Page 118 of 641 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 16004
    Name:  d8I3pFP.png
Views: 430
Size:  17.1 KB

The dogs may bark, but the Millennial's that invested in Grey-scale,
    will be buying discount ski jackets
    on the grey markets
    for years to come.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

"QuadrigaCX widow ‘heartbroken’ over exhumation request."

Well I guess so.
    I mean, maybe she doesn't even know if it is him or not.

He willed her $9M just before he allegedly died.
    If I was her, I wouldn't even look.
    Just bury the fucker and give me my $9M!

And let's say, it isn't him and she was fleeced.
    Then she doesn't get the deal because ... the courts won't certify that he is dead for legal and insurance purposes.

If he is alive, the money forensics will eventually catch up to him.

And she changed her name 3 times, before they even met.
    Shady as AF.
    When movie?
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

My friend did, I didn't.

BTC Still not zero. Best investment of the decade. Just wait until the Fidelity fund managers get the directive to start allocating a few points of their customers' portfolios to BTC. Just getting started.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/17/inves...oin/index.html

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

The decade is almost over — and one incredibly volatile investment stood out from all the rest as the best of the 2010s. Want to guess what it was?

Bitcoin.

According to a recent report by Bank of America Securities, if you invested $1 in bitcoin at the start of the decade, it would now be worth more than $90,000...

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    BTC Still not zero. Best investment of the decade. Just wait until the Fidelity fund managers get the directive to start allocating a few points of their customers' portfolios to BTC. Just getting started.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/17/inves...oin/index.html

The decade is almost over — and one incredibly volatile investment stood out from all the rest as the best of the 2010s. Want to guess what it was?

Bitcoin.

According to a recent report by Bank of America Securities, if you invested $1 in bitcoin at the start of the decade, it would now be worth more than $90,000...

That's nothing.
    You should have invested in Tulips in 1634.
    They returned over 100,000 times the initial investment in only one year.

Bit con o metrics
    con
    Bit con

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    You know what hurts? Selling off much of the GBTC that I bought for under $4 because I'm a fucking hobo. God damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    You know what hurts? Selling off much of the GBTC that I bought for under $4 because I'm a fucking hobo. God damnit.
    You bought it for under $4? Or sold it for under $4?

At least you were smart enough to stay away from altcoins and scam exchanges.

All I thought I knew about Barry Silbert (a la Greyscale), is something someone told me,
    that he kept Ethereum Classic alive to find a way to profit from it. Which has since gone the way of the dinosaurs.
    The people that bought all the ETC during the 2017 ETC/ETH fork, bought it for cents on the dollar, and then they owned it all,
    to pump n dump if they wished.

Greyscale. Ahem. Cough cough. What the #$% were you thinking?

Barry Silbert and the Cost of Bitcoin’s Malfeasance Culture
    https://medium.com/@charlescmackay/b...e-f83d15ad07d1

Whatever your outcome and investment outlook,
    be glad you didn't get Mt. Goxed (100% of everyone that initially invested in BTC 10 years ago),
    or suffer the huge Bitfinex hack loss in 2016 (or 2017??)
    or suffer from the many and numerous exchange 'hacks' before and since.

BTC and crypto has been a very efficient means of separating people from their wealth, since the very inception.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    You bought it for under $4? Or sold it for under $4?

At least you were smart enough to stay away from altcoins and scam exchanges.

All I thought I knew about Barry Silbert (a la Greyscale), is something someone told me,
    that he kept Ethereum Classic alive to find a way to profit from it. Which has since gone the way of the dinosaurs.

Greyscale. Ahem. Cough cough. What the #$% were you thinking?

Barry Silbert and the Cost of Bitcoin’s Malfeasance Culture
    https://medium.com/@charlescmackay/b...e-f83d15ad07d1
    Bought for under $4.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Bought for under $4.
    Well played!

YouTube banned Cryptocurrency-related videos.

Ha ha ha.
    Ho Ho Ho.

But the really good news is that they left up
    Bizonacci

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTU...tjemYoQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by m20adb View Post
    https://medium.com/the-bitcoin-times...g-fc1344c46bc1

The cat is out of the bag
    Bitcoin is everyone’s problem now

Attachment 308285

Great read! Nic must not have gotten PG's email telling him BTC is going to zero. Probably went to his spam folder or something.

Why bother using perfectly reasonable and logical arguments to try and combat entrenched greed and delusion? Doing that in person is hard enough. Across the internet, when there are so many echo chambers the people can retreat to for encouragement and support ... it's virtually impossible.

Even though cryptocurrency is horrible (a lot of people are going to lose, relatively few can "win"), the whole cryptocurrency thing is really an interesting experiment. Watching it unfold, watching the coin shills, the scammers and the scams, the 3000+ shitcoins, and thinking about the psychology behind FOMO, HODL, strong hands vs weak hands, the PUMPS, the DUMPS, the bogus rarity claims, the buzzwords, the "secret knowledge", the MEMEs, the infighting between the crypto cults, etc is really incredibly interesting.

The people in the cult seem to think of themselves as creating a new future, when all they are doing is buying a ticket in a corrupt lottery. It is really extremely "cult-ish" behavior. We probably (hopefully) wont see another experiment like this in our life times.

~Crypto_To_The_Core

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Why bother using perfectly reasonable and logical arguments to try and combat entrenched greed and delusion? Doing that in person is hard enough. Across the internet, when there are so many echo chambers the people can retreat to for encouragement and support ... it's virtually impossible.

Even though cryptocurrency is horrible (a lot of people are going to lose, relatively few can "win"), the whole cryptocurrency thing is really an interesting experiment. Watching it unfold, watching the coin shills, the scammers and the scams, the 3000+ shitcoins, and thinking about the psychology behind FOMO, HODL, strong hands vs weak hands, the PUMPS, the DUMPS, the bogus rarity claims, the buzzwords, the "secret knowledge", the MEMEs, the infighting between the crypto cults, etc is really incredibly interesting.

The people in the cult seem to think of themselves as creating a new future, when all they are doing is buying a ticket in a corrupt lottery. It is really extremely "cult-ish" behavior. We probably (hopefully) wont see another experiment like this in our life times.

~Crypto_To_The_Core
    What a shame. The entire history of money has always been about magnanimity until Bitcoin came around.

Although, your post actually makes a great case for Bitcoin because BTC removes trust from the equation. A person sending 1000 BTC or one moving 5 Satoshis has the same rights and censorship resistant abilities as anyone else via the BTC protocol. So in that sense it's a great equalizer for many.

Weeeell, I'm not going to comment.
    The stage is all yours.
    2020 is all yours!
    Let's see you moon!

Can't wait to see your fancy cars and testimonials to the truth of blockchain pyramidonomics.
    I mean, if you both are right, then you won't be wasting your time shilling it anymore.
    You will just ride into the sunset with your winnings.
    And what unbelievable amazing winnings it will be!!
    Could be $100,000 in a few months.
    You could be rich.
    Who wants to miss out on that!

Yes, the book is good.
    I gave away my copy to a friend after I read it.
    Cheers!

In the event you value time, read this thread:

https://twitter.com/Breedlove22/stat...38710152564738

Name:  1_x3GD1BPMrpvek9DH6CifPw.jpeg
Views: 440
Size:  87.2 KB

Bears look like they're losing control.

20th century was the century of the nation-state.

21st century is the century of liberalized informational & monetary flows. Internet can't be stopped by and large, money can now move via these open information channels (BTC), individuals can now force nation-states to compete for access to their forward productivity.

The fallacious & destructive regimes of war, inflationism & appeal to authority are living on borrowed time.
    Bit coin Jesus

Bitcoin is ushering in UTOPIA!!

LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Deflationary booms (1820 - 1860, 1870 - 1900): real incomes rise, risky behavior is discouraged at a cultural and national level, prosperity is broad-based, social cohesion strengthens around commonly shared principles - a refocus on the objective & what's important, consumerism as a distraction. Critical theory wanes as real welfare gains dilute the appeal of collectivism.
    "Social cohesion strengthens around commonly shared principles," so says 1861, "I came here in peace, seeking gold and slaves and all I got was this stupid war."

Is there an applied use of blockchain other than unregulated trading vehicles?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

So no practical use at this time other than speculative asset vehicle.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Speculating in unregulated assets used largely for criminal enterprise is acceptable behavior vs taxable property ownership. Ok

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Speculating in unregulated assets used largely for criminal enterprise is acceptable behavior vs taxable property ownership. Ok
    You have to pay taxes on Bitcoin gains in the U.S. and there are Bitcoin options and futures on regulated exchanges.

Also, Bitcoin is mostly HODLed. As of July 2019, 60% of Bitcoin hadn't been moved in over a year. As of November 2019, 21% of Bitcoin hadn't been moved in over 5 years.

It's actually pretty dumb to use Bitcoin for illegal transactions. Your public keys, public keys you've transacted with and transaction amounts are all public knowledge. While authorites can't prove which public keys belong to a specific person (unless those keys are associated with an exchange account or they get a criminal's private keys), they can use the blockchain info to shed light on an investigation. It's still much smarter to do illegal transactions with laundered cash.

Privacy coins like Monero are being conflated with Bitcoin to the public. Bitcoin is trustless, not anonymous.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."