Page 433 of 631 FirstFirst ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,825 of 15768
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    As usual, you completely miss the point.
    More like 'piss the point'. Ok, I'll see myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I also tweet frequently about the many benefits of my Poison Impairing Safety Stream. Follow me on Twitter and I’ll teach you how to create your own node on the network. There’s almost no capital requirement necessary, so it’s also a great leveler of the financial playing field.
    ^strong, strong work. A perfect blend.

BTC is cheap as fuck right now dingbats. It'll 10-20x. Buy and hold. Thank me later. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    BTC is cheap as fuck right now dingbats. It'll 10-20x.
    Based on what metrics? ‘Cause I did a sophisticated technical analysis and it looks like it’s going to zero? :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D642CDF4-992F-430D-8025-965AC2F5824A.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	428708

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I also tweet frequently about the many benefits of my Poison Impairing Safety Stream.
    You need to reposition this poison stream as something more palatable for the Stalefishs of the world so they buy buy buy, try "Golden Shower" which IMO sounds really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Hahahahaha. You’re an idiot*. Articulate for me the fraud protections of BTC or any other currency that doesn’t manage risk through a trusted 3rd party?

*this isn’t news.
    Um, I think you are missing the main point here.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

My dude, it's not fear, it's reality. A handful of unelected and unaccountable jackasses at the fed exacerbated massive wealth inequality, and of course enriched themselves through egregious insider trading while doing so. Now they have to TRY and fix their mistakes by crashing the world economy. We're relatively lucky here in the USA where DXY has rallied hard against the rest of the world. People in other countries have not been so lucky and have been basically wiped out. But sure, let's give them more power and make it easier for them to censor and confiscate OUR money.
    So the fed was bad but we are better off than the rest of the world? Can you get into specifics on their mistakes and then how they are crashing the world economy.

And how we are lucky

Ready Go
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    You need to reposition this poison stream as something more palatable for the Stalefishs of the world so they buy buy buy, try "Golden Shower" which IMO sounds really fun.
    The stream goes up!?!

Did you know the federal government is bought and paid for? We have legalized corruption and an illegitimate SCOTUS. Yet you think we should trust the government to oversee our money?
    No no no. We think "you" and your crypto buddies should oversee our money!! Cause the crypto world has MY best interests in mind!

I'm sold! Gonna buy me some Luna through Quadriga! No, wait I'll buy Zilliqa through Binance. Hmmm
    Well with a 42% failure rate for online Bitcoin exchanges, I suppose I should be careful.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    BTC is cheap as fuck right now dingbats. It'll 10-20x. Buy and hold. Thank me later. You're welcome.
    If true how much wealth redistribution to a select few will occur?

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Um, I think you are missing the main point here.
    What point? The one directed at all the people going around saying that there is no fraud in the banking system? Literally nobody is saying that. That isn’t a point. It’s a straw man. Here let me help you you dunce:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

What’s interesting, though, is that all the attributes of Zelle that make it a risk management headache are baked into BTC and exalted as the reason why BTC should reign supreme in whatever anarchist dystopia you guys keep jacking off to. And then BTC adds in things like pseudonymity and distributed responsibility. It’s a fucking mess, not a panacea.

I’d label that irony. I’ll help you some more:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
    Last edited by Mustonen; 10-05-2022 at 05:10 AM.
    focus.

As usual this thread is bringing the Lulz.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hahahahaha. You’re an idiot*. Articulate for me the fraud protections of BTC or any other currency that doesn’t manage risk through a trusted 3rd party?

*this isn’t news.
    Dude, your whole argument against BTC has basically been that people are too dumb to handle their own money and they need banks to protect them. Now the banks are absconding from that role. So what good are they exactly?

A US CBDC may be closer than you all think.

https://twitter.com/RepTomEmmer/stat...P2_si5Tcw&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

A US CBDC may be closer than you all think.

https://twitter.com/RepTomEmmer/stat...P2_si5Tcw&s=19

Sorry, but I’m not going to get my panties in a bunch over the chair of the NRCC complaining about Biden. Going to need much more solid proof.

Dude, your whole argument against BTC has basically been that people are too dumb to handle their own money and they need banks to protect them. Now the banks are absconding from that role. So what good are they exactly?
    That is certainly not my argument.

But your post was literally an example of people needing regulation and trusted third parties to avoid being taken advantage of by fraudsters. But your argument is NOT that we need more regulation and trusted third parties.

Do you think that if you willingly give money to somebody running a scam, somebody else - not the scammer - should pay for your mistake?
    focus.

But your post was literally an example of people needing regulation and trusted third parties to avoid being taken advantage of by fraudsters. But your argument is NOT that we need more regulation and trusted third parties.

Do you think that if you willingly give money to somebody running a scam, somebody else - not the scammer - should pay for your mistake?
    3rd party man wiki citing strawman. Ironz.

Your argument most assuredly has been that we need middlemen who can censor and overwrite transactions because screw personal responsibility.

…because screw personal responsibility.
    Yes.

Your argument most assuredly has been that we need middlemen who can censor and overwrite transactions because screw personal responsibility.

That is a thing that I argue is a feature, not a bug. That’s not “my argument” you simpleton.

The example you cited, though, is one where individuals are knowingly and purposefully sending money to strangers. That isn’t a situation clearly defined in any regulation as being the responsibility of a financial institution, but that’s the focus of the article. Many financial institutions go to great lengths to protect people from themselves and that gets you yahoos all riled up. At the same time, you’ll use examples of them not just eating the loss when your uncle Pete sends $3,500 to some Nigerian prince as an example of … what exactly? And to be clear, the issue on that table is when (probably not if) is the CFPB going to require those financial institutions to give Pete his $3,500 back? Even though they can’t recover it from the Nigerian prince due to the nature of real time payments.

And that’s a good thing, even if it’s a huge thorn in the side of any viable real time payments platform.
    focus.

So when Celsius misrepresented their finances and shera lost money, that was 100% her fault?
    When wallet companies have major cyber security breaches, it's walletholders fault for picking them?

Though in a way, I agree with you - people buying crypto and not expecting it to got zero are foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    So when Celsius misrepresented their finances and shera lost money, that was 100% her fault?
    When wallet companies have major cyber security breaches, it's walletholders fault for picking them?

Though in a way, I agree with you - people buying crypto and not expecting it to got zero are foolish.
    It was 100% her fault. She borrowed on a lending platform against her crypto. She knew the risks and she couldn't get out in time without being margin called or dumping more in. Her fault 1 hundo. Risk/Reward. DYOR.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I think there’s a difference in it going to 0 and getting money/account information/whatever (fraud) stolen.
    Just different arguments, both important and valid.

If you invest in crypto and $ gets stolen…that’s on you for choosing crypto without doing the due diligence OR doing the due diligence and deciding the risks of theft/fraud are worth the ease of transaction (which is a funny argument, everyone is in it for price appreciation NOT to use as a bank account).

Same with Zelle or PayPal or whatever. No different. But the alternative is paying cash, in person. The ease of transacting makes the small small risk of losing $ on a transaction worth it- to me.

If you invest in crypto and the value of it goes to 0 because no one wants to buy virtual fucking dog coins made up out of thin air…different argument.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It was 100% her fault. She borrowed on a lending platform against her crypto. She knew the risks and she couldn't get out in time without being margin called or dumping more in. Her fault 1 hundo. Risk/Reward. DYOR.
    I agree, my risk and not asking the taxpayer or anyone else to cover it. But I do have rights under the law, don't you agree? The bankruptcy court is the forum for it. Right? That's one reason I chose Celsius, because of being in the USA...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I agree, my risk and not asking the taxpayer or anyone else to cover it. But I do have rights under the law, don't you agree? The bankruptcy court is the forum for it. Right? That's one reason I chose Celsius, because of being in the USA...
    Absolutely
    Decisions Decisions