Page 133 of 136 FirstFirst ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3398
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    A few questions for a friend:

(1) How much money has to flow in to Bitcoin everyday to pay for the miners fees?

(2) What happens if there is a shortfall of new investment?
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Tulips are always nice for a week or so in the spring.
    PNW gets the win on question #2.
    Let's see who knows the correct answer to question #1

Just hear to say I'm buying the dip.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

I too, bought the dip.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I too, bought the dip.

sent from Utah.
    LOL.
    SFYL

Aren't you the guy that wouldn't sell EOS before it lost 90% of its value?

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Just hear to say I'm buying the dip.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    My apologies. That was SF.
    LOL
    SFYL

However, in 3 weeks, Bitcoin has gone from $13,858 to $9,200
    for a 33.6% drop.
    And to recoup that loss and make enough gains to get even,
    will take a 50.6% gain.

LOL
    SFYL
    July 2017 the same thing happened. It was a 20% drop though to 2300. 6 months later it was 17k...

Thanks for coming out.

Enjoy the dip
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    July 2017 the same thing happened. It was a 20% drop though to 2300. 6 months later it was 17k...

Thanks for coming out.
    A special fortune cookie for you:

"The price is like the sun. At this moment the price is perfect, because it teaches a lot of people not to get sunburned."

Except you.
    LOL
    SFYL

Enjoy the dip
    That looks really good.

Something like seven (7) 30+% retracements during the prior bull cycle that went from $200 to $20,000. A few that went over 40%. So yes, behavior like we've seen in July is part of the package if you're trying to participate in a super cycle.

Note from July 1.... you really need to be a drooler to 1) ignore history, 2) pretend like selling off wasn't expected and 3) try to troll someone on something they understand (and you don't) and that they anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    The sentiment cycle is a very real thing though you need to understand scale to use it effectively. 12/2017 was a blowoff top on the weekly while 6/26 was a blowoff top on the ~4hr timeframe. bitcoin needs probably a month or two of sideways consolidation between 8k and 12k.

A special fortune cookie for you:

"The price is like the sun. At this moment the price is perfect, because it teaches a lot of people not to get sunburned."

Except you.
    LOL
    SFYL
    Hey bro... Im the guy that makes more money than you selling cars... So might want to check the pretentious bs at the door.

Down to zero!

Hey bro... Im the guy that makes more money than you selling cars... So might want to check the pretentious bs at the door.

Down to zero!
    LOL
    Guy posts lambo pics
    brags about supposed wealth
    Accuses people that have trading knowledge
    and don't fall for his favor flav ponzi
    of being pretentious.

I'll take that as a compliment!
    LOL
    SFYL

Go ALL IN! Don't miss the next big MOON ... ahem pump'n'dump.
    LOL
    SFYL x 2

You are too far ahead on this graph. We are just now in the 2nd wave the first sell of and media attention.

Matters not though. I only have profit in now.

We're currently at the first stages of FEAR.
    some also call it the 'stupidity bravado' stage.

"I only have profit in now."
    sure thing bro.
    LOL
    SFYL

LOL
    Guy posts lambo pics
    brags about supposed wealth
    of being pretentious.

I'll take that as a compliment!
    LOL
    SFYL

Go ALL IN! Don't miss the next big MOON ... ahem pump'n'dump.
    LOL
    SFYL x 2
    Big hat... not cattle. That's you bub.

We're currently at the first stages of FEAR.
    some also call it the 'stupidity bravado' stage.

"I only have profit in now."
    sure thing bro.
    LOL
    SFYL
    Trading knowledge... Lol. Used car dealer more successful trading BTC.

Tell me another one PG.

What is rational is real and what is real is rational.

Name:  btc_.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  36.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    What is rational is real and what is real is rational.
    Name:  CTPhGTf.png
Views: 91
Size:  48.1 KB

of being pretentious.
    How does a car dealer with zero stonk market experience manage to make a few thousand dollars with BTC and you.... a expert... made zip?

Zero any time now.

How does a car dealer with zero stonk market experience manage to make a few thousand dollars with BTC and you.... a expert... made zip?

Zero any time now.
    All you made is a few thousand dollars???
    The time you spent looking at crypto charts could have netted you far more than
    a few thousand dollars
    ... as a used car dealer!
    Just saying

LOL
    SFYL

Lets just assume that I know what I am doing when it comes to selling cars.

As I have said many many times this is akin to gambling for me.

My question is.... A expert such as yourself could have manipulated these various ups and downs and made quite a bit of money.

Instead.... my measly "few thousand dollars" (your words) is still a shit ton more than you've been able to pull...

Just curious why that is. It seems you are just a Monday morning quarterback?

Any dipshit can do that... Like people that talk shit while watching poker on TV.

Monday morning QB. Got it.

Im looking for my few thousand to turn into a couple new sea doos for the lake.

Im thinking RXP-X 300s.

I want a new mountain bike.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Lets just assume that I know what I am doing when it comes to selling cars.

As I have said many many times this is akin to gambling for me.

My question is.... A expert such as yourself could have manipulated these various ups and downs and made quite a bit of money.

Instead.... my measly "few thousand dollars" (your words) is still a shit ton more than you've been able to pull...

Just curious why that is. It seems you are just a Monday morning quarterback?

Any dipshit can do that... Like people that talk shit while watching poker on TV.
    Yes. Let's just assume that.

Monday morning QB. Got it.

I'm looking for my few thousand to turn into a couple new sea doos for the lake.

I'm thinking RXP-X 300s.
    I'm just ribbing you, BS.
    Congratulations - You deserve it!
    Enjoy some good waves.

BTW - it is Wednesday. Open the curtains, come upstairs and thank your mom for the pizza pops.
    LOL.

PS - Seriously, I mean it. We all need a break in life and I'm very happy for you. VERY HAPPY FOR YOU
    PPS - The lottery is nothing to sneeze at. Anything extra that you can put into your 4̶0̶1̶k̶ cottage enjoyments is worth it.
    PPPS - I am serious, BS. Very serious. It is a good thing you won. And I'm very happy for you
    VERY HAPPY FOR YOU

GOOD VIBES TO EVERYONE

If you want to talk about trading strategy that's relevant to this kind of bitcoin action, look up details on 'trading the tails'. The same strategy is more or less applicable in both equity & bitcoin markets. Human psychology manifests in price change by exhibiting self-reinforcing (herd) behavior, so it pays to both understand and plan around events where price behaves non-linearly. These events don't signify collapse or yudge increases in intrinsic value of assets - they simply reflect the volatile and recurrent nature of human emotions within a group.

If you were to define it technically it would be alternating positive and negative convexity as an expression of that autocatalytic behavioral tic... so how to take advantage? First, know what you hold and what you believe to be the target for a particular stock or currency. Second, make sure you are clear on the timeframe you'll use to enter and exit (I'm using the weekly). Third, look for self-reinforcing behavior on the charts expressed as log periodic cycles both up & down. The exhaustion of a ~4hr cycle up into $13,800 is why I expected consolidation between 8k and 12k in July and potentially August (not a prediction but a change in expectation based on inefficient market behavior).

To exploit these things you have the option to cut down long positioning into the bullish extremes where slope rises to near 1. As soon as that slope reverts quickly in the opposite direction on the applicable timeframe (ex. 4hr) you can assume the move is done and sideways to down will ensue. The corollary for buying is the same behavioral tic where price declines accelerate down and slope nears -1, followed by a reversal of the low timeframe selloff. We're in the midst of a negative cycle following the positive cycle that ended ~June 26th. The value or societal worth of bitcoin hasn't fluctuated this much during the past 30 days, though. It's just an expression of volatile human emotion over time reflected in price.

The value of framing things like this is moreso in terms of avoiding bad outcomes (realistic goal) rather than perfectly moving in and out of the market & making mirrions (what non-speculators presume to be the goal). Since I'm trading the weekly timeframe and am focused on a trade that will eventually be considered a long term capital gain, the volatility of positive and negative convexities on the 4hr timeframe isn't really something that will trigger an exit. Consolidation between 12k and 8k is good and healthy to build a new base of demand that will be needed to support price once bitcoin breaks over the 14k level.

Regardless of how much you know about this stuff and how well versed you are in the value of the underlying instrument, trading is hard. Very hard. Our emotions and subconscious will desperately work to destroy any plan built on logic. It's like a perfect golf shot; nearly impossible to do consistently... success is fleeting and almost illusory, so think it through before you buy and follow your plan.

Enjoy some good waves.

BTW - it is Wednesday. Open the curtains, come upstairs and thank your mom for the pizza pops.
    LOL.

PS - Seriously, I mean it. We all need a break in life and I'm very happy for you. VERY HAPPY FOR YOU
    PPS - The lottery is nothing to sneeze at. Anything extra that you can put into your 4̶0̶1̶k̶ cottage enjoyments is worth it.
    PPPS - I am serious, BS. Very serious. It is a good thing you won. And I'm very happy for you
    VERY HAPPY FOR YOU

GOOD VIBES TO EVERYONE
    This may now be the single most annoying a moronic post on TRG.... well done I think?

Enjoy some good waves.

LOL.

VERY HAPPY FOR YOU

GOOD VIBES TO EVERYONE
    We all have things we are good at. I just happen to be better at trading crytpo than you.

401k? Ill have to talk with my boss about one of those.