Page 36 of 650 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Ripple makes 0 sense to me, but this market is 100% irrational. I swear people are just buying whatever can get them the most coins. But if it dips again, I'll probably try to catch it.

ADA and NEO are on a run. I'm hoping ETH can get past $900 this week.

I've been keeping an eye on a Discord channel that's got some interesting chatter in it. LMK if you want the link/invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Walmart is working on a program in China for the exact supply chain scenario. Problem right now is that all those places are private companies. They're getting snatched up by the big boys..

Quantum computing is where all this shit really takes off. #secure

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    US grocery stores (and I assume other companies) are doing this too, working with IBM and, through them, Ethereum.

I know Cardano is working on quantum resistance (https://cardanoroadmap.com/). Who else?

Amex partnered with ripple to launch their first blockchain based product, a forex sub product.
    Ripple is the company I wish I could buy stock in.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    Ripple makes 0 sense to me, but this market is 100% irrational. I swear people are just buying whatever can get them the most coins. But if it dips again, I'll probably try to catch it.

ADA and NEO are on a run. I'm hoping ETH can get past $900 this week.

I've been keeping an eye on a Discord channel that's got some interesting chatter in it. LMK if you want the link/invite.
    Thats strange because ripple makes the most sense to me. Disruptive payment technology that has a real world use. I've got a few thousand XRP coins offline on a wallet and they have treated me well so far. Despite that, I honestly believe its not even scratching the surface of its forex uses. My honest hope is that "coins" could be converted to common shares at some point in future. Like buying into the visa or mastercard payment universe 40 years ago.
    Either way it was gambling money for me and has done way better then Thanskgiving at the Venetia roulette tables did for me.

Wonder when Coinbase will add Ripple? That will cause another shitshow like BCH.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Ripple.... ohhhhh ya

100 for neo. Next up, 200.

http://www.businessinsider.com/inter...auddev-test432

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Ah.....hahahaha. There is justice in this world.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/02/bitc...e-amounts.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    100 for neo. Next up, 200.
    Here's hoping for that. I'm also glad that ADA is jumping up—$1.30 and still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/inter...auddev-test432

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Get a life. You act as if the entire history of money has only been occupied by trustworthy and honest individuals. Unfortunately, the whole world is full of grifters, even some "charities" are scams. Is there some unscrupulous behavior in the crypto space? Of course there is. But there is also a lot of amazing innovation occurring as well. Writing it all off is unfair and naive.

Rippleeeee.... trx doubled in the last 2 days.... day traders are killing it if they are good... I'm just on hodl... I lose Lil by Lil when I try n play them .

Giddeeyup on BTS, XLM, XRP, TRX AND ADA for the last three days...insane. Question is now....what to do...cash out too soon, like Peter Lynch advises in 'one up on wall street'...or...hold on for long term ride the highs and lows...or...keep moving up the stop loss that sells into bitusd and hold till a correction looks like it's at or near or rebounding from a bottom. Problem with the damn stop loss is flash crash blowing the stops or setting the stop to close to price and then due to the damn volatility of these coins triggering a sell and the damn thing rebounds and recovers in the next 15 minutes...

Anyone wise out there that could share some technical advise?

Are any of you guys into ICO's? Have a buddy that carpet bombed 15 of them and is grinning large these days from a few that hit. Dragoncoin, utrust and genesis vision...unreal returns. Might still be good upside potential on these lil puppies.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Anyone wise out there that could share some technical advise?
    Did you define a timeframe and risk for the trade? What is your profit objective?

Technically, with this much volatility, IMO, you need to work off the daily or weekly chart at a minimum.

With transaction costs day trading is typically a fools errand and 24 hour volatility makes it that much more difficult.

Did you define a timeframe and risk for the trade?
    Long term for total money. Willing to make short/med moves based on market and alt coin beta as it arises.

What is your profit objective?
    Maximum with an acceptance of the potential of losing it all. I didn't put much money in. I remember a few things from Peter Lynch's 'one up on wall street' and one of em was don't risk what you can't afford to lose.

A buddy of mine used this example having beers around a campfire a while ago. He looks at me straight in the eye and says:

Picture your money in cash in a paper bag. Now throw it on a fire and watch it burn. How do you feel? Does it hurt? Put a number on what amount of cash you have in that paper bag and not feel the pain of watching it all go up in flames.

So I did and that's what I'm gambling with.

...figured I'd throw in some cash, spin the wheel and see what happens. Gambling money. Have some friends in the game and they're giving me tips on what and when to buy/sell. Just learning the technical terms of trading jargon and hope to day trade IF or once I get a handle on things...fees seem pretty low per transaction. Kinda have to make a lot of money to have profits after all the fees of putting fiat money into the process flow and then on the cashing out back into fiat money so willing to risk to maximize the return....and accept a washout loss as a possibility.

Technically, with this much volatility, IMO, you need to work off the daily or weekly chart at a minimum.
    I've been watching the one minute, five minute and fifteen minute charts when time allows through most of the days for last few weeks. I find the bollinger bands fascinating and have made some moves based on BB squeezes.

With transaction costs day trading is typically a fools errand and 24 hour volatility makes it that much more difficult.
    The fees per trade seem pretty reasonable on Binance, all things considered. The fees in general are so high in this crpto world with the three step process to move fiat into and again out of the exchanges/into/out of coins that I can accept all of it as simply the cost of doing business in this high risk/high return context.

I haven't done the math...but I am curious if we take 100 bucks of fiat money and get it into cryptos xchange, make 30 percent and cash out..at the end of the day how much real money ends up in your hands compared to that same Hundo put through the system of the normal markets through a discount brokerage or private broker/brokerage and the fees that they charge?

Also, I own a few tokens on the Bitshares decentralized exchange. Trading fees are one cent per trade (0.01213 BTS which is $0.01 USD) ...one of the advantages of Bitshares. Good upside potential for that BTS world, imo. Use BTS as a trading pair for the tokens and watch things climb to the moon in the long run. Hopefully. Word on the street is an upward bump after next week when an Asian exchange switches to the BTS platform introducing millions of new users to the trading platform...but who knows, could all be bullshit. But don't pros say buy the rumor/sell the news?

Dellusionaly optimistic here...just like in the skiing context. lol. i.e. if the snow goes to shit, it will always come back better. If this season sucked there's always next year which is gonna rock. My skis suck so a new pair will make me the best skier on the mountain. Etc....

Crazy world this crypto madness. The doom and gloomers pontificate that it's a Tulip bubble ready to burst. The visionaries looking into the crystal ball sing the praises and hallelujah of a paradigm shift with unlimited upside potential....who the fuck knows where the truth lies...but...might as well gamble a few bucks and see where it goes, cause one thing is for certain; If you don't play you can't win.

Kinda thinking barring some major black swan event things might just go to the moon. Look at the market cap of crytos...750 billion atm compared to the NYSE at 18 trillion or so...apples to oranges? Maybe but this shit is global...wait till all the mainstreamers start hopping aboard and see what happens...or not. Who knows, but for now, in this exact moment...I'm comforted by one of the other things the pros say; the trend is your friend. Who knows where that trend will go in two hours, half a day...tomorrow though.

In the time it took to type this shit out and edit it, TRON went up another 30 percent and the Binance exchange is not functional...guessing it's totally overloaded again. Lol.

We sure do live in interesting times.
    Last edited by swissiphic; 01-04-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    Master of mediocrity.

I wanted a shitcoin so I now own ada.

Anyone having problems with the binance app??

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    Anyone having problems with the binance app??
    Yeah it lost my login credentials and made me reenter this morning. Hopefully not a hack. Or something.

Ethereum $1,000. NEO holding gains very well.

Was just able to get back on binance.. Damm scared me this mornig.... trx wow... been watching it since 7 cents... crazy

Ripple about to dump? Its not going on GDAX.

Cant they mine as much ripple as they want?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

The ride on ripple reminds me of the stress being skiff man seining salmon when it's blowing 40 and 10 ft seas

Hot dam

‘I can see the digitals hanging in there if the dollar rolls over. Toxic market is dollar and Yuen rolling over same time.

For all the talk of BTC having set the high, alts have gained the equivalent of BTC's value in 5 days. Incredible money flow, irrespective of sustainability or motives.