Page 151 of 169 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4203
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Bernie Madoff
    Died April 14, 2021 (aged 82)

$COIN-cidence?
    It must be going to zero now.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    It must be going to zero now.
    There's not enough boomers posting CRYPTO IS A SCAM WAAAAGGFHHHH for it to go to zero yet

Heh, look at all pitiful weak hands coins from 2013. Only the top three plus MontuckyFried's literal joke coin, now worth billions, are alive and kicking:

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20131215/

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Heh, look at all pitiful weak hands coins from 2013. Only the top three plus MontuckyFried's literal joke coin, now worth billions, are alive and kicking:

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20131215/
    Good to see you're not biting on my trolling and retain a sense of humour about this. The link you posted is why I remain focused on BTC as the big dog survivor

Not Bitcoin, but crypto...

Keep seeing ads for BlockFi. 8% interest sounds pretty good for stablecoins pegged to the dollar. What's the catch?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Good to see you're not biting on my trolling and retain a sense of humour about this. The link you posted is why I remain focused on BTC as the big dog survivor
    Yeah, I agree. Lots of people are like, "BTC is not scarce, you can just make more crypto" without understanding its fundamentals. So that history lesson is actually a pretty strong argument in favor of BTC.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Gary Gensler, who lectured on BTC at MIT, confirmed as new SEC chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Not Bitcoin, but crypto...

Keep seeing ads for BlockFi. 8% interest sounds pretty good for stablecoins pegged to the dollar. What's the catch?
    The only catch is that you have to be able to live with the uncertainty of what they are using your staked funds for. There is a lot more on the liquidity provider side than the borrowing side. I have no idea how they make up the difference. Other than that, none except you are giving them your coins.

Name:  e2ug8kpg9ct61.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  32.4 KB

Is that actually true?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman
    One in the bush is better than two in the hand ―PG
    What cannot be settled by skiing is not worth debating ―Mike Alder.
    During a nuclear explosion, there is a certain radius where all frozen pizza will be cooked perfectly. ― Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Name:  e2ug8kpg9ct61.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  32.4 KB

Is that actually true?
    Well shit, it's definitely going to zero now!

Even Mr. Axis of Evil himself knows that this is BS.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status...821130755?s=19

Rolling 12 month inflation in Argentina over 40%.

https://money.usnews.com/investing/n...ace-since-2019

My Argentinian friend had his life changed by BTC and is so thankful to not be completely fucked by his government. But go on, upper middle class boomers, about how crypto is the devil.

no one said "crypto is the devil" - quit saying shit like that it's annoying as fuck

There have been so many ad hominim attacks since the short time I have been following this thread, unreal.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Even Mr. Axis of Evil himself knows that this is BS.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status...821130755?s=19

What are the real numbers then?

Just to fuck with the world, Russia decides to spread a SolarWinds style hack against crypto. What are the effects? How does crypto recover? Does Jamie Dimon lose any money?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman
    One in the bush is better than two in the hand ―PG
    What cannot be settled by skiing is not worth debating ―Mike Alder.
    During a nuclear explosion, there is a certain radius where all frozen pizza will be cooked perfectly. ― Unknown

China built a ton of hydro as job creation projects, and invested a ton of money in solar research and production as job creation projects, then crypto showed up, thus China makes up a big part of the current mining population.

I think investments in renewable energy sources were making it cheaper long before mining got expensive enough to require serious power (https://ourworldindata.org/cheap-renewables-growth).

I don't see a way for governments to ban crypto, outside of taxing it, thus the attractiveness of it. It's not like they're going to stop people from exchanging paper wallets.

All I know is, my Dogecoin is up like 86% since I bought yesterday. Too bad I'm not brave enough to send it and put real money in it.

Y’all argue about Bitcoin all you want, meanwhile Dogecoin is at .33 up from being almost worthless. Literally a joke with nothing backing it up. I hope people get rich off this thing just because.

Hooooleeeeeeeee sheeeeeeet. My Dogecoin just hit $0.33!!! This has to crater at some point, right? It's been fun as hell to watch, but it can't really last, can it? Either way, I'm along for the ride. Shoulda bought more. A buttload more. Oh well. Still cheap point of entry.

Reddit helping to drive this one too? What a crazy world right now. I love how it's so non-traditional and random.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Dude, the US and EU are not banning BTC. It's way too late. The cat's out of the bag.

Why not?
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Why not?
    Well for one, when you can literally hold all your funds in a hardware crypto wallet, then "banning" crypto's gonna be about as effective as banning any other kind of contraband or illegal item.

Imagine having millions of dollars worth of an asset on what amounts to basically an encrypted thumb drive and only YOU have the keys to it. In your head. Speaking of which, I need to pick up one of those Ledger Nanos or Trezors. Anybody here know anything about them?

This has probably been addressed, so apologies.

The thing that confuses me is why Bitcoin is inherently more valuable than any other blockchain variant out there or created in the future? I understand it has brand recognition at the moment.

I see how blockchain the technology is valuable across many different applications, but I don’t get why BC is more valuable than DogeCoin or VisaCoin or FEDCoin.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    This has probably been addressed, so apologies.

The thing that confuses me is why Bitcoin is inherently more valuable than any other blockchain variant out there or created in the future? I understand it has brand recognition at the moment.
    Institutional buyin. Ie Full faith and Credit