Page 382 of 645 FirstFirst ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 16105
    I don't think I, shera, stale have ever indicated anything like that.

I view BTC as a natural evolution of computers. An independent parallel emerging system. What happens? Noone really knows. But it's fairly rational to predict software will continue to eat the world, and a store of value native to the www will continue to strengthen and evolve. Buy and hold some. You or your children will be glad you did i predict.

Since all the haters in this thread seem to be fucking eighty, think about how pimp your legacy is going to look if/when BTC continues to succeed.

Long after you're dirt napping they'll be talking about what a gangster gramps was. That's worth a small gamble now imo.

My Maine problem with Bitcoin is that it's more than wiped out renewable energy gains worldwide, hastening climate change for the benefit of the greedy few.
    Also the protocol sucks balls, but that's more a tech nitpick.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Since all the haters in this thread seem to be fucking eighty…
    Close. Only off by a factor of two!

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    My Maine problem with Bitcoin is that it's more than wiped out renewable energy gains worldwide, hastening climate change for the benefit of the greedy few.
    My Maine problem is Susan Collins, but we all have our own priorities.

So the fiat system is roses and hippy water? Or millennia of wars, blood, destruction?

Fiat literally means force. Use this because I'm telling you to.

Humans are unimportant. I'm w George Carlin. The world will be fine. We are fucked

So the fiat system is roses and hippy water? Or millennia of wars, blood, destruction?

Humans are unimportant. I'm w George Carlin. The world will be fine. We are fucked
    Did I say any of that? Do you honestly think a different method for storing value ends those things? Be real. Humans killed each other for shit before money and would gladly kill each other for crypto (Lord knows there's been a few crypto hucksters at least faking their own deaths to take off with the cash.
    Is Bitcoin or any other crypto remotely usable for normal transaction flow? No, gas fees and complexities prevent that.

As someone with kids, I prefer the world to be less fucked for humans long term.

Fiat literally means force.
    Like LITERALLY literally?

Cause it’s from Latin, meaning ‘let it be done’. It just means by decree, by legal order.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

The whataboutism in this thread is really something…

Just this thread though.

Yep. The thing is, byates proved the point perfectly - crypto folks just want them to be the rich ones, changing out one shitty, greedy group for a different one.

And they explicitly believe it’ll be a narrower, richer, shittier group of haves.

the notion that investing is about lifestyle is so fucking stupid. Investing is about making money - over a non immediate horizon. That can be tremendous work, or not, maybe a decent lifestyle, or not, but they ain’t the same at all

Yep. The thing is, byates proved the point perfectly - crypto folks just want them to be the rich ones, changing out one shitty, greedy group for a different one.
    I just mentioned buying BTC for your next generation. Do you need a link to an online reading comprehension course?

Long after you're dirt napping they'll be talking about what a gangster gramps was. That's worth a small gamble now imo.
    Buy and hold some. You or your children will be glad you did i predict.
    Impressive predictions coming from a guy living in his Van.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hey thx. You should sell your place to Mike, sell everything and try it out. You sound somewhat miserable on bs/Bozeman. What do you have to lose. Other than your misery

I just mentioned buying BTC for your next generation. Do you need a link to an online reading comprehension course?
    You just got done telling me the earth is fucked so who cares if BTC is fucking it further. Why would I ever support that?
    You have yet to refute a single point anyone ever makes on crypto, you just either rip out the whataboutism or talk about getting rich.

You just got done telling me the earth is fucked so who cares if BTC is fucking it further. Why would I ever support that?
    You have yet to refute a single point anyone ever makes on crypto, you just either rip out the whataboutism or talk about getting rich.
    Ouch, that had to hurt.

Hey thx. You should sell your place to Mike, sell everything and try it out. You sound somewhat miserable on bs/Bozeman. What do you have to lose. Other than your misery
    Thanks Freud, I don't think your advice on life is any more relevant than your financial advice,
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I could pay you 8$ an hr to ski around big sky and tell everyone how it used to be?

Where did I say the earth is fucked? Are you saying humans are all that matter?

Are you confused w regards to earth and humans? Of what real importance to the earth are humans?

You might want to get your head checked if you forgot something from earlier today.

I said the earth will be fine. You said I said the earth is fucked. Which I did not.

I said the earth will be fine. You said I said the earth is fucked. Which I did not.
    *Scene opens -byates surrounded by crypto enthusiast merch lit by the dim glow of his monitor*
    A smile crosses his lips as he licks his teeth.
    "Think you're smart eh? I'll show you."
    Typing ensues, followed by a mad cackle as he slams the enter key home.
    " Checkmate"
    He leans back, firing up the crack pipe emblazoned with a Bitcoin logo.
    *Fade to black*

Got me good on the technically correct there . Great job ace.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Where did I say the earth is fucked? Are you saying humans are all that matter?

Are you confused w regards to earth and humans? Of what real importance to the earth are humans?
    But see, you win on a technicality, debatable, but his point very much remains….

Which is all still validating the bullshit idea that BTC isn’t 100% about gettin’ yours and has to do with anything high minded. It’s still picking winners and losers, just with a system with no chance of ever doing it with any discernment or in pursuit of any kind of meaningful ideals or really even just any chance of driving the greatest overall wealth.

Bitcoin - fuck everybody else. TM
    focus.

Of what real importance to the earth are humans?
    And by extension, of what real importance are the abstract constructs we create to argue over and barter with, right?