Page 430 of 631 FirstFirst ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 15768
    Old jongy would probably run to the gov offering to pay 50+% in tax on his yellow rock

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    with the amount you pay in taxes in cali you have achieved that. free. 60 thousand homeless addicts in l.a. county. i'll just post up in front of your overpriced tahoe palace and shit on the ground and shoot up, and you'll pay for my needles, cell phone, food etc. paradise.

here's to a better world jong. be by next week to start camping and shitting
    You’re showing your ignorant biases (or maybe you presume I’m wealthier than I am.)

Cali has pretty average taxes for the middle class, only high on the upper class. It the most progressive state tax policy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F02498B9-E0B9-4CD9-A305-E6A28B68C9E0.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	302.3 KB 
ID:	426055

Low tax states are more like this:

Name:	0BAE2D97-A9E7-4D44-9236-07A98793702E.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	274.6 KB 
ID:	426056

They are low tax -for the rich-.

https://itep.sfo2.digitaloceanspaces...statepages.pdf

If I go swimming in a wilderness area, national park or blm, and find a shiny yellow rock, who owned the shiny yellow rock before I found it?
    You don’t have rights to minerals in national parks or wilderness areas, the government owns it. BLM land would depend on other things like if someone else already has a mining claim.

Does he even have a choice at this point?

If he sinks another $500M into BTC today and it doubles tomorrow, that gets him less than half the way back to the money he owes from buying a billion dollars worth at $52K. Whatever, keep making a hero out of the guy who painted himself into a corner.

i'm gOnNa dOlLaR CoSt aVeRaGe mY WaY OuT Of tHiS ShIt!!

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Does he even have a choice at this point?

If he sinks another $500M into BTC today and it doubles tomorrow, that gets him less than half the way back to the money he owes from buying a billion dollars worth at $52K. Whatever, keep making a hero out of the guy who painted himself into a corner.
    Lets check this genius thought out in 5 yrs.

Lets check this genius thought out in 5 yrs.
    Sure...anything looks better than the present. Remember when Saylor's entire rationale for btc was that its value would balloon in response to inflation? Why wait 5 more years; his strategy already imploded in less than 3. Nothing he said came true.

Hedge against inflation? Fuck no! A little bad inflation news this morning and btc dropped 6% in minutes compared to the S&P 3% decline.

The other key element of Saylor's bullshit is bitcoin maximalism. Yeah, not happening. Ether is cutting into bitcoin market cap. Why? Because crypto is all about marketing and ethereum tells people about new and more exciting ways to get rich. NFTs, smart contracts...whatever...it generates excitement. All btc has is "line go up" and that's been mostly destroyed as far as expanding the retail investor pool.

Saylor reeks of desperation. If Microstrategy can't pay back his ridiculous bets, then a lot of that $2.5B debt gets converted into stock and share prices collapse from simultaneous dilution and sell off. Now he's devolving into something akin to a rogue trader as he tries to save his own neck by doubling down with other people's money.

Update: down 10% just in response to a CPI report. Is this a hedge against inflation? That assclown Saylor would have already burned another $50M if he issued that stock yesterday!
    Last edited by neckdeep; 09-13-2022 at 01:16 PM.

wtf thats not what i am saying. the btc project was released to the world. there is no jamie diamon, vitalik, etc. yes i hear myself
    If I go swimming in a wilderness area, national park or blm, and find a shiny yellow rock, who owned the shiny yellow rock before I found it?
    Not really the point, but…yeah you can’t just start a gold mining operation in a national park. Do you think you should be able to?

My point is that BTC only has value if it interacts with society, the economy, et al. And there are laws and there should be laws. It isn’t some anarchist wasteland where this shit is going down, much as that trope keeps getting peddled. It’s your computer in your van connecting through ISPs to financial institutions or merchants or other third parties that manage servers that are located in states and countries that perform transactions across the world.

“Released to the world.” That’s adorable. Shut the fuck up. You and your bitcoin are accountable to the highway patrol and the federal government and the merchants and financial institutions are accountable to the FTC and FDIC and OCC and CFPB and SEC and all those other places all over the world and it’s new and has defied classification - largely because it’s bullshit and we don’t have a good asset classification for bullshit - but that isn’t forever and shouldn’t be a tenet to your retirement strategy.
    focus.

Well we just go round and round w all this. I guess we'll all see how it pans out.

I'm going w BTC is 100/400k per in 10/15 years. So imna have some.

So STFU already and sit on your precious Bitcoin hoard for the next 10/15 years.

No need to constantly remind us that you have a position.

Oh wait, constantly reminding us about the future riches for anyone buying Bitcoin is what's gonna drive it to those 400K heights, as all the TRG dentists totally believe you, and put all their money and all their friends money and all their friends friends money and all their friends friends friends money into Bitcoin.

It's gonna be a long 10/15 years listening to your drivel.

110# dude getting all tough w the keyboard. Sounds about right.

LOL Name:  Image1663130814.925009.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  54.5 KB

Hey have I mentioned I own BTC?

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Heh. BFD.

Dude, you just sound desperate. Kinda like skiballs crowing about how he took home some cocktail waitress with fake boobs and fuct her, like fer real.

Are we supposed to be impressed with your financial acumen?

Oh yeah, we all will be in 10/15 years. Okay then.

When did you turn into a troll? I'm just fucking around.

I agree bfd, own BTC or don't. Hate it. Love it. Whatever.

Either way it's fine. Were all gonna die.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

I’m just fucking around too, so sorry if it hurts your delicate sensitivities.

I just think it’s funneh how you and stale keep incessantly untiringly flogging bitcoin as if your specious arguments are really gonna convince others of how great it is.

Seems more like you’re trying hard to convince yourselves, whistlin’ in the dark and all. Like I said, desperate.

Yeah I'm super desperate. My ego is about to collapse. I don't know what I'd do without your clarity. Many thanks.

Any time, bub. Keep on flogging. Or don’t.

This thread is certainly long on troll
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

In today's news: Terra Co-Founder Do Kwon Faces Arrest Warrant in South Korea

(Bloomberg) -- A court in South Korea issued an arrest warrant for Do Kwon, the founder of the Terraform Labs cryptocurrency ecosystem, whose implosion earlier this year sparked a global crypto rout.

In the last few weeks I was surprised the ETH merge didn’t get talked about here. The validator model seems to go against some basic crypto decentralization principles, but the argument that creeping regulation will favor the more energy efficient option seems pragmatically / politically likely esp given the energy crisis in Europe.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 8.13.24 PM.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	313.4 KB 
ID:	426709