Page 169 of 643 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 16066
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    My friends mom has recurring anal prolapse. I tell him, "just be glad she isn't invested in crypto'.
    Is it time to update the sig? It feels like it's time to update the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Circling it out in red would’ve made it a lot clearer, .
    Would have ... but I ran out of red ink marking the crypto quizzes I forced my kids to complete before issuing their mining rewards into their decentralized 'deFi' piggy banks!
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

It is 12:50 AM on Sunday May 17th. Everything is quiet in crypto land. Network gas fees and bitcoin transfer fees have dropped to a low this week. Nothing is moving. The cards are dealt. At 1 AM to 3 AM there is usually a surprise. Will it be up? Will it be down? Or 'steady as she goes'? No one knows. The Doge is sleeping at 51 cents. Bitcoin is blue at $45K. Eth is still very happy to be at $35K. The charts officially went bearish at 20:00 on May 12. Captain Kirk and Harry Mudd are getting on better terms with a deck of cards and some beer. They are talking about DeFi payouts. Harry Mudd wants to know when he gets staking interest. Captain Kirk sees a disruption in the intergalactic blockchain. Linked sausages are on the breakfast menu. Coincidence?
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

It is 12:50 AM on Sunday May 17th. Everything is quiet in crypto land. Network gas fees and bitcoin transfer fees have dropped to a low this week. Nothing is moving. The cards are dealt. At 1 AM to 3 AM there is usually a surprise. Will it be up? Will it be down? Or 'steady as she goes'? No one knows. The Doge is sleeping at 51 cents. Bitcoin is blue at $45K. Eth is still very happy to be at $35K. The charts officially went bearish at 20:00 on May 12. Captain Kirk and Harry Mudd are getting on better terms with a deck of cards and some beer. They are talking about DeFi payouts. Harry Mudd wants to know when he gets staking interest. Captain Kirk sees a disruption in the intergalactic blockchain. Linked sausages are on the breakfast menu. Coincidence?
    when do we start seeing the massive investment in clean energy that Shitcoin is going to bring? I'll wait.

I'm planning a rooftop solar array for the purpose of mining. I built my house with a large southern roof surface just to do that. I'll post a pic when it's done. Someday, if I can put together, I'd like a big in ground array and really scale up. That's just a daydream at this point.

I wonder what Elon's game is anyway, very curious how his involvement with crypto will play out in the long run. What's the story on these green credits? Will he sell them like he does in Europe? Does he have some grand rooftop solar plan and trying to get more federal dollars? I guess we'll see in the coming months? Anyway, I'd love an explanation of all that.

So I bought the dip, got my last fill at 42185. I will buy more if it goes down further.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

LOL. I went on a bender. Been so quiet for a while. Had to get it out of my system!!! I did some day trading crypto in 2014 and in 2017.....
    I REALLY enjoyed reading all that, thank you.

I have two questions for you. What do you think about eth 2.0, not just proof of stake, but also sharding? I just finished the Lex Fridman/Vitalik interview and Vitalik said they are trying to do some things at large scale, for the first time ever and it was all very difficult. Makes me wonder if there will be some epic fail...or at least some big delays.

Also, I wonder what you think about chainlink. Have you looked at the link 2.0 paper? I'm taking a deeper dive and intending to get some expertise. It seems so important.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Never got the Crypto craze, but what's the transaction fee to move even just a single bitcoin?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Never got the Crypto craze, but what's the transaction fee to move even just a single bitcoin?
    I just moved some eth on Sunday and it was under $5, but I think you have to check the heatmap and Sunday is best. I'm pretty sure btc is less than eth.
    Henry David Thoreau

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czaz1608ylz61.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	369.8 KB 
ID:	374857

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    (1) I'm planning a rooftop solar array for the purpose of mining. I built my house with a large southern roof surface just to do that. I'll post a pic when it's done. Someday, if I can put together, I'd like a big in ground array and really scale up. That's just a daydream at this point. ...

(2) So I bought the dip, got my last fill at 42185. I will buy more if it goes down further.
    Well, I hope the dip tastes good. I figure the smart money left at $50K and won't return until it goes down the capital gains rate + a risk premium. So -14% then another -14% on top of that. I predict $36.98K. Lets' see how wrong I am

I REALLY enjoyed reading all that, thank you.

I have two questions for you. What do you think about eth 2.0, not just proof of stake, but also sharding? I just finished the Lex Fridman/Vitalik interview and Vitalik said they are trying to do some things at large scale, for the first time ever and it was all very difficult. Makes me wonder if there will be some epic fail...or at least some big delays.

Also, I wonder what you think about chainlink. Have you looked at the link 2.0 paper? I'm taking a deeper dive and intending to get some expertise. It seems so important.
    I don't really understand eth's plans for sharding (sharting? ) . I'd have to read up on it a lot. I remember 'sharding' with Omise-Go back in the day. They throw around these FAR OFF techs to keep investors in a constant state of arousal. They will have hiccups with the start of POS. It has potential vulnerabilities. Sharding might be a long way off or happen right after. I think ETH will do POS OK but then hit a bottle neck. It is a self-fulfilling prophesy. They will make it possible initially to do 120 tx/sec.

Then stuff like CryptoKitties will start up again due to good network and low fees. Then it will get congested, fees will increase and it will fade until they get to 1000 tx/sec. Then to 10,000 tx/sec. They will eventually have to create regional shards, token shards, all sorts of shards just to make sure the main network doesn't bottleneck.

There was a lot of talk of sharding with Omise-Go in 2017. That was a huge pump n dump. Huge. H U G E. Lots of info online re: Omise-Go.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/omise_go/co..._and_sharding/

Consider sharding to be just another of many promises made to add a level of "Future Proof" to it all. I wouldn't touch anything under top 2 in crypto. All others will bow the knee to ETH and BTC for a long time coming. So many scams, outright pump n dumps have rotated into the #3,#4,#5,#6 spots in the last 5 to 6 years. I won't mention coins. I don't want to offend anyone here.

I can't comment on Chainlink or the others. If a project uses trinary, LOL, or strange sounding computer languages, run for the door and sanitize your hands. Bitcoin is C. ETH is basically a version of javascript. Other's JAVA or GO. But when they choose a language that purposely discourages developers (even though they say they want them) then run. They do that to be obscure, exotic. But no one will get involved in the dev community. No one smart at least.

Eventually, the amount invested in child chains, in subchains, etc.,will exceed the investment in the token that secures the main chain (ETH beacon chain). When that happens there will be HUGE systemic risk. The assets staked will be in such low proportion to the assets securing it. This is why POS will eventually fail. It just will. DISTRUST doesn't scale. TRUST scales. Crypto is built on distrust (byzantine game theory).

edit: got rid of all my incoherent ramblings and just left the unsolicited advice and direct answers.
    GOOD LUCK.

Please share: what is your level of software development experience and knowledge? How long have you been mining? What WATTS will you consume? If proof of stake, you won't need watts, right? How long have you been around crypto and what have you learned? What are your real concerns about it, about the price, the tech and the ideology?
    Last edited by puregravity; 05-17-2021 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Dip buyers keep buying till they are tapped out and then change their timeframe to justify the losses because they don’t have a stop loss exit plan.

i decided to take some btc profit at 58ish, paid off my van(6500$), another small loan(5000$), gravel bike(first new to me bike in 10 yrs,4100$), moved btc into eth(1 eth at 4000$)

i'm still a whole coiner, paid ~10k for mine last fall, still up massively.

btc has been good to me.

videos like this have been making me laugh lately!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    i decided to take some btc profit at 58ish, paid off my van(6500$), another small loan(5000$), gravel bike(first new to me bike in 10 yrs,4100$), moved btc into eth(1 eth at 4000$)

i'm still a whole coiner, paid ~10k for mine last fall, still up massively.

btc has been good to me.
    CONGRATS! WELL DONE!
    Last edited by puregravity; 05-17-2021 at 04:32 PM.

No one is talking about May 18th. Why not? Isn't that the real news (not Elon)?

You mean May 17th (today) being tax day?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

You really don't know?

HODL GANG, HODL GANG, HODL GANG, HODL
    GANG, HODL GANG, HODL GANG, HODL GANG
    Throw your hands in the air man (fly)
    If you’re d-down with the blockchain (bbbrrrrr)
    I ain’t got time for the haters man (no)
    We about to grow to a million (grow)
    HODL GANG, HODL GANG, HODL GANG (ohhhh)
    Tell me, are you down with the crypto?

— Chris Record, HODL GANG - Bitcoin Rap Gucci Gang Remix

THE NEW MARKET MANIPULATION
    Tom C.W. Lin

It identifies traditional manipulation methods like cornering, front running, and pumping-and-dumping, as well as new manipulation methods like spoofing, pinging, and mass misinformation. It explains how new cybernetic market manipulation schemes that leverage modern technologies like electronic networks, social media, and artificial intelligence are more harmful than traditional schemes. The Article then grapples with why this new mode of market manipulation will present critical challenges for regulators.

Finally, it recommends three pragmatic proposals for combating the new threats of cybernetic market manipulation by improving intermediary integrity, enhancing financial cybersecurity, and simplifying investment strategies. Ultimately, this Article provides an original and improved framework for thinking and acting anew about market regulation, market operations, and market manipulation.

Nov 23, 2017 - Doge mooned. Exactly one month before BTC ATH.
    Feb 28th, 2018 - Kraken lost US banking. Two months after the big selloff of BTC after Dec 2017.

Crypto is a baby. The present reality is the bath water. I wonder how it was all perceived in 1800's and early 1900's with the inventions of coal/gas powered vehicles. With the paving of huge swaths of roads. With giant nuclear reactors. With masses of industrial pollution. And yet here we are today. I'm not against tech development. Not against the use of software in making the world a better place.

Good night.
    Last edited by puregravity; 05-18-2021 at 04:12 AM.

LOL. I went on a bender. Been so quiet for a while. Had to get it out of my system!!! I did some day trading crypto in 2014 and in 2017. Learned a lot of things about the ecosystem, the exchanges. I designed and coded a myriad of systems (server, client, mobile, desktop) in 2002-2010. I also did software in crypto. I did some development for crypto chains -- my code was a large portion of the framework that actually secured 'billions' of mkt. In one instance, I found major vulnerabilities in the code.

Today, I'd be happier serving coffee than as a dev or in corporate. That is clear to me. I'll be the one old white guy at the McDonald's counter serving people with a smile that is 100% not interested in 'success' as defined by job titles and/or paychecks and positions.
    I can't comment on Chainlink or the others. If a project uses trinary, LOL, or strange sounding computer languages, run for the door and sanitize your hands. Bitcoin is C. ETH is basically a version of javascript. Other's JAVA or GO. But when they choose a language that purposely discourages developers (even though they say they want them) then run. They do that to be obscure, exotic. But no one will get involved in the dev community. No one smart at least.
    For someone claiming years of experience you've been more than a little sloppy on the computer science side of things. For example, not understanding immutability, the difference between centralized and decentralized databases, the difference between contract languages and implementation languages, the difference between Ada Lovelace the English mathematician and Ada the programming language, etc.

None of it matters in the context of TGR but you can't claim to be an authority when you talk about sharding or whatever without knowing about functional data structures, formal verification, or the mathematical underpinnings of the various consensus mechanisms.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    For someone claiming years of experience you've been more than a little sloppy on the computer science side of things. For example, not understanding immutability, the difference between centralized and decentralized databases, the difference between contract languages and implementation languages, the difference between Ada Lovelace the English mathematician and Ada the programming language, etc.

None of it matters in the context of TGR but you can't claim to be an authority when you talk about sharding or whatever without knowing about functional data structures, formal verification, or the mathematical underpinnings of the various consensus mechanisms.
    PG probably just copy and pastes someone else's shit.

Trying to participate in this thread, but it's often just a nuisance basically full of gapers and msm style bullsh!t. Trying here. I'm also a coder, but not a PhD, so please be gentle with me and with PG.

I want to write more but jeebus the time gets away from me...down some kind of black hole I can't figure out. I had to file an extension on the taxes. hope I sent them enough money.
    Henry David Thoreau

Sorry, coder is called dev now? Shrug.
    Henry David Thoreau

Sorry, coder is called dev now? Shrug.
    PG has been a troll in this thread for a long time. So he doesn't deserve to receive gentle treatment here.

Yeah I have seen it. Making untrue statements, he has p!ssed me off for sure. But I hope we can find some common ground, I am sick to death of the polarization in our culture.

Be the change you want to see and all that.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    PG probably just copy and pastes someone else's shit.
    Nah Bro.

I'm just regurgitating my crypto journal notes for you. You and Stale never bother to ask. In 4 years on TGR in this thread you and every other 'investor' here never bothered to ask any vital questions about my involvement with crypto. You never asked why my initial posts when this thread started disappeared. You never asked about my work, education, experience as a dev, investment history or any other information that would have given you insight into where I am coming from.

I should have expected that from people that DYOR about 'crypto' as if they have the chops to understand the world where SCIENCE and GAMING ENTREPRENEURSHIP meet.

Welcome to Calvin Ayres world. To a world dominated by big as all fuck gaming magnates that are extracting every last cent from the working man with a smile while they dance on their Cayman island paradise getting blow jobs from fresh skin every fucking night.

If you had just asked politely, nicely, even simply JUST ASKED, I would have been glad to share what I did a few pages back. I used to be DEEP in crypto.

edit: I do care. I have a heart. But I also know too well that only 2% of people here will cash out, the other 98% fail. And you will never hear all about that because people don't share the losses like they share the fact that someone just financed their LAMBO in the game of Digital Beanie Baby Musical Chairs.

I LOVE YOU ALL Especially shera!