Page 218 of 648 FirstFirst ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 16182
    re taking a position. made a quick 5g off the 35/29 range bound state.

i'm willing to be wrong and lose, btc will outperform all legacy investments moving forward.

i can afford to lose. no kids. ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    re taking a position. made a quick 5g off the 35/29 range bound state.

i'm willing to be wrong and lose, btc will outperform all legacy investments moving forward.

i can afford to lose. no kids. ymmv.
    I have been a person that never got into, or was introduced to chips, and all those accessory dipping things.

But YAS.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

must be following a different narrative, makes complete sense now.

buy btc. hold for 10/20 yrs. laugh.

Set it and forget it.

Bitcoin

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

So wait, when do I get my monies back?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Bears kinda quiet lately. Interesting.

Just like the bulls were super quiet when BTC dropped. If you’re criticizing the bears you’re also criticizing yourself.

Bull/Bear or just an interested observer? Whatever dude.

PumpNdumps usually behave like this.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Bull/Bear or just an interested observer? Whatever dude.

PumpNdumps usually behave like this.
    Zoom out bro and it's just a pump.

Supply-chain bottlenecks have driven inflation to higher levels than many economists expected, and those readings have raised “the possibility that inflation could turn out to be higher and more persistent than we expect,” said Fed Chairman Jerome Powell

Gosh, I feel better now. The inflation probably has nothing to do with the ruling class printing trillions of dollars out of thin air so they could pump stonks.

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/s...419632138?s=19

As a bull market speculative asset, Bitcoin has profited mightily from the Fed too.

Meanwhile, the rise in fossil fuel reliant Canadian, Kazakhstani, and Iranian mining since China restricted miners means Bitcoin is even dirtier than before. In the midst of an increasingly evident environmental crisis it seems likely at some point crypto will have to move away from Bitcoin and its dirty Proof-of-Work algorithm towards more efficient alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    As a bull market speculative asset, Bitcoin has profited mightily from the Fed too.

Meanwhile, the rise in fossil fuel reliant Canadian, Kazakhstani, and Iranian mining since China restricted miners means Bitcoin is even dirtier than before. In the midst of an increasingly evident environmental crisis it seems likely at some point crypto will have to move away from Bitcoin and its dirty Proof-of-Work algorithm towards more efficient alternatives.
    While you're at it, please move us away from "dirty" electric cars and gaming and faang servers and banking data centers. Oh and while you're at it, please tell E Warren to fly commercial, private planes and rockets for trillionaire space tourism are ludicrouse wastes. Hey if we can just put a stop to transportation altogether and put a stop to air conditioners, what a ridiculous waste those are...the list of waste goes on and on and on. But I suggest looking at the 1% first, their waste can cut carbon in half easily.

Also, I just read that shutting down the 5 dirtiest plants on the planet would single handedly set back global warming significantly.

If you really care, widen your vision. Really.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    While you're at it, please move us away from "dirty" electric cars and gaming and faang servers and banking data centers.
    Electric cars and data centers have become much more efficient over time whereas bitcoin, by design, has become less efficient.

The Bitcoin network is now consuming about 140 TWh per year, roughly equivalent to countries like Sweden, Norway, or the Ukraine just to perform less than 8 transaction per second. Each transaction consumes enough energy to power 1 U.S. household for 60 days.

Electric cars and data centers have become much more efficient over time whereas bitcoin, by design, has become less efficient.

The Bitcoin network is now consuming about 140 TWh per year, roughly equivalent to countries like Sweden, Norway, or the Ukraine just to perform less than 8 transaction per second. Each transaction consumes enough energy to power 1 U.S. household for 60 days.
    And that is a good thing for security of the network. Let all the other coins go POS, but BTC will never be one of them. Do you think gold is cheap and clean to mine?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Do you think gold is cheap and clean to mine?
    No i don't think gold is cheap and clean to mine but it is infinitely more efficient to mine because once it's mined it exists forever, unlike bitcoin which ceases to exists if mining ever stops. Bitcoin mining is also now more carbon intensive than mining real gold.

No i don't think gold is cheap and clean to mine but it is infinitely more efficient to mine because once it's mined it exists forever, unlike bitcoin which ceases to exists if mining ever stops. Bitcoin mining is also now more carbon intensive than mining real gold.
    Hmm. What do you think is going to happen when btc is fully mined? It's just going to cease to exist? Cmon man. Learn some fundamentals. And you are full of shit vs gold.

Fundamentals? Bitcoin security requires paying rewards to miners in two ways: 1) block subsidies and 2) transaction fees. Do you think metaphoric bitcoin mining only refers to block subsidies and not transaction fees too?

Either way, due to the hard cap the block subsidy will eventually go to zero and nobody really knows what will happen after that. Because fees will have to increase to maintain security. But higher fees lower transaction demand and fewer transactions decreases the hash rate, which decreases security. Bitcoin will no longer be thought of as a store of value if transactions fall because of high fees.

I think I'm out of facepalms.

Can’t you just mine some more?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    There are only 21 million.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    That would use too much face oil.

Let's play the "What's wrong with the claim about block subsidies and transaction fees" game! I'll go first: nothing.

Step aside old man. You don't have enough limbs to donate.