Page 119 of 121 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3008
  1. #2951
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,195

    Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

    So no practical use at this time other than speculative asset vehicle.

  2. #2952
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,195

    Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

    Speculating in unregulated assets used largely for criminal enterprise is acceptable behavior vs taxable property ownership. Ok

  3. #2953
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Jong Kong
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Speculating in unregulated assets used largely for criminal enterprise is acceptable behavior vs taxable property ownership. Ok
    You have to pay taxes on Bitcoin gains in the U.S. and there are Bitcoin options and futures on regulated exchanges.

    Also, Bitcoin is mostly HODLed. As of July 2019, 60% of Bitcoin hadn't been moved in over a year. As of November 2019, 21% of Bitcoin hadn't been moved in over 5 years.

    It's actually pretty dumb to use Bitcoin for illegal transactions. Your public keys, public keys you've transacted with and transaction amounts are all public knowledge. While authorites can't prove which public keys belong to a specific person (unless those keys are associated with an exchange account or they get a criminal's private keys), they can use the blockchain info to shed light on an investigation. It's still much smarter to do illegal transactions with laundered cash.

    Privacy coins like Monero are being conflated with Bitcoin to the public. Bitcoin is trustless, not anonymous.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

  4. #2954
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,370
    Is m29abd Satoshi?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  5. #2955
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,547
    Looking mighty cup and handley.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  6. #2956
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,547
    Nice monthly close!

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  7. #2957
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,547
    B(p)ump

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  8. #2958
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,547
    bITcoiN iS GoING tO zeRo!

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  9. #2959
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,447
    I’m still waiting for mcafee to eat his own dick
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  10. #2960
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,062
    Name:  bitcoin16.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  44.1 KB

  11. #2961
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Loci
    Posts
    3,486
    Sheesh... This is an opportunity, not a disaster!!

    #lambos4everyone

    The floggings will continue until morale improves.

  12. #2962
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Sheesh... This is an opportunity, not a disaster!!

    #lambos4everyone

  13. #2963
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    11,776
    BUY NOW OR FOREVER BE PRICED OUT

  14. #2964
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,676
    Welp. Im back in.

    Let's see if I can make another couple thousand.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  15. #2965

  16. #2966
    @willywoo @muststopmurad 's fund threw in the towel last week amid the selloff.

    As TINA says "traders are gonna get their nads ripped off." Hodl on comrades, don't trade

    https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/...n-price-plunge

    QUICK TAKE


    • Adaptive Capital is shutting down its fund and returning the rest of its capital over to investors, the company has told its Limited Partners
    • The company said in a letter to investors that the firm “took a big hit” following a drop in bitcoin’s price on March 13, blaming poor exchange infrastructure
    • BitMEX reported a 45-minute outage during the trading session on March 13.




    Crypto hedge fund Adaptive Capital is shutting down, The Block has learned.

  17. #2967
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,547
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/world...ken-ray-dalio/

    Money printer go BRRR

    https://brrr.money/

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  18. #2968
    It's counter intuitive, but dollar strength is great for BTC. In March Madness those that survive each round have a shot to win the title. Only a moraine would proclaim an NCAA champ before the final game is played. Way too much ball to be played to conclude anything other than all teams that are alive have a shot. In currency world, we're looking at the steady erosion of a big chunk of the field. Energy currencies & developing markets with looser monetary controls are incentivizing citizens to look outside for SoV vehicles. And the best options are USD, EUR, GBP, BTC. Foreign exchange controls fall mostly on the first three, with the last, most volatile option offering easier access & the best monetary policy.

    38% of the global population are facing material purchasing power risks by ignoring the currency wars.

    Brazilian Real is going to zero. 209M population
    Name:  BRL_.JPG
Views: 462
Size:  50.3 KB


    Chinese Yuan is at risk of another devaluation wave as forex controls can't fully stop monetary flight. 1,400M population
    Name:  CNY_.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  47.7 KB


    Indian Rupee going to zero. 1,300M population
    Name:  INR_.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  41.1 KB


    Turkish Lira going to zero. 83M population
    Name:  TRY_.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  36.3 KB

  19. #2969
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by the propagandist formerly monikered brostoyevski View Post
    It's counter intuitive, but dollar strength is great for BTC. In March Madness those that survive each round have a shot to win the title. Only a moraine would proclaim an NCAA champ before the final game is played. Way too much ball to be played to conclude anything other than all teams that are alive have a shot. In currency world, we're looking at the steady erosion of a big chunk of the field. Energy currencies & developing markets with looser monetary controls are incentivizing citizens to look outside for SoV vehicles. And the best options are USD, EUR, GBP, BTC. Foreign exchange controls fall mostly on the first three, with the last, most volatile option offering easier access & the best monetary policy.

    38% of the global population are facing material purchasing power risks by ignoring the currency wars.

    Brazilian Real is going to zero. 209M population
    Name:  BRL_.JPG
Views: 462
Size:  50.3 KB


    Chinese Yuan is at risk of another devaluation wave as forex controls can't fully stop monetary flight. 1,400M population
    Name:  CNY_.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  47.7 KB


    Indian Rupee going to zero. 1,300M population
    Name:  INR_.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  41.1 KB


    Turkish Lira going to zero. 83M population
    Name:  TRY_.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  36.3 KB
    Good post. And kind of terrifying.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  20. #2970
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,052
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Good post. And kind of terrifying.
    It's not like those are strong currencies by any means, but the implications for so many people are beyond terrifying.

  21. #2971
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    2,289
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TPCoin.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	323350
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

  22. #2972
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TPCoin.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	323350
    With Binance's acquisition of CMC, they were sure to add some more shit coins.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  23. #2973
    Chinese CBDC testing in a few cities now. Programmable money.

  24. #2974
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,547
    So Bitcoin...I mean oil finally went to zero.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  25. #2975

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •