Page 401 of 643 FirstFirst ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 16056
    ^thanks for posting that

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I participated in the dotcom bubble on both the long/short side. IMO crypto is very similar.

When you say "half of crypto/buttcoin bullshit is people looking at the suck of us banking and not seeing the problem is institutional not technical, the other half is libertarian brainworms"; I feel you're conservative. I feel that most of the cryptotwitter BS is sunk-cost fallacy and sales/marketing yoga-babble gabfest.

However, the small percentage of blockchain tech that succeeds will have outside returns.

That Proshares short fund will be for short term trading; the time decay on their positions will be outrageous.
    whatever tech solution that solves the problem will make $$$. I’ve no idea if that is blockchain. None of the dialogue (including mine) is of much predictive value for the future. Most of its bullshit, lots of it is not even wrong because it’s so far removed.

Having dumped NVDA and COIN at the right time, I can now throw small change at BITI, BTC Short ETF

https://www.coindesk.com/business/20...-list-on-nyse/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Having dumped NVDA and COIN at the right time, I can now throw small change at BITI, BTC Short ETF

I guess you're allowed to have an opinion than

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post

Welcome, to another edition of Thunderdome!

byates, what's your opinion on the CEL short squeeze?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

^ unaware. From what little I've seen sounds like Celsius is done? Just a matter or time.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    ^ unaware. From what little I've seen sounds like Celsius is done? Just a matter or time.
    Hopefully Celsius is not done! I have funds there. They are paying down loans every day, reducing exposure to liquidation. Anyway, there are a lot of shorts on FTX and low liquidity due to low number of tokens, so the squeeze is on, mob trying to buy spot and remove to cold storage. GME shenanigans (naked shorting) shouldn't be possible, but I dunno. I'm not involved with it, just watching.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

From what I’ve seen on twitter #CELshortsqueeze, the celians are optimistic they can fight off the shorts but there’s an undercurrent of ‘let’s pull together and get cel solvent enough at least temporarily so that we can withdraw our money & GTFO’.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

yes
    Henry David Thoreau

What’s the difference between an attack (sell) and an engineered short squeeze (buy)? Both seem nefarious but that’s what makes a market .

Well the shorts started it, and I despise shorts. So I call the squeeze fighting fire with fire.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Well the shorts started it, and I despise shorts. So I call the squeeze fighting fire with fire.
    The shorts added to it. If it wasn’t vulnerable it wouldn’t have gone down

Celsius became vulnerable through a concerted scheme to generate fud by competing parties. I saw it with my own eyes on twitter. Created a bank run. You can't have liquidity and yield simultaneously, they are contradictory. That's the vulnerability.

Don't you think so?

Well maybe you are just talking about the shorted token...not the whole drama.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Celsius became vulnerable through a concerted scheme to generate fud by competing parties. I saw it with my own eyes on twitter. Created a bank run. You can't have liquidity and yield simultaneously, they are contradictory. That's the vulnerability.

Don't you think so?

Well maybe you are just talking about the shorted token...not the whole drama.
    The vulnerability was their entire business model. That’s not on the shorts, that’s on the company.

It was a feature before it was a bug though

meanwhile..,,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    The vulnerability was their entire business model. That’s not on the shorts, that’s on the company.
    Yep, being foundationally over leveraged and unstable is a failure of basic fiduciary duty.
    Question: if this is nefarious, doesn't that make the similar attacks on that hedge fund with GME nefarious?
    Or is it only nefarious when it doesn't fit the narrative?

This is how cutthroat financial trading works, especially in momentum models.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Because it’s wreckable

All this exchange hypothecation and degenerate trading firm leverage is making a great case for BTC's long-term value proposition. It's the ultimate digital bearer instrument. No trust required.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    All this exchange hypothecation and degenerate trading firm leverage is making a great case for BTC's long-term value proposition. It's the ultimate digital bearer instrument. No trust required.

lol

i'm a financial illiterate and don't understand big terms like "exchange hypothecation" and "degenerate trading firm leverage" but it sounds cool, so I'm all in on what you're saying. "No trust required."

You recommended Luna, how much should I invest?

So crazy it's beyond parody.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    i'm a financial illiterate and don't understand big terms like "exchange hypothecation" and "degenerate trading firm leverage" but it sounds cool, so I'm all in on what you're saying. "No trust required."

You recommended Luna, how much should I invest?
    #moonstop ftwz
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Now that the word is out that bankman-fried is white knighting it becomes a target to see how deep he’ll dig.