Page 18 of 643 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    I still don't understand how central banks and sovereign treasury departments sign off on this. At the end of the day, crypto currencies will be legal tender on Peter Thiel's oil rig, but that's about it.

Or it gets heavily regulated.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

I guess I can understand some people's views on this. Look at how many crypto currencies there are, over 1300 https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/
    Anyone can create their own, look here is AppleCoin which has a total maket cap of $14 LOL, literally fourteen dollars: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/applecoin-apw/

Regardless who's everyone using, Coinbase? Bitstamp? Seems Bitstamp lets you trade in most all cryptos?

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by marcg View Post

Regardless who's everyone using, Coinbase? Bitstamp? Seems Bitstamp lets you trade in most all cryptos?
    I buy on Gemini (cheaper than Coinbase and less down time) and transfer to Bittrex to buy anything other than BTC/ETH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    Ethereum still chugging along, After it crests I'm getting a little antsy to either go into NEO or BCH, but having a wallet for BCH is tugging me in that direction.

Thanks pop.
    Yeah, when I saw people breeding cats on the Ethereum network, I got more bullish. It's kind of how the internet works

I started buying NEO after China cracked down on cryptos in the fall (wish I had when it was AntShares and I was thinking of it over the summer). China has a huge problem with capital flight, but they're also not going to be left behind the rest of Asia in financial development. My guess is that they get more regulations in place and start loosening restrictions sometime next year. That's my gamble on NEO. It has some important differences from ETH, but most people just know it as "Chinese Ethereum." And when it comes to technology, China biases toward home-grown products.

As for BCH, I'm happy I have some from the fork, but I'm not sure I'd buy more. Though rumor is that Coinbase is going to add more coins in 2018, and BCH is likely to be one of them. And if things go on Coinbase (while the market is still wildly irrational), they'll go up.

I'll throw this out here - so couple years ago a co-worker gave me some bitcoin on a "paper wallet" - has public/private key, cool little holigram and barcode square thingy.

It was like $1 when he gave it to me - now its like $50. How can I E A S I L Y spend this thing? Googled "25 top places that take bitcoin" nothing really.....looks like I could possibly use it to buy an Amazon Gift card through a 3rd party? What else? Or should I just put it back in my desk drawer and maybe it will be $100 next time I look.?

Sincerely Crypto Jong.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    I'll throw this out here - so couple years ago a co-worker gave me some bitcoin on a "paper wallet" - has public/private key, cool little holigram and barcode square thingy.

It was like $1 when he gave it to me - now its like $50. How can I E A S I L Y spend this thing? Googled "25 top places that take bitcoin" nothing really.....looks like I could possibly use it to buy an Amazon Gift card through a 3rd party? What else? Or should I just put it back in my desk drawer and maybe it will be $100 next time I look.?

Sincerely Crypto Jong.
    Just hold it. It could be worth $1 in 5 years or $10k in 5 years, who knows? Risk/reward says don't be that guy who blew what could have been major bucks on a pizza.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

But I'm hungry now dammit....

yeah leaning towards back into the drawer as too lazy to download and figure out to use a wallet for $~$50

Everyone’s a genius in a bull market.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post

Sincerely Crypto Jong.
    overstock.com
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Denny's (that Denny's) getting in on the crypto market. Pitcoin. Buy! Buy! Buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    Very true - one thing I'm not sure if you have much exposure to is the fact that major corp CIOs are eating up the blockchain methodology. .
    (Far too few) peeps have contemplated what the whole "block chain" could actually be utilised for in this current world of capitalism.
    As it has shown, it holds interest. But for what? At some point the general consensus was that it could "advance the democracy" by rearranging the concepts of trade, from centralised to more P-to-P. And now what has happened? It has turned into a speculative instrument that is utilised by the very machine that has been fought to begin with.

What was that saying? "Revolution eats its own"?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    (Far too few) peeps have contemplated what the whole "block chain" could actually be utilised for in this current world of capitalism.
    As it has shown, it holds interest. But for what? At some point the general consensus was that it could "advance the democracy" by rearranging the concepts of trade, from centralised to more P-to-P. And now what has happened? It has turned into a speculative instrument that is utilised by the very machine that has been fought to begin with.

What was that saying? "Revolution eats its own"?
    I found this helpful. Plus, the host is hawt!!

Funny that they explicitly state in that video that one risk of BTC is that it will tarnish the potential of blockchain.

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    Yeah, when I saw people breeding cats on the Ethereum network, I got more bullish. It's kind of how the internet works

I started buying NEO after China cracked down on cryptos in the fall (wish I had when it was AntShares and I was thinking of it over the summer). China has a huge problem with capital flight, but they're also not going to be left behind the rest of Asia in financial development. My guess is that they get more regulations in place and start loosening restrictions sometime next year. That's my gamble on NEO. It has some important differences from ETH, but most people just know it as "Chinese Ethereum." And when it comes to technology, China biases toward home-grown products.

As for BCH, I'm happy I have some from the fork, but I'm not sure I'd buy more. Though rumor is that Coinbase is going to add more coins in 2018, and BCH is likely to be one of them. And if things go on Coinbase (while the market is still wildly irrational), they'll go up.
    Im in Neo via binance now, mostly because of the good chart. Have a gemini account I'm going to use to buy some BTC tomorrow. Being an actual licensed broker with the Winklevossi in the mix is a plus, and it's a regulated u.s. broker for btc/eth.

Sold my eth after a trip from 530 to 745.

Feds: New York woman laundered bitcoin to aide Islamic Statehttp://www.kiro7.com/news/national/feds-new-york-woman-laundered-bitcoin-to-aide-islamic-state/664196837
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    Just hold it. It could be worth $1 in 5 years or $10k in 5 years, who knows? Risk/reward says don't be that guy who blew what could have been major bucks on a pizza.
    Like me. I had $250 of bitcoin when it was something like $0.12 a piece back at the beginning. I'm pretty sure I spent it on beer. Oh well. Can't win em all?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Im in Neo via binance now, mostly because of the good chart. Have a gemini account I'm going to use to buy some BTC tomorrow. Being an actual licensed broker with the Winklevossi in the mix is a plus, and it's a regulated u.s. broker for btc/eth.

Sold my eth after a trip from 530 to 745.
    Looks like BTC is finding some stability. Probably a good time to buy it.

I’m committed to not touching my ETH for another year or so. If it works, it’s going up orders of magnitude. If it doesn’t, oh well.

A healthy pullback after those huge spikes seems good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    Looks like BTC is finding some stability. Probably a good time to buy it.
    Saw a note by a hedge fund manager today saying it's the perfect candidate for a short squeeze. I thought before recently that futures would open up a wave of short selling, but it sounds like supply won't be that easy to come by to make that happen. Which flips the institutional 'easiest path to riches' of simply going along with a squeeze. Anyhow, dude is very bullish for the next six months, then likely sell off as it has in the past.

Seemed like a good time to throw some more money at this. Putting everything on my Nano S and revisiting next year.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

How can it be a currency when it has no stability?

How can amazon or anyone sell you something in BTC unless they can immediately convert it to a more stable currency?

Or, how can you buy something if the price is fluctuating in real time? Between adding your item to the shopping cart and checking out, does the price change?
    . . .

Is there some way to do a Big Short of Bitcoin? I'm in, if there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Is there some way to do a Big Short of Bitcoin? I'm in, if there is.
    I think you can now trade futures. We'll need a TR. Hope your facebook predictions don't repeat.

Wanna bet?

Cash on the table, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wanna bet?

Cash on the table, of course.
    This is your horse, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    How can it be a currency when it has no stability?

How can amazon or anyone sell you something in BTC unless they can immediately convert it to a more stable currency?

Or, how can you buy something if the price is fluctuating in real time? Between adding your item to the shopping cart and checking out, does the price change?
    Lots of digital currency converters out there. We use them for airline websites, it would require a code update and more integration with exhanges, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done.

I gotta nano s on ze way