Page 186 of 218 FirstFirst ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 5441
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Did you seriously just cite Jamie Dimon as a man of principles? Lol... I mean.
    Well, I guess everyone actually has them. They just differ.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Sorry but that guy is a huge douchebag piece of shit... so anything he says can be pretty much disregarded immediately. Financially too - that motherfucker had to get bailed out so he can't talk shit about anything.

Like I said, I'm no crypto fan boy, but using the words of institutional dicks like that who have screwed up on a much higher level is hardly a counter argument.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Sorry but that guy is a huge douchebag piece of shit... so anything he says can be pretty much disregarded immediately. Financially too - that motherfucker had to get bailed out so he can't talk shit about anything.

Like I said, I'm no crypto fan boy, but using the words of institutional dicks like that who have screwed up on a much higher level is hardly a counter argument.
    Just to clarify, I was stating that HSBC has principles (in this case at least). I guess it wasn't clear. My second point was that even unprincipled people have principles - they are just the wrong ones. Now I'm not saying it is right/wrong to list cryptos as a banking/investment company -- as long as the risks are made clear and clients are not misled. HSBC has made the right decision as far as I see it and they can still reconsider at a later date.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

"Downtime"

Name:  IgrKtUx.png
Views: 210
Size:  79.2 KB

You should look back at how many times you have felt the need to write that.

BTC and Crypto have officially jumped the shark when the mainstream and the Markets all want a piece.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    JPMorgan Chase
    ===============
    CEO Jamie Dimon said in House testimony Thursday that his company — the nation’s largest bank — was debating how to make it available in a safe way. But Dimon's personal advice? “Stay away from it.”

“That does not mean the clients don't want it,” Dimon said. “It goes back to how you have to run a business. I don't smoke marijuana, but if you make it nationally legal I'm not going to stop our people from banking it.”

HSBC
    =====
    We don't want anything to do with that crack. We don't want our clients to touch it in any form. No crypto. No crypto exposed stocks. Fuck that shit.

Ah. Principles. Some have it. Some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Just to clarify, I was stating that HSBC has principles (in this case at least).
    What about this case?

https://www.icij.org/investigations/...undering-fine/

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You should look back at how many times you have felt the need to write that.

BTC and Crypto have officially jumped the shark when the mainstream and the Markets all want a piece.
    Enlighten me to WTF you’re talking about.

I’ve been very clear I don’t think crypto is saving the world. Just another stock at this point.

Just another stock at this point.

When a "YouTuber Influencer" goes on an old timer podcast and spends majority of time spewing off on why cryptocurrency is 'The Future', we now know that this entire charade is largely being built-up by those who "bought in early".

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    What about this case?

https://www.icij.org/investigations/...undering-fine/

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Uhh... not to mention HSBC was found to be heavily involved with hiding away money stolen by the Nazis from Jews. Principles... hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How about CDSs designed to insure crypto swings? And most western banks playing in that sandbox, because profit. Then, the rating agencies get involved by saying, hey, for a fee, we'll give it all a triple AAA rating. When has that ever happened? True innovation!

Of course Scarmucci wants to legitimize this garbage. He talked up Trump, after all. Fidelity doesnt surprise me, they're snakes.
    Wait. Haven't you ever heard of a Federal bailout?
    Isn't that the safety net premise all banks and funds operate on these days?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Good point and a reason for caution on BTC. There is no backstop or support. Not that other currencies should.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    If there was a fed bailout for banks because they fucked up all around crypto, I'd fucking storm congress along with the Trumptards.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Uhh... not to mention HSBC was found to be heavily involved with hiding away money stolen by the Nazis from Jews. Principles... hahaha.
    Which is to say ... if a bank that sees no problem with money laundering and Nazi loot decides to ban your pet rock, then maybe they are actually really really coincerned about it! Perhaps they really do think about protecting their customers and reputation. It is a slippery slope but there is only so low a bank can go. The crooks limbo is a game best lost.

So you're arguing that crypto is worse than the Nazis now? lol...

Banks DGAF. Look, argue against crypto all you want but let's not use these people as some kind of point of judgement.

Banks DGAF. Look, argue against crypto all you want but let's not use these people as some kind of point of judgement.
    I'm not saying crypto is worse than the Nazis. HSBC is the one that judged it the way they did, not me. Or perhaps they don't think it that bad but don't think it much better. Ransomware, black markets, thousands of Ponzi schemes, all built on a platform that pollutes the earth to high hell. It is hard to judge which of two wells is deeper when looking down their ominous black holes.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A very little coin base pro, some binance.Us, kucoin, and then you have the amm exchanges.
    Any recommendations for a beginner exchange for alt coins? I've been using robinhood for bitcoin and ethereum, but robinhood doesn't do the alt coins. A lot of articles recommend coin base but when reading on reddit a lot say anything but coin base because of the high fees.

Coin base pro may have higher fees but the app / platform works really well. Better than most traditional trading platforms like Fidelity, Etrade, etc.

Crypto.com is likely the answer to your question, however, as I believe there are more alt coins on there than Coinbase.

Coin base pro may have higher fees but the app / platform works really well. Better than most traditional trading platforms like Fidelity, Etrade, etc.

Crypto.com is likely the answer to your question, however, as I believe there are more alt coins on there than Coinbase.
    You like coinbase pro over coinbase even for rookies?

I am not impressed with coinbase for alts, well I do have eth and link there but I mean generally speaking. Maybe look at Kraken and Kucoin to see if they have what you want to buy.

Not to sound like a maxi here, but I hope you are going slow with the alts - they are mostly hopes and dreams and not so much an actual product...but good luck! I'm watching two low cap alts, trying to figure out if they actually matter and how much I am willing to spend.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

After robinhood or paypal, the next logical step is to figure out coinbase pro. I find the fees reasonable and I like to make limit orders. It ain't that hard and it's like most other exchanges anyway.

I think I just read that paypal will let you send your coins now?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Thanks. I think I'll go with coinbase pro after checking to see if they have the coin I'm looking for.

Yeah, I'm going small with alt coins. Mentality is I'm throwing this money away and if I get lucky then I'll be stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I think I just read that paypal will let you send your coins now?
    Venmo too.

Wait, what? Wasn't your earlier argument slavery was worse so bitcoin isn't that bad? Also, help us understand the logic here. Is it bad things happened in the past so folks should never strive for improvement, for marginal gains, or is it something else?

Exactly. I’m not a crypto fan boi but the ethical hypocrisy is incredible. Profits have been feasted upon pain and misery since the beginning of currency.

Let’s be honest, that so called American exceptionalism was built on the backs of slaves, for example.