Page 161 of 650 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 16239
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I spend my dollars with my fold Visa debit card and get BTC back for saving. But you do you.

https://foldapp.comand get BTC

https://howmuch.net/articles/rise-and-fall-dollar

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    What %back are you seeing? that site is very eager to tell me I can spin a wheel and get up to 25% back, but they're careful to avoid specifying what rate I would actually get back.

https://foldapp.com/fold-card-plans

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    What %back are you seeing? that site is very eager to tell me I can spin a wheel and get up to 25% back, but they're careful to avoid specifying what rate I would actually get back.

https://foldapp.com/fold-card-plans
    There are no flat rewards but most people are reporting 3-5% back. I'm closer to 5 than 3 and getting rewards from big purchases like my rent which BOA certainly wasn't giving me.

BlockFi is coming out with 1.5% BTC flat back. On wait-list. Maybe some people have one already.

Mentioned earlier in this thread was crypto innovation around real-time settlement. Real-time settlement is now possible with fiat through the Zelle payment network:

"$106 billion was sent through the Zelle Network® on 392 million transactions during Q1 2021. Year-over-year sent payment values increased by 74%, while payment transactions increased by 61%. Zelle® Small Business continues to be one of the fastest growth areas for the Zelle Network®, with transactions increasing 180% year-over-year."

So far the Fintechs have out-innovated crypto in the financial services game while crypto continues to win out in the social engineering game.

https://www.earlywarning.com/press-r...-first-quarter

Ray Dalio's CFO leaves to work on Bitcoin. Probably nothing.

https://twitter.com/NYDIG_BTC/status...546983938?s=19

Oooooh, aaaahh, ooooh. This reminds me of another reason I am buying COIN, the integration of the crypto space with USA trad - here's an article about them hiring a former sec director: https://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-sn...public-listing

But I am really here to do the linky dance, another ath, I believe. I initially missed the boat because of pepe and marines and other obnoxiousness, but I have fallen down the rabbit hole. The more I read and learn, the more I get deeply excited. The 2.0 white paper is all about generalization and integration with trad. It is the way.

Cross-pollination = hybrid vigor!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Oooooh, aaaahh, ooooh. This reminds me of another reason I am buying COIN, the integration of the crypto space with USA trad - here's an article about them hiring a former sec director: https://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-sn...public-listing

But I am really here to do the linky dance, another ath, I believe. I initially missed the boat because of pepe and marines and other obnoxiousness, but I have fallen down the rabbit hole. The more I read and learn, the more I get deeply excited. The 2.0 white paper is all about generalization and integration with trad. It is the way.

Cross-pollination = hybrid vigor!
    Yep. And of course Giancarlo to BlockFi board and Brian Brooks to CEO of Binance US.

Hodling my link long-term and using it to rack up interest on BlockFi.

Haven't touched COIN yet. But it does look better at recent prices.

I have half my assets on coinbase and half on celsius, celsius earns interest of course. I bought like $500 of their token and it turned into $3k, but I don't care about it at all. I do care about risk and am starting to think about adding another location, maybe the good ole cold storage. But I wonder what you think about the fact that these interest bearing agencies are lending out your assets for the purpose of shorting?

As far as COIN, just don't forget that they have actual revenue, and a lot of it! Unlike other early venture type opportunities, amiright? And they are absolutely hand in hand with USA powers that be and USDC is pretty much the test case (or actual?) of the US digital dollar. I can't speak to the price, there is no chart history for TA, so my plan is just to work into it carefully.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I have half my assets on coinbase and half on celsius, celsius earns interest of course. I bought like $500 of their token and it turned into $3k, but I don't care about it at all. I do care about risk and am starting to think about adding another location, maybe the good ole cold storage. But I wonder what you think about the fact that these interest bearing agencies are lending out your assets for the purpose of shorting?

As far as COIN, just don't forget that they have actual revenue, and a lot of it! Unlike other early venture type opportunities, amiright? And they are absolutely hand in hand with USA powers that be and USDC is pretty much the test case (or actual?) of the US digital dollar. I can't speak to the price, there is no chart history for TA, so my plan is just to work into it carefully.
    After the bull run picked up steam last year I decided to spread out my risk. I considered Celsius but went with BlockFi mostly because I could get interest in BTC rather than CEL. Sure, some of their loans go to shorting, but I think long-term BlockFi is interested in Number Go Up.

Hey here's something for your Friday night: https://www.netflix.com/title/80154285

Seems a couple of years behind the eight ball (so far), but let's see how it unfolds...
    Henry David Thoreau

A 2016 Netflix series about laundering stolen money with cryptocurrency? They should have called it Bitcoin Fog:

Feds Arrest an Alleged $336M Bitcoin-Laundering Kingpin

US authorities arrested Roman Sterlingov in Los Angeles, according to court records, and charged him with laundering more than 1.2 million bitcoins—worth $336 million at the times of the payments—over the 10 years that he allegedly ran Bitcoin Fog. According to the IRS criminal investigations division, Sterlingov, a citizen of Russia and Sweden, allowed users to blend their transactions with those of others to prevent anyone examining the Bitcoin blockchain from tracing any individual's payments. He took commissions on those transactions of 2 to 2.5 percent.

https://www.wired.com/story/bitcoin-...rrency-arrest/

Ha, yeah it seemed so out of the loop...
    Henry David Thoreau

Sounds like an operations guy who's having a mid-life crisis.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Sounds like an operations guy who's having a mid-life crisis.
    It's very peculiar that on his LinkedIn it says before he was CFO of Bridgewater, the world's largest hedge fund, he was CFO of a private equity fund focused on renewable energy. Seems very odd that he is now going to work with Ross Stevens at NYDIG who has stressed the importance of clean energy for BTC mining and currently has a Bitcoin ETF application in with partner Morgan Stanley. This seems very much at odds with the BTC is going to boil the oceans theory that bears like to push in this thread.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-dalby-b7a8401

Going to boil the oceans? Who said that? People here have pointed out Bitcoin mining consumes an enormous amount of coal and other fossil fuels. More than entire countries. And it's getting worse. Bitcoin miners have begun reopening aging coal and gas plants around the country.

To make matters worse they lie about it. Of course they don’t really care but they are being forced to pretend and are pushing a clean energy narrative because that’s the next social engineering battleground for Bitcoin.

It's very peculiar that on his LinkedIn it says before he was CFO of Bridgewater, the world's largest hedge fund, he was CFO of a private equity fund focused on renewable energy. Seems very odd that he is now going to work with Ross Stevens at NYDIG who has stressed the importance of clean energy for BTC mining and currently has a Bitcoin ETF application in with partner Morgan Stanley. This seems very much at odds with the BTC is going to boil the oceans theory that bears like to push in this thread.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-dalby-b7a8401

I’d be more impressed if NYDIG hired the head of Bridgewater’s IT dept. The CFO is Bob from accounting.

I’m so glad I got all out of the finance biz. When the tech dorks have figured out how to rip everyone off the fun is over.

What’s next? The SEC handing out wedgy fines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I’m so glad I got all out of the finance biz. When the tech dorks have figured out how to rip everyone off the fun is over.

What’s next? The SEC handing out wedgy fines?

You realize the tech dorks accomplished that over 20 years ago right?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Well, since I was there twenty years ago I would say the men and women who were real risk takers used quants to validate their efforts to rip off faces by having them create models that no one could understand.

At the shops I worked, a lot of those quants were Chinese and Russian space program folks that thought $100k was a ton of money. Now the quants have cut out the people who at least understood the risks from a human perspective cuz they had to convince their C level bosses and risk teams.

Now it’s all black box voodoo that’s way too complex to even try and explain to others that aren’t also high level tech savvy.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    I’d be more impressed if NYDIG hired the head of Bridgewater’s IT dept. The CFO is Bob from accounting.
    If the CFO is Bob from accounting, the CIO is Nick Burns from IT. Same shit, different department. The point remains valid, though. These are the guys keeping the company running: making sure everybody gets paid and that the servers are backed up. They may or may not be visionaries in whatever field their firm is participating in; they certainly don’t have to be.
    focus.

Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway, the show where everything is made up and the points don't matter!

I think it is impossible to value stocks according to age old valuation practices because the float ain't real and EPS is a made up number. It's any number the hedgies choose it to be so they pick the price. I guess that can happen to bitcoin as soon as there are ETFs for the hedgies to naked short with their manfactured units. 21 million won't be real any more. Sigh, no use tilting at windmills though, gotta figure out how to win anyway.
    Henry David Thoreau

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Latest insight from my buddy who is a professional crypto analyst: BTC may see a rarer Bull to Bull cycle here. No crash as we push through the summer up to 100k by end 2021 then possibly see some pull backs down to 30k again next year. He is loading up on ETH recently as new updates have really pointed to some viability again. He has always hodled ETH, but wasn't super excited about it for the past couple years until recently.

Take a lesson folks, it's a normal Scott show, but it adds up over time in your learninz:

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Latest insight from my buddy who is a professional crypto analyst: BTC may see a rarer Bull to Bull cycle here. No crash as we push through the summer up to 100k by end 2021 then possibly see some pull backs down to 30k again next year. He is loading up on ETH recently as new updates have really pointed to some viability again. He has always hodled ETH, but wasn't super excited about it for the past couple years until recently.
    Worth noting the general name for this is "Super Cycle." You probably already know this...but mentioning it for the kids.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7b6...urce=copy-link

I disagree, but it's a big bull run for sure.

Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway, the show where everything is made up and the points don't matter!

I think it is impossible to value stocks according to age old valuation practices because the float ain't real and EPS is a made up number. It's any number the hedgies choose it to be so they pick the price. I guess that can happen to bitcoin as soon as there are ETFs for the hedgies to naked short with their manfactured units. 21 million won't be real any more. Sigh, no use tilting at windmills though, gotta figure out how to win anyway.
    The amount of BS that gets bandied about in this thread is impressive.