight is 20/20. It’s also really easy to predict the past.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Hey! Not financial advice! I am only sharing what I'm doing, my point of view.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Seems El Salvadorans are transition to bitcoin: https://cointelegraph.com/news/salva...to-buy-bitcoin
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Pop in for advice from the experts. Nada from anyone other than Shera. Then when things blow up, people start talking about what the smart people were doing when I asked for advice. Hindsight is 20/20. It’s also really easy to predict the past.

Not an expert and not financial advice…. I’ve been buying ADA. I’m hodling ETH until at least February to then skim off the top and pay for a ski trip. Don’t lose focus on the important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Not sure who the "experts" are, but if you're referring to me, I'm def not one. However, I think my general advice has been pretty clear. Dollar cost average BTC and hold that shit as long as you can. Maybe consider getting some big market cap alts (ETH, DOT, SOL, etc. ) if you have a high risk tolerance and want to go after higher potential gains. Don't buy dog coins. Other than that, DYOR. If you're trying to get specific advice about when to catch the tops and bottoms from a ski forum, maybe rethink your investment strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

Agreed troll is the wrong framing. Kayfabe is better. It's like marketing a gambling product. The game administrators or early entrants have a big incentive to lie about the true nature of the product and describe it as an investment, since that draws in new players prolonging the game and enriching the early birds.
    Hey man, the cyrpto markets are tough. If people can't handle it, maybe they should just play it safe and stick to stonks.

https://twitter.com/Domsavides/statu...85834259435522

I concur on the vest sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Congratulations holders. I'm still 70/30 BTC/ETH via ETFs. Own Riot and Hut as miners and sell covered calls against them for income
    I'm so envious of your saavy (and resources) while I muddle along, hahaha. If only I could do that "cash and carry" thing, with guaranteed returns - that seems terribly clever.

Good luck with riot! Do either of your mining operations have facilities near you, BC hydro? My operation is right under my feet.

The new ETFs here in the USA have me wondering if there will be a "sell the news" event this week. I have buys starting below 50k, down to to 36. Very curious how this will all play out. Both CME and Bakkt caused the market to dump. What is your thought on that LeeLau?
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Do either of your mining operations have facilities near you, BC hydro?
    Due to Quebec curtailing the amount of hydro Bitcoin miners are allowed, Canadian miners are increasingly relying on fossil fuels from Alberta. Ever since China banned BTC mining the industry as whole has become increasingly dependent of fossil fuels from North America in the quest for cheap energy. So while Riot uses more renewables than their competitors, including hydro, Riot's costs per coin are much higher. It costs them somewhere in the neighborhood of $15-to-$20K per versus $6-to-$7,000 per for fossil fuel miners.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Hey man, the cyrpto markets are tough. If people can't handle it, maybe they should just play it safe and stick to stonks.

https://twitter.com/Domsavides/statu...85834259435522
    Don’t trust grown men in vests is good advice. Although some of those same men are saying the same things about Bitcoin. Speaking of, there were even some people here saying they were never selling some of the stonks below during the pump earlier this year.

Meme Stock % Below 52-Week High:
    • Tootsie Roll TR: -47%
    • BeyondMeat BYND: -53%
    • AMC AMC: -55%
    • Fossil FOSL: -58%
    • Virgin Galactic SPCE: -62%
    • GameStop GME: -66%
    • Express EXPR: -67%
    • Blackberry BB: -67%
    • Bed Bath & Beyond BBBY: -71%
    • New Concept Energy GBR: -87%
    • Koss KOSS: -88%

So funny how you always present extrema and play it off as norm. Cute trick.

For instance, the 52 week high is an inflection point. A tail fraction of people actually have that cost basis. I'm up about 10x on GME. It is boring now without the volatility, I admit. Still up a ludicrous amount from a year ago. It was like $14 a year ago and now it's $183.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    So funny how you always present extrema and play it off as norm. Cute trick.

For instance, the 52 week high is an inflection point. A tail fraction of people actually have that cost basis. I'm up about 10x on GME. It is boring now without the volatility, I admit. Still up a ludicrous amount from a year ago. It was like $14 a year ago and now it's $183.
    Where's the trick? After all you yourself say GME is "still up a ludicrous amount from a year ago." If you're claiming I always "present extrema" (can you even provide another example?) aren't you saying something similar i.e. a "ludicrous amount"?

As far as "A tail fraction of people actually have that cost basis," that's sort of the point: It's like marketing a gambling product. The game administrators or early entrants have a big incentive to lie about the true nature of the product and describe it as an investment, since that draws in new players prolonging the game and enriching the early birds.

I'm not necessarily saying this is a bad thing, just that like meme stocks absent long term value all participants should be fully aware of the game they're participating in. The game has always existed, it will always exist. Whether it's r/wallstreetbets or laser eyes, a lot of the people saying they're never selling are in fact selling.

I'm always selling.
    Henry David Thoreau

Shera to your question

I have RIOT due to inertia and because I wanted the #1 miner from the POV of hash rate. MARA has now surpassed them. Due to tax reasons I don't want to rotate from Riot to Mara and am still happy with the 380% gain + approx 40% covered call returns. I do still appreciate that they own their own mining operation (Whitstone) for a bit more security of operations. Their margins aren't improving as well as I'd like so I'll be watching their next quarter. Like many others I'm not stoked about their latest ATM 600m share offering but since I view that as issuing shares for fiat so they can either buy or hold crypto I suspect I'll be OK in the longer term.

HUT I bought due to their operational discipline. I bought more on their $8 offering and price dive. My RIOT position is however 10x my HUT size

I would consider also buying BITF. They have a good ESG edge due to their mines having Hydro Quebec power contracts which gives them a bit of distinction. However their new Argentina operation is fossil fuel which then sets them back. Their opex is quite low.

As for ETFs. That is bullish. It adds legitimacy. It allowed thousands of Canadians (I am one of them) to put potential multi bagger crypto yolo plays into tax deferred accounts.

Highest BTC weekly close ever. Probably nothing.

Highest BTC weekly close ever. Probably nothing.

There’s a term out there for the tone of your posts. Whatever it is it’s not complimentary or anything to be proud of. It’s not shared by the other BTC holders in here. Maybe give it a rest?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    There’s a term out there for the tone of your posts. Whatever it is it’s not complimentary or anything to be proud of. It’s not shared by the other BTC holders in here. Maybe give it a rest?
    +100, bennymac is right. No one is shitting on you, man. We're all stoked here. Good vibes all around.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    People call me a cult member and scammer all the time for investing my own hard-earned fucking money how I want. They laughed at us a few months ago as the charts ran red with blood and told us BTC was going to zero. Those of us with conviction who bought the fucking dip are ready for the second half of the bull run. And I'm the one that needs to change my tone for noting some pertinent technical analysis? Listen to yourself man. Get a grip. This is the mother fucking BTC thread.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

People call me a cult member and scammer all the time for investing my own hard-earned fucking money how I want.
    That isn’t why.

People don’t talk about their investments the way that you talk about BTC. They don’t talk about things they buy with their hard-earned fucking money the way you talk about BTC. They don’t even talk about their kids the way you talk about BTC.

The only real analogy is religion and politics - those topics where logic isn’t really a part of the conversation and tribe is the most important thing. It’s weird and you’ll continue to get called out for it, even if it’s also occasionally entertaining. Nobody wants you to lose money or be unsuccessful, outside of hoping that maybe a hard turn will get you to turn down the hysteria a little bit.

BTC is demonstrably terrible for the environment and I have my doubts that it’s actually a boon to any economy that isn’t itself (though I don’t have high confidence that I won’t be proven wrong over time on that second point).
    focus.

Anybody been following Doge lately? Been rallying a bit here and there. Nothing as crazy as last spring, but still. It's not doing bad at all! Still like over 5x my initial investment. This stuff still perplexes me. Glad I just plopped some monopoly money into a few things and just sat tight to observe. I wonder if any of them can serve as any hedge against the runaway inflation the dollar's seeing. Not that I trust BTC more than the USD, but the dollar's not proving to be THAT much better. People get mad at Elon Musk for manipulating things with a tweet, but doesn't seem that much different than the manipulation we've seen from the Feds lately. Haha.

Maybe I should just put it all into pork bellies!
    Last edited by MontuckyFried; 10-18-2021 at 08:39 AM.