Page 415 of 650 FirstFirst ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 16239
    It's all the same.

Unfortunately though BAD traditional finance does not mean DeFi is GOOD.

Also, the European banks are as good as dead. The next financial panic will come from them or Japan (Negative Rates Destroy Banks, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies when rates go up) oh and USD going up makes these problems worse around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Unfortunately though BAD traditional finance does not mean DeFi is GOOD.
    No it just means it's all the same, and the tiny 1-2T digital asset space compared to the hundreds of trillions of tradfi means the scumbags of tradfi are behemoths. But it is still all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    No it just means it's all the same, and the tiny 1-2T digital asset space compared to the hundreds of trillions of tradfi means the scumbags of tradfi are behemoths. But it is still all the same.
    Are you ignorant? Being willfully blind?

Look at how much retail money has been lost in DeFi scams/fraud/negligence, whatever you want to call it, over the past couple months. And these were big, ‘well respected’, players.

TradFi obviously isn’t perfect, but it seems pretty obvious at this point that you should expect a much greater chance of losing a significant chunk of your investment with a DeFi company than a TradFi company.

He's right, they're the same, it's just DeFi also lacks even the minimum of financial regulation.

https://www.reuters.com/business/fin...ng-2022-07-14/

1.19 billion deficit on the Celsius balance sheets
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    1.19 billion deficit on the Celsius balance sheets
    "These interest rate returns are amazing! Almost too good to be true!"

Celsius business plan: "Completely sound as long as crypto valuation goes up forever with new people constantly giving us their money"

You mean I can’t get low risk 15-20% returns by investing in projects with no substantial revenue streams? WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I'm still trying to digest what this means, truly. Might be trying to figure it out for the rest of my life...
    The “bank” you trust is part of the risk you take. It should minimized as much as possible. And as said before me, in crypto there are even fewer, if any protections that someone won’t just disappear with you Lt money.

I’m a crypto beginner, but if I ever bought a sizable amount of Bitcoin I’d seek every way possible not to use anyone. I believe that’s one of the benefits of Bitcoin, you can park it in a thumb drive.

I have about 2000 with Coinbase and if I woke up and it was all gone I wouldn’t be surprised. I won’t even use charles Schwab for my retirement accounts because they let people take out mortgages against their portfolio s.

I know it’s a 1 in a million chance, but why take it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    He's right, they're the same, it's just DeFi also lacks even the minimum of financial regulation.
    Roughly speaking defi mkt was around $100Bn in mid 2021, and estimates I’ve seen are $12Bn lost in fraud in 2021. So about a 12% chance.

Pretty sure Tradfi fraud losses are considerably smaller in percentage terms.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FXqIv9YVEAEa_Pm.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	421510
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Roughly speaking defi mkt was around $100Bn in mid 2021, and estimates I’ve seen are $12Bn lost in fraud in 2021. So about a 12% chance.

Pretty sure Tradfi fraud losses are considerably smaller in percentage terms.
    If TradFi had the same lack of regulation it would likely be similar. That's why regulations are in place.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

I’d guess that the general suspension of reality in defi is responsible for a few percentage points all on its own.
    focus.

Sounds like even that -$1.2B deficit might be optimistic:

Name:	7414C73D-F3D1-4B80-A89B-6EB48184778E.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	421531

thread: https://twitter.com/bennetttomlin/st...PAeoojSB42k_LQ

Yeah, well, doom and gloom. It could also be wrong in the other direction over time. That's a snapshot. Fwiw my guess at 80% was a good one, just hope I can get that back into my dirty pockets.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Are we to believe the entity that acts like a bank, whose users treat it as a bank, but doesn’t want to be a bank so it doesn’t have to be regulated like a bank is experiencing the same problems as banks before bank regulations were instituted?

Most banks weren’t run by scammers; the quote I liked was “they were too dumb to run a Ponzi scheme”

I’m sure that will get better once it is stated using GAAP with Audited figures 🤣🤣🤣.

Yeah, well, doom and gloom. It could also be wrong in the other direction over time. That's a snapshot. Fwiw my guess at 80% was a good one, just hope I can get that back into my dirty pockets.
    I'd bet on 20-50%. At most. It sucks and I'm rooting for you, but this is exactly the shit we were all warning people against.

If they could pay out 80% they wouldn’t have gone bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I’m sure that will get better once it is stated using GAAP with Audited figures 🤣🤣🤣.
    “Fresh start accounting”
    Just need a few of those line items fair valued…

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Are we to believe the entity that acts like a bank, whose users treat it as a bank, but doesn’t want to be a bank so it doesn’t have to be regulated like a bank is experiencing the same problems as banks before bank regulations were instituted?
    So weird, just saw this on reddit,
    Do you mean to tell me the entity that acts like a bank, whose users treat it as a bank, but doesn’t want to be a bank so it doesn’t have to be regulated like a bank is experiencing the same problems as banks before bank regulations were instituted? Something something shocked pikachu face.

Regurgitated?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/...t_doesnt_have/
    Henry David Thoreau

So weird, just saw this on reddit,
    Do you mean to tell me the entity that acts like a bank, whose users treat it as a bank, but doesn’t want to be a bank so it doesn’t have to be regulated like a bank is experiencing the same problems as banks before bank regulations were instituted? Something something shocked pikachu face.

Regurgitated?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/...t_doesnt_have/
    Yep top comment - edited so it wasn’t directed at “you”.

Celsius is completely insolvent. How anyone thinks they're going to see a penny is laughable.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Sorry Shera, however my experience with companies forced into bankruptcy protection (a half dozen perhaps) is 10 or 20 cents on the dollar. If anything.

Note: not "my" companies but ones I either held stock in or companies that my firm did work for. 80 cents on the dollar is unlikely.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!