Page 377 of 643 FirstFirst ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 16059
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Wrong thread?
    Got anything from this millennia grandpa?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Got anything from this millennia grandpa?
    Learn from your elders padawan.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Lol. Gamblers all in

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Lol. Gamblers all in
    I don't think you understand certain things. But we expect that from you. You are not the first person to pass through the halls of the TRG's.

Nothing partisan in this, but it is a useful insight:

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    unserviceable rapidly increasing interest on our 9T deficit,
    Seems you don't know what unserviceable means, because you're completely wrong. Obviously.
    [quote][//quote]

We'll see over the next 10 years. I agree most of BTC's gains like all gains are a direct result of 5T of USD sprayed all over the place

I'm looking forward to things getting difficult and staying difficult.

If BTC in 10/15 years is 300/500k per, it's going to look like a quite the opportunity now. I'm taking that opportunity.

Remember I bought my first BTC at 230$. Second at 9000$. Now I'm just dca'ing. Pretty much have most of want I need for a speculative asset.
    How much more money has to be invested in BitCoin to triple from here? Current market cap is 560B, obviously it won’t take 1120B of additional investment to triple but does anyone the approximate/ projected amount?

My price target for some accumulation with ETH is around 1,320 and BTC at 23,695.
    Calling a bottom? Interesting. That would put ETH/BTC at 0.05570795. I'm hoping for a further drop, maybe a "sell the news" event when staking comes. If it ever gets below .04, I'll start buying ETH.

I caught a buy yesterday at 28.3k, but I'll put in some more orders lower.

And for those wondering what the bitcoin network does, it defends property the same way that the military industrial complex does. But it is so much more efficient and it is for everyone, all around the world. Not as important as knitting doilies...

And for those of you equating speculative investment with ponzis and whatever other denigrative descriptors you choose to assign, I feel sorry for you. You lack imagination, you lack vision, you lack hope, you lack the entire idea of a better future. Maybe I read too much sci-fi growing up, but, well, whatever, I feel sorry for you.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I have a serious question, someone posted about 4% inflation going forward. How should people save for the future going forward? How would you advise?

BTW, when I read the posts in this thread, all the bashing, I really do try to separate the wheat from the chaff and find the value. What can I learn? In spite of all the polarization in the world today, I don't see things as binary, I hope for a nuanced view.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

You guys probably know that my pet project, chainlink, is the beating heart of defi. Here's a FUD piece (only 13 minutes) on part of the current architecture, having to do with multisig: https://www.coindesk.com/video/first...nlink-oracles/

There's a response, including that the 3 of 20 multisig has been updated to 4 of 9 and documentation has been provided: https://twitter.com/ChainLinkGod/sta...55815456624640
    Henry David Thoreau

I don't think you understand certain things. But we expect that from you. You are not the first person to pass through the halls of the TRG's.
    shouldnt you be waving your little dick in the gun thread pretending you’ve gotten laid in the last decade grandpa?

Ima guess a lot of these late night posts are alcohol driven.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Seems you don't know what unserviceable means, because you're completely wrong. Obviously.
    Maybe the grand plan is to put nukes in the air. That would cause a "great reset".

Maybe the grand plan is to put nukes in the air. That would cause a "great reset".
    The basic point of all your arguments seems to be that the current systems shit stinks.. But you ignore and deny the stink of your preferred system... and whether or not prices rise or fall of your favorite tokens doesn't mean that they would become an essential part of a better system.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Calling a bottom? Interesting. That would put ETH/BTC at 0.05570795. I'm hoping for a further drop, maybe a "sell the news" event when staking comes. If it ever gets below .04, I'll start buying ETH.

I caught a buy yesterday at 28.3k, but I'll put in some more orders lower.

And for those wondering what the bitcoin network does, it defends property the same way that the military industrial complex does. But it is so much more efficient and it is for everyone, all around the world. Not as important as knitting doilies...

And for those of you equating speculative investment with ponzis and whatever other denigrative descriptors you choose to assign, I feel sorry for you. You lack imagination, you lack vision, you lack hope, you lack the entire idea of a better future. Maybe I read too much sci-fi growing up, but, well, whatever, I feel sorry for you.
    As I read your post I thought I was reading some pamphlet from pre internet days about the wonders of multi level marketing and other similar wealth creation schemes..the same mindset/all in belief/faith of the future success and the same put down of anyone expressing skepticism of this latest get rich idea..I seriously wish you good luck with your speculation!.. There are plenty of suckers in this world and selling dreams to them has been a road to profit for many people.. Good luck with your drive.

I love the "you just don't get it" shtick.
    For the common man, crypto enlightenment is quite elusive.

Just get off zero.
    Henry David Thoreau

Business news talking about holiday volatility and low trading volume/liquidity combined with record high leverage on top of declining retail engagement. It just means an outsized move is possible either up or down

https://cointelegraph.com/news/small...ation-analysis

Name:  take.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  72.5 KB
    "
    It's not a pump and dump, it's a "distribution" from the whales. Do a rich man a favor, keep on buying the dip.

I have a serious question, someone posted about 4% inflation going forward. How should people save for the future going forward? How would you advise?
    After expenses I put every dollar I have into income producing assets. Real estate, farmland, profitable companies that pay dividends. I don't own Bitcoin for the same reason I don't own gold. It doesn't compound. I do use xmr to conduct online business because I like the privacy but then immediately convert to a real cash flow positive asset.

4% inflation really isn't an issue for me since I can get bigger raises than that from my employer and the only debt I have is fixed at a very low rate and if anything the payments as % of my income will do down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    After expenses I put every dollar I have into income producing assets. Real estate, farmland, profitable companies that pay dividends. I don't own Bitcoin for the same reason I don't own gold. It doesn't compound. I do use xmr to conduct online business because I like the privacy but then immediately convert to a real cash flow positive asset.

4% inflation really isn't an issue for me since I can get bigger raises than that from my employer and the only debt I have is fixed at a very low rate and if anything the payments as % of my income will do down a lot.
    Tapping into what RooR said I view RE as an asset that tracks inflation. As well as primary home, own another RE asset and would consider picking up another if the Canadian RE market resets somewhat. But RE is already 20+ % of the overall net worth so am somewhat reluctant to add a big increment which then constrains the purchase decision.

Have added to dividend yielding assets which produce covered calls to keep core portfolio yielding 10% + which tracks above inflation.

Yolo port is kept at 5% of net worth. Now hunt and kill quick trades for the most part and looking to add BTC and ETH but at below what MakersTelemark pointed out to capitalize even more on panic sells if possible. Only had miniscule interest in alt/shitcoins before and even less now.

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    As I read your post I thought I was reading some pamphlet from pre internet days about the wonders of multi level marketing and other similar wealth creation schemes..the same mindset/all in belief/faith of the future success and the same put down of anyone expressing skepticism of this latest get rich idea..I seriously wish you good luck with your speculation!.. There are plenty of suckers in this world and selling dreams to them has been a road to profit for many people.. Good luck with your drive.
    what could go wrong?
    https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/ter...ms-11653649201

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post

Or.. If you want the simplicity of buying and following one investment.. I suggest Berkshire Hathaway stock...A lot of dividends and diversification .. But all the stocks that BK own actually manufacture products or provide a service that people want to use no matter what the economic outlook.

BTW, when I read the posts in this thread, all the bashing, I really do try to separate the wheat from the chaff and find the value. What can I learn? In spite of all the polarization in the world today, I don't see things as binary, I hope for a nuanced view.
    I mentioned that the Fed having a 4% inflation target instead of the current 2% could be beneficial, but it’s not something I’d plan around.

Fed hasn’t ever said anything about changing from their current target, and as of today the market is pricing in average inflation of 2.28% over the next 5 years.

RooR and Lee, thank you for the responses. Thoughts - 1) doesn't real estate seem a little high at the moment? 2) Are reits as good as homes? 3) Profitable companies that produce dividends, seems like that could be quantified and screened by a normal person (not a financial guru) or maybe some dividend type etf? 4) Other things you mentioned don't seem reasonable for the average person, like covered calls and such?
    Henry David Thoreau