Page 126 of 136 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3396
    ^^that hierarchy is a big reason why I'm content to wait for the trade currency characteristics to gradually develop via industry maturation. So long as the SOV angle is valid so is the idea of hodling. The caveat being you need to prepare for the major cycles through trading them or strictly limiting position size. Up a lot down a lot with higher highs and higher lows along the way.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/tiny/...ryptocurrency/

Facebook reportedly brings on Visa, Mastercard, and PayPal as backers of its cryptocurrency.

This whole crypto thing is probably just a fad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

it's all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I'm gonna name my firstborn Vitalik.

Attachment 285677
    That shirt is the best thing I've seen all week

9000 smash smash smaaaaashhhheed

New 52 week highs today.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    I guess Bromo and Stale live in Argentina and since the power is out they didn't get the memo that Bitcoin and crypto is a scam that will eventually leave a lot of people holding worthless tokens.

This might help inform anyone else wondering the fate of the new modern Liberty Gold:

"Is bitcoin an investment security or a currency? You can't have both. If you don't understand why you're not qualified to lecture anybody about finance, investment or economic issues.

So if bitcoin is a currency, how come nobody is using it? You can't pay your bills with bitcoin. You can't shop with bitcoin. The price is too volatile for anybody to use it as a payment medium. How has that improved in the last few years? It hasn't.

If Bitcoin is an investment, how is its actual value determined? It has no intrinsic value. Like a pyramid scheme, it only has value if you can find people downstream to buy into it for more than what you've paid. But in the end since it has no material meaning (unlike stocks that represent fractional shares in actual companies and assets) how does it retain any long term value?

How come the majority of crypto trading is between various symbolic securities and not actual fiat currency, which is what you all measure it against in order to claim it has value? That makes no sense.

If Bitcoin really were winning, then it wouldn't need to be measured in dollars. We'd all know what 1 BTC can buy, but the only way we know it has value is to compare it to a currency that is actually useful, like the dollar.

You don't even realize that you've lost your own argument, because the only way you can claim you're winning is to measure it against something you claim is now obsolete."
    ~American Scream (reddit)
    You're wrong dude....as usual. I just bought my dad an HBO gift card with BTC from egifter.com so he can watch Chernobyl.

Just wait until ZuckBucks get dropped on Tuesday and 2 billion normies start learning about crypto. Do you know how much capital is about to be directly tradable with the ZuckBucks/BTC pair on Coinbase?

Name:  Screenshot_20190616-143657.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  28.9 KB

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Being able to purchase a $30 HBO Go card with BTC doesn’t refute a single point made in PureGravity’s post, you simpleton.
    focus.

That’s fair.

I’m sorry, Stalefish.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    You're wrong dude....as usual. I just bought my dad an HBO gift card with BTC from egifter.com so he can watch Chernobyl.

Just wait until ZuckBucks get dropped on Tuesday and 2 billion normies start learning about crypto. Do you know how much capital is about to be directly tradable with the ZuckBucks/BTC pair on Coinbase?

Name:  Screenshot_20190616-143657.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  28.9 KB

Why would you throw away massive returns by buying a gift card with it????

And why do you think massive corporations coming up with their own coins is something positive for bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    This is a good point. All I'm doing is buying.

And why do you think massive corporations coming up with their own coins is something positive for bitcoin?
    Facebook's more of a threat to the JPMs of the world than bitcoin (over the next five years, who would global coin take business from? PayPal, Venmo, major banks).

Commercial adoption of blockchain-based coins is bullish for bitcoin from my perspective due to its likelihood of further integrating the technology within business culture. As the benefits of p2p, immediate settlement & secure transactions are better understood you'll see higher levels of understanding re: "what bitcoin is."

Zoom out a bit though. People bearish on bitcon and crypto in general are in the process of backpedaling & shifting the goal poasts. At the peak of last cycle there was a lot of condescension around blockchain as not having any utility in the real world. And bitcoin specifically as destined for failure due to energy requirements, mining profitability, etc. One by one those arguments quietly die while the tech behind bitcoin is clearly ascendant among money-center banks & multinationals. And so the new position for the permabears & trolls is to get more and more desperate, obsess over retracement in a bull market & dig in the heels.

Good luck with that guys.

Bought a small spec size in OX - zrx. Here's the 5-day timeframe setup I see. More or less consolidating below 0.35 for a few months now. Volume declining as it's bought up. In the next month I'm thinking the resistance breaks down & it starts the upward move. Pray for me, it's yugely volatile intraday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ox.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	286031

you can see on the daily the selling pressure has subsided more or less all year. All major volume pushes of late have been bullish impulses, so taking that as a cue that tide has turned and the price will start to go up soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ox2.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	286032

I make purchases with crypto occasionally because I am actually in in for the tech. And frankly when your coins moon, it feels good to spend a bit of the profits. And I posted about it because the hater crowd here keeps telling me how I can't buy anything with crypto.

Massive corporations have massive amounts of users bruh.
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Comparing "Blockchain" (In all its incarnations) versus Microsoft SQL Server is like:

[FILL IN THE BLANKS]

LOL. Well, to me, it is like comparing a rusting ford pinto with half its cylinders blown to a New 2019 Lamborghini.

They just don't compare and there isn't a single feature that can be done with 'blockchain' that can't be done with MSQL or most paid or free modern databases.

It's like going back to horse and buggy generation all wearing black and saying 'this is the next big thing'.

Blockchain has actually been around since 1979. It ain't new or special.

Except when "price goes up"!

LOL.
    Pretty soon you're going to end up in a straight jacket repeating, "It's going to zero!" over and over.

I make purchases with crypto occasionally because I am actually in in for the tech. And frankly when your coins moon, it feels good to spend a bit of the profits. And I posted about it because the hater crowd here keeps telling me how I can't buy anything with crypto.
    Now you’re gaslighting. Your gift card example was offered as refutation for the quoted points in PG’s post. Just be honest and ditch the hyperbole.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Now you’re gaslighting. Your gift card example was offered as refutation for the quoted points in PG’s post. Just be honest and ditch the hyperbole.
    To be honest, I was shopping for an online gift card, and the crypto payment option was a random pleasant surprise. The only gaslighting here is done by those in denial of macro economic trends.

https://www.coindesk.com/sex-worker-retirement

sex trade workers like the bitcoin cuz a real bank won't deal with them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Massive corporations have massive amounts of users bruh.

"So this Netflix company is really going to get people interested in watching movies at home. That's why I'm feeling pretty good about these Blockbuster Video shares I own"

"So this Netflix company is really going to get people interested in watching movies at home. That's why I'm feeling pretty good about these Blockbuster Video shares I own"
    So are SWIFT and ACH Netflix or Blockbuster?

That Ari Paul video was very interesting. I like the ending, where he talks about the costs of Bitcoin, and how they are so high, the energy required to mine and do the proof of work required to keep the system secure. But the point how you can't compare that cost to the cost of visa transactions, or amex transactions, you have to compare that cost to the cost of securing the fiat currency structure, including up to military spending that can be tied to propping up the dollar.
    sigless.

So are SWIFT and ACH Netflix or Blockbuster?

SWIFT and ACH are production studios, though the analogy falls apart a little at the edges.
    focus.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    That Ari Paul video was very interesting. I like the ending, where he talks about the costs of Bitcoin, and how they are so high, the energy required to mine and do the proof of work required to keep the system secure. But the point how you can't compare that cost to the cost of visa transactions, or amex transactions, you have to compare that cost to the cost of securing the fiat currency structure, including up to military spending that can be tied to propping up the dollar.
    In that case, you need to tie those costs to bitcoin as well, since it relies upon a stable fiat currency to express its value, and if not, you have to figure out how much an unstable currency costs the economy that relies upon it and account for that.

I’m skeptical that propping up the dollar is anything more than a poor expression for what is actually propping up a stable economy. Which bitcoin relies upon, its dubious utility in skidding economies notwithstanding.

In other words: nonsense points are nonsense.
    focus.

The geopolitical dynamics right now are fascinating. And they carry enormous implications for currency volatility. We're watching acceleration in the move away from the Bretton Woods system of US-led international cooperation in favor of a new world order where non-US actors have both the opportunity & burden of asserting their positions going forward. The outlook for global trade is ? given historical reliance on an implicit safety guarantee from the US Military. Russia's exploring the deployment of a gold-backed digital coin for international settlements to replace the dollar, as an example.

Having massively complex systems like these in a state of transition towards an unknown future state is extremely bullish for safe harbors with predictability like bitcoin.

You should really think of the inverse. What are the costs of a low-trust, high-risk, insecure, unstable society? Why do people who live in such societys park their money in higher trust, rule of law nations if they can afford to do so? Parasitically riding on the former, while paying for the latter, is a short term arbitrage.