Page 440 of 645 FirstFirst ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... LastLast
Results 10,976 to 11,000 of 16103
    The whole financial insight from youtube thing amazes me. Echoes what at least one of the religious fundamentalist BTC types here does with youtube and politics, as well.

But really, guys, you should be proud. Most grifts don't go on as long as this one--think of all the people that were duped, all the money lost, the trillion gigawatts of electricity consumed and billions of tons of coal burnt to solve meaningless equations in order to...well, no one knows why, but a few people got rich off of it, so, you know, all good. I mean, this was the motherfucking ponzi scheme of all ponzi schemes. But all good things must end, so take whatever there is for you left on the table and enjoy the upcoming Hollywood film.

You can always continue to pump and dump Gamestop or some other shit. No need for tears.
    [quote][//quote]

Hodlers are crazy.

Is This Crypto’s Lehman Moment? https://nyti.ms/3hwJ9GJ
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    The whole financial insight from youtube thing amazes me. Echoes what at least one of the religious fundamentalist BTC types here does with youtube and politics, as well.

But really, guys, you should be proud. Most grifts don't go on as long as this one--think of all the people that were duped, all the money lost, the trillion gigawatts of electricity consumed and billions of tons of coal burnt to solve meaningless equations in order to...well, no one knows why, but a few people got rich off of it, so, you know, all good. I mean, this was the motherfucking ponzi scheme of all ponzi schemes. But all good things must end, so take whatever there is for you left on the table and enjoy the upcoming Hollywood film.

You can always continue to pump and dump Gamestop or some other shit. No need for tears.
    Lol. This will age well.

Lol. Like your recommendation to buy Luna.

Hey fuck toy^, I've never once mentioned Luna.

Must be all that smog you inhale

I went back to November 2021 TGR comments for laughs. Good times.
    Pressure is building. Which pipe is next to burst?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Hey fuck toy^, I've never once mentioned Luna.

Must be all that smog you inhale

ahh, the belligerently stupid byates is still shitting up the joint with his kindness I see.

meanwhile super genius SBF is fucked, and there’s more carnage to come. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    ahh, the belligerently stupid byates is still shitting up the joint with his kindness I see.

“The first time, a poor internal labeling of bank-related accounts meant that I was substantially off on my sense of users' margin. I thought it was way lower.”-SBF

The super genius blew up a multibillion dollar company on an error an undergrad accounting major could have spotted.

Gensler: caveat emptor

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

I'm stupid for calling out someone putting words in my mouth? Huh.

Buy BTC. Hold for 10-15 yrs. Profit.

Not that fucking hard.

Go skiing dunfree.

It’s actually really fucking hard for this “asset” or “currency” or whatever the fuck it is this week; with zero use and zero intrinsic value to be profitable in 10-15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    It’s actually really fucking hard for this “asset” or “currency” or whatever the fuck it is this week; with zero use and zero intrinsic value to be profitable in 10-15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    iT'S An eLeCtRoNiC StOrE Of vAlUe!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

That closely tracks NASDAQ on the daily except when grift, corruption, and fraud in the cryptoland pushes it down massively and on the overall trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

I'm hesitant to pile on misfortune, but I'll say during tough times... strong fundamentals of your investment makes weathering long positions much less nerve racking.

To me, scarcity ain't enough...you need viable utility. On the utility front, I think Ethereum-esq has more compelling tech footing but with similar scale issues. As it morphs, the changes have offended the crypto-purists. Narratives all over the place. Sort of fun to watch.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

14 years to find an attractive use case for the masses, what’s another 10-15 years?

My high tech, Silicon Valley days are getting dusty , but I never worked on a project that got kind that kind of leeway.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Gensler: caveat emptor
    SEC Chair Gary Gensler on The FTX Collapse, Crypto Regulation | "Running Out of Runway" | 11/10/22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyj2-CQjASs
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

FTX Offshoring to purposefully dodge regulation. The same reason clients traded with them.

I chose Celsius in part because they were in the USA. We'll see how helpful that is.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

The same reason all the legacy financial systems and wall at slime do for hundreds of years

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    The same reason all the legacy financial systems and wall at slime do for hundreds of years
    We agree. It’s slimy.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I chose Celsius in part because they were in the USA. We'll see how helpful that is.
    Like Gensler said. There are required regulations but most are non-compliant. Did Celsius have independent auditors? FTX doesn’t even have a CFO.

Edit: EY should be held accountable. But they won’t

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301304974.html

I'm not a lawyer, but I guess there are legal differences between the Cel token and the business practices. I don't hold Cel, just bitcoin and link. Anyway, I was also bamboozled by the lawyers they would trot out on youtube every week, claiming compliance.
    Henry David Thoreau

Conventional banks are pretty safe because they tried every shady trick in the book and are now heavily regulated with enforcement. Plus, FDIC

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Celsius was an unregistered security in retrospect.