Page 272 of 649 FirstFirst ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 16214
    I think everybody can agree that we hope stale, shera, and all the other crypto mags get lambo rich, stale being an insufferable cunt notwithstanding. I can drink to that.

We can also believe that BTC is a net negative to the economy, environment, and society in general at the same time, even if there are anecdotal examples of the opposite being true.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ Meh, whatever and to each their own. Here is to hoping that Stale and Shera make a killing.
    Thanks man! Hope Santa brings you plenty of bottomless pow turns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I think everybody can agree that we hope stale, shera, and all the other crypto mags get lambo rich, stale being an insufferable cunt notwithstanding. I can drink to that.

We can also believe that BTC is a net negative to the economy, environment, and society in general at the same time, even if there are anecdotal examples of the opposite being true.
    Wow. Really feeling the holiday spirit this year, aren't we? Stay classy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    pink lambos for their world destroying mlm scheme, that they spew like beehive haired geezers.
    You guys don't even have fresh criticism. Lambos are soooo 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    You guys don't even have fresh criticism. Lambos are soooo 2017.

Lambos are lore. Why does it need to be fresh? How the fuck are you the one to decide that anyways?

Truly, dude, I hope you get rich.
    focus.

My late Dec price prediction for BTC is about 50k

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    My late Dec price prediction for BTC is about 50k
    Nice! I’m predicting ETH will be at about $4k in that last week of December 2021. I’ve got a good feeling about this.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

CFI v. DeFI:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crypto (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	737.2 KB 
ID:	398199

The TRG machine is broken, but meme the fuck out of that. Also illustrates the complete difference btw film and digital. I can't remove the old attachment from another thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Welcome.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	398198  
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 12-25-2021 at 11:02 PM.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

——

And for all the triggered cult members who keep reacting as if they get to dictate what gets posted in a padded room crypto thread:

Yes I am shilling FJB coin!
    Yes I think everyone should buy! (so I can later dump it for profit)
    Yes this is financial advice.

I'm still pretty skeptical, but this article -- Web3/Crypto: Why Bother? -- is the most cogent argument I've seen to date in favor of blockchain as a disruptive technology. Even more so than Stalefish's posts.

It doesn't explain why bitcoin, or any other crypto-coin, might be a good long-term investment. I believe that question is rooted in psychology, not technology.

Bloomberg had an interview about NFT art priced on the Ether network that made sense to me. A community niche being served.

Suit

Permissionless Data. Exactly.

Think back to when we were young and not jaded and the first spam appeared on Usenet and how horrified people were.

And now because of Facebook/Meta etc we're all so conditioned to accept that privacy/control is a mere afterthought.

Maybe (Likely?) DeFi will spawn the same systems of oligopolies we've been so conditioned to expect. But maybe it won't. It can't hurt to try

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Suit

Permissionless Data. Exactly.

Think back to when we were young and not jaded and the first spam appeared on Usenet and how horrified people were.

And now because of Facebook/Meta etc we're all so conditioned to accept that privacy/control is a mere afterthought.

Maybe (Likely?) DeFi will spawn the same systems of oligopolies we've been so conditioned to expect. But maybe it won't. It can't hurt to try
    My doubts are more on the tech side. All of those monopolies are driven by scale - both quantity of data as well as transaction rates. All of the distributed consensus mechanisms that I know of rely on making updates so expensive that a 51% attack becomes prohibitive, which means that blockchains are reliant on an anti-scaling core. I don't see how that contradiction can be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    My doubts are more on the tech side. All of those monopolies are driven by scale - both quantity of data as well as transaction rates. All of the distributed consensus mechanisms that I know of rely on making updates so expensive that a 51% attack becomes prohibitive, which means that blockchains are reliant on an anti-scaling core. I don't see how that contradiction can be resolved.
    We've had distributed consensus for a while. But have we had a decentralized consensus? I don't know if we've had that; and if we haven't, if we can even build it. I sure hope we can try.

I don't think fully decentralized consensus has been achieved yet, at least for anything meaningful.

Would be cool though.

No wash sale rule on digital tokens. Makes the days and weeks ahead a bit more important for sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    No wash sale rule on digital tokens. Makes the days and weeks ahead a bit more important for sentiment.
    It's so easy to beat capital gains. I'm shocked people don't do laundry more often.

Bloomberg had an interview about NFT art priced on the Ether network that made sense to me. A community niche being served.
    Van Gogh spins in his grave

NFT are a hilarious joke. People have too much money. You know it is a boomer scam when Time magazine can't stop talking about NFT as "investments"

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Van Gogh spins in his grave
    I’m suspect tasteless old geezers said the same thing about Van Gogh in his time

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

I’m suspect tasteless old boomers said the same thing about Van Gogh in his time
    There is a difference between an original Van Gogh painted by the artist himself and a digital stamp that says you’re the most specialest buyer of these 1s and 0s. The art itself isn’t the issue, it’s the nebulous definition of ownership and experience.

In either case, neither are particularly material to any economy outside of people who have too much money and don’t know what to do with it.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 01-01-2022 at 06:50 PM.
    focus.

I’m suspect tasteless old boomers said the same thing about Van Gogh in his time
    Nobody knew him and those that did thought he was psycho...which I think was fairly accurate. His brother was the only one to buy his art. But I'm guessing he'd be down with NFT's.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Nobody knew him and those that did thought he was psycho...which I think was fairly accurate. His brother was the only one to buy his art. But I'm guessing he'd be down with NFT's.
    Exactly. Actual artists are usually ok with other artists making money.

I read it as his brother would be down with NFTs. Which seems more legit, really.

What's the brief recommendation on a coin wallet? I'm late to the game potential but figure I should have some sort of yolo money to learn to screw around with.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    What's the brief recommendation on a coin wallet? I'm late to the game potential but figure I should have some sort of yolo money to learn to screw around with.
    Get a ledger and keep your shit off of exchanges. Have a solid strategy to protect your seed phrase and also a way to get to your shit when you kick the can. That is about as succinct as I can make it.