Page 493 of 640 FirstFirst ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,325 of 15979
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    The report also says dollars are only worth something because of the strength of the US military which is a point I've been arguing for years,
    Do you have any receipts to back up this statement? Because the only example I could find is someone else making a similar point as the Whitehouse report followed by you arguing they were wrong b/c the U.S. military is bad. That's not the same thing, of course. Here's the WH rationale for the strength of the U.S dollar:

1) The dollar is the only way to pay taxes
    2) The strength of U.S. institutions, legal system, and military
    3) Shared social trust in the dollar

The last item #3 is important because if as you say the dollar is failing then Bitcoin is failing even more in terms of recent relative purchasing power. The fact is your talking points about the dollar failing are nonsense. We know they're nonsense because you just spent the past few days complaining about how crypto isn't allowed to play in the U.S. dollar backed financial system. That's item #2 in the list above for those playing along at home.

https://decrypt.co/124392/do-kown-ar...er-of-interior

Do Kuan of Luna/Terra fame getting some justice?

So what is your take on Powell and Yellen? Do you honestly think they are doing a good job?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    1. Ask again late this Friday.
    it is late Friday, my answer is yes, all in all an unexciting week.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Sooooo Binance rekt and BTC volume will flow to Fidelity and NASDAQ?

'MicroStrategy repaid its $205M Silvergate loan at a 22% discount. As of 3/23/23, $MSTR acquired an additional ~6,455 bitcoins for ~$150M at an average of ~$23,238 per #bitcoin & held ~138,955 BTC acquired for ~$4.14B at an average of ~$29,817 per bitcoin.'
    https://twitter.com/saylor
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

MSTR even steven.

I'm still hoping for a pullback but if we hold 30k the bottom may have been 17. Who the f knows. I'll be buying this spring summer.

Oh no! The end is nigh!!! Sell all your worldly possessions and put it all into Bitcoin!

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news...gital-currency

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Oh no! The end is nigh!!! Sell all your worldly possessions and put it all into Bitcoin!

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news...gital-currency
    "Published on 19 April 2021"

Thanks for the breaking news man.

"Published on 19 April 2021"

Thanks for the breaking news man.

Damn Twitter. Tricked me into thinking this was news. Fucked by Musk again!

Hey, on the plus side, they haven’t stolen every British persons money yet!

I’d wonder why no one cares about the Binance scam documents, but people are talking up MSTR

I'm glad to see the cftc come out swinging finally and prefer that oversight to the sec. I can't speak to the merits but am enjoying my (virtual) popcorn.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Uh oh more trouble

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...a/11556789002/

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried has been accused of funneling $40 million in bribes to two or more Chinese officials in order to release assets connected to his cryptocurrency business, an unsealed indictment on Tuesday shows.

The new charges are the latest legal troubles for the 31-year-old cryptocurrency entrepreneur, who has faced a series of fraud allegations since he was arrested last December in the Bahamas.

Bankman-Fried's most recent indictment, unsealed by the Southern District Court of New York, alleges conspiracy to violate the anti-bribery provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

Probably nothing.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/chin...tled-lng-trade

Chinese national oil company CNOOC 0883.HK, 600938.SS and France's TotalEnergies TTEF.PA have completed China's first yuan-settled LNG trade through the Shanghai Petroleum and Natural Gas Exchange, the exchange said on Tuesday.

Probably nothing.
    Holy Shit!

stalefish is right for once.

Holy Shit!

stalefish is right for once.
    Hmmmmmm

https://watcher.guru/news/saudi-arab...-asian-nations

Hmmmmmm

https://watcher.guru/news/saudi-arab...-asian-nations

And?

BRICS will be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    BRICS will be a thing.
    BRICS is already a thing. Don’t seem to be thriving, and don’t see adopting the yuan creating significant changes there (if that’s what they all end up doing). The biggest issue is governance, not currency.

BRICS is already a thing. Don’t seem to be thriving, and don’t see adopting the yuan creating significant changes there (if that’s what they all end up doing). The biggest issue is governance, not currency.
    the biggest issue is they need something to buy, and coiner dipshits don’t get this.

anyways, byates is drooling moron who fantasizes about gsngbangs like the homeless incel he is

Competition might cause people to be less lazy about market regulation.

The Binance thing is hilarious and 100% on-brand for crypto.
    https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/27/2...n-signal-notes

Choice quotes: An employee with the title Money Laundering Reporting Officer told Lim “I HAZ NO CONFIDENCE IN OUR GEOFENCING.”
    Lim on Russian accounts: “Like come on. They are here for crime.” The response from our friend the Money Laundering Reporting Officer? “we see the bad, but we close 2 eyes.” My love, the meme is I pretend I do not see it.
    Binance is trading on its own platform through 300 accounts that are “directly or indirectly” owned by Zhao. It hasn’t told its customers that, though!
    Binance’s policy was that no one had to do KYC as long as the customer withdrew less than two Bitcoin a day. “The notional value of two BTC in July 2019 was more than $22,000 and in March 2021 was more than $100,000,” the complaint says.

Oh yeah, really a good look for crypto that 100% of major exchanges seem to be propped up by the fact they're basically just money laundering.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the biggest issue is they need something to buy, and coiner dipshits don’t get this.

anyways, byates is drooling moron who fantasizes about gsngbangs like the homeless incel he is
    You think 20/30 yrs from now everything will be exactly the same w the US petrodollar? Ya ok bud.

I own 2 homes fully paid for one producing income.

I travel and ski 100 days a year in a brand new 2022 van.

You are a pile of fucking garbage.

If I were a pile of garbage I’d be pumping digital tulips, shitstain. Get fucked, hope your van gets impounded

Ah the sad misery of dunfree.
    I might go to mammoth for a month and a half, record year. Ski well into may.

What are you going to do dunfree, be a miserable piece of shit insulting ppl on a ski forum?

Wow, mammoth in may? What a dream! The entire eastern sierra and you show your ass with that

keep pushing scams to widows and orphans fucker