Page 166 of 218 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5448
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Public sentiment only means shit for shitcoins.
    I couldn't disagree more. I've seen every single crypto drop and rise illogical amounts I believe largely on the reactions and backs of retail investors. I've seen many coins get added to an accessible site and add tens of billions in marketcap overnight. I have my doubts the amount of volume and price action on MATIC or ADA is much related to institutional money. These large amounts of "shitcoin" investments would move prices for BTC and ETH if they were chosen instead. They may be responding to some guiding hand or large force that signals fears or hopes and takes advantage of that, but it feels hard to believe such a volatile market capable of being moved drastically by fake news and nothingness could ever be so detached from retail sentiment. Was it institutional investors that bought BTC at 20K and NEO at $196 at a ludicrous pace in 2017/18 and then took a wash? If not, is this market THAT different?

Was there a time that retail sentiment ever mattered to Bitcoin? When did that stop? Is there really so much more institutional money in vs huge mining entities vs existing/new retail that "institutions" now control the price?

I still contend that there is no need to disrupt the natural flow of how public perception affects these prices. They already work very well for those with leverage.
    Last edited by Shaaarrrp; 05-12-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Just look at all the 'stack those sats' 'SatsArmy' 'sats the best crypto out there!' chatter from bitcoiners. Pushing BTC denominated in 'sats' came out of a coordinated effort among the bitcoin community to pull in more retail investors otherwise thought to be put off by the high price. Retail sentiment clearly matters, enough to change the messaging.

Note: Sats is short for Satoshis, the smallest unit of bitcoin (BTC). One Satoshi (sat) is equal to 0.00000001 BTC (one hundred millionth of a bitcoin)

My kid is into bitcoin, I’m pretty ambivalent on it. But, this is interesting and apparently Elon agrees with some opinions in this thread.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/elon...purchases.html

FKNA Wario

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Elon just dropped a bomb on crypto... glad I sold almost everything this morning.

(Ready to buy the dip)
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-12-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

BagHodler here but am hoping to start dipping into ETHH.u .... an Ethereum ETF

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    My kid is into bitcoin, I’m pretty ambivalent on it. But, this is interesting and apparently Elon agrees with some opinions in this thread.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/elon...purchases.html
    Looks like stalefish needs to explain to Elon that this mining energy thing is no biggie

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Looks like stalefish needs to explain to Elon that this mining energy thing is no biggie
    To be honest, like most people in the crytpo space, I'm pretty dumbfounded by the behavior. I don't know how you buy 1.5 billion dollars worth of something and then change your position a few months later based upon one of the most well-known bear cases. Will be interesting to hear more details in the coming days. Elon's tweet, and its timing while stonks were getting rekt, especially Tesla, was very very odd.

I still believe there is potential for BTC to facilitate green energy adoption, but admittedly, this is a surprise and a formidable headwind. However there are many people still deeply involved and invested in such a scenario.

Many people have been speculating that the ETH crowd would go all in on the BTC bad for planet narrative after ETH's switch to proof of stake. This seems all but certain now.

Today's BTC crash came at a very bad time TA wise. There have been many calls for 42k during the last few weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if price heads that direction, especially if stonks keep selling off. Hodling for now.

On a related note, one of my biggest moon bags had its biggest announcement ever yesterday. With Peter Thiel as one of its biggest investors, B1 announced the launch of a new cutting edge exchange. If could be what Robinhood promotes itself as, but isn't. Peculiarly Peter and Elon are both part of the PayPal Mafia. And Elon's statement today mentioned exploring greener cryptos. EOS has by far one of the greenest footprints via its delegated proof of stake consensus algorithm. B1 is also heavily invested in BTC mining with renewables.

https://block.one/news/launch-of-bullish-global/

I believe moves like these are overblown by most observers and should be completely expected. I have seen little in this perceived cycle that is surprising, if you believe in the narrative last time could rhyme in so many ways. Crypto has had many days like this and will have many more. It seems like as soon as there is some FUD like today's Tesla or energy news there will almost immediately be something mitigating like what we get from the Cuban. I would not buy into these news events as much as most people do-for btc in particular. If it's not energy, its regulations or crime or whatever. How many times have they stuck? Observe but don't make moves on most of this random nonsense.

I believe this market is irrational, fickle and highly controlled by emotions so red days will be very common and they will gain momentum easily. That said, people will develop the thirst for overpriced crypto and be paying multiples above their sell points again in no time. Just close your coinbase app and go outside for a bit til that happens.

Think smarter, not harder stu. Big money pushing price down to crush longs, buy, extract, and hold.

NFA, but dump some money in now and then post in _______ (pick a future time point).
    Poor poor traditional fi kids coming in and thinking they can run leverage like they do on the stock market. They get rammed up the ass.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linke...on-liquidation

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    BagHodler here but am hoping to start dipping into ETHH.u .... an Ethereum ETF
    That is redonk. Why would you buy an ETF when you can hold the magical fake coins yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Looks like you think that bitcoiners really give a shit. Even though they pump out the antifud pointing to the ludicris amount of energy which supports centralized traditional finance. I don't GAF and I don't recycle either. Not like I have a choice like when I was composting back in college in new england.

Mark it a zero: "Bitcoin ATH in one month or less".

Mark it.

Mark it a zero: "Bitcoin ATH in one month or less".

Mark it.
    Ok, I am marking it.

I got several btc buy orders filled, from both fiat in the 46k region and eth/btc. My btc bag is filling up. I have further buy orders down to 40k.

I guess Elon is good for volatility and that's good for profits.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Mircat: I wish I had more to I don't. This is a redock buy. I just don't have anything. I wish. Now would be so hudge.

Just watch BTC, it's hilarious. Tomorrow. BRRRR. Seriously. People think it's not, but chart that. Stay up top. I wish I made more money to play, but I can't because I don't. NFA. Can I borrows, I never, but, seriously? BTC at that? C'mon. You will never see this again. Mark it.

Play with the big boys or just die with your pets.

You fucking morans, fill at anything at 50. IDIOTS.

Let me give you a basic school house:

Chart all in BTC. If your alts are crushing then take profit and btc. GTFO. Build the stack. I have a box, in a safe place, with my seed phrase, that says, NEVER SELL BTC. Hmm. Stack the anythings and pump a couple decimals for taco coin. AKA your retirement.

I am sad. I don't have cash to put in right now. It bumbs me out. But, otay. I can sit on the sidelines and be happy. Jeebus. Wow. What an opportunity.

I think I am kinda smart. I've never sold a cryp. I have only pushed in or slided sideways. Never from eth or btc. Never. It's anti my plan.

It's long, verry verry long. And I don't give a fuck, but I can tell you one thing is that I fucking hate cheeze dip wtf is all that orange shit. I want green chile.

But, I do like sticking my dick in cray. And, we shall see. Mark my words.

Let me distill this: It's like eating pussy that tastes like the sweetest juice from a strawberry. And then, licking your finger, and then, waking up and putting that into the spank bank after you just made a woman quiver so hard it was a contest on how hard your dick was.

Know what I'm sayin? Cray. Ledger that oooooO. Yas I do follow the markets all the time, but I'm an investor, not a trader. This is financial advice. Don't put your fucking money on the $TRG.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 05-13-2021 at 04:15 AM.

If you aren't, then you are not a person that goes to the thrify shop and finds a bag or a camera that is, um, yeah.

In for one coin. I just want to yell HODL with the rest of you noodleheads.

And no, donít send me the latest white paper because I really donít care.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

That is redonk. Why would you buy an ETF when you can hold the magical fake coins yourself?
    Mitigates regulatory risk due to Canadian regulations. Tax deferred accounts can hold ETFs

So how long before someone launches GreenCoin? Only mined using renewable energy sources. ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So how long before someone launches GreenCoin? Only mined using renewable energy sources. ;-)
    There are several already out. I think EOS has been a sleeping giant. They just announced giant new exchange 2 days ago with headliner investor Peter Thiel, have a partnership with Google Cloud, and have the largest private treasury of BTC (they have more than microstrategy, Tesla, and Coinbase combined).

https://twitter.com/BrendanBlumer/st...375458305?s=19

https://eosauthority.com/green/

So how long before someone launches GreenCoin? Only mined using renewable energy sources.
    Why bother with mining at all? Focusing on emissions instead of efficiency might razzle-dazzle people who don't understand energy markets⁠—but relying on something that scales inversely with power usage doesn't makes sense if the goal is widespread adoption, not just storytelling.

Just a google...I don't know shit, so don't debate me personally on this...

https://www.leafscore.com/blog/the-9...cies-for-2021/

I disagree somewhat with what people say about BTC being such a safe haven compared to altcoins or Ethereum in this market. I often hear my friends say that BTC is a clear return winner but then it is so easy to find another entry point where it's so clearly not the winner. I also think it is a given that altcoins will rise vs bitcoin substantially in a mania driven market which I believe is inevitable.

The above in no way really should affect your trading if you are actually long term. I hold BTC more for that. I just get the impression so many people trade daily or short terms and convince themselves they are longs. If someone were truly long, would they worry for one second about a daily price change we've seen a thousand times? For what I believe is about to play out over the remainder of the year, I am long on altcoins with a plan to exit into fiat as the party feels truly manic. I assume everycoin will be flying around that point and will all be available at big discounts soon after. I am prepared for every coin to languish for months between highs during this process.

How could mania not be given in such an ignorant and greedy market? The people who drive mania prices are retail investors and today's new breed are just as ignorant as 2017, maybe more.