Page 409 of 643 FirstFirst ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 16066
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/02/o...le-crypto.html

Opinion piece:

In El Salvador, Bitcoin Is Nothing More Than Authoritarian Propaganda
    I'd be interested in a follow-up story in five years: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/02/bitc...this-year.html

https://www.mollywhite.net/annotatio...uide-to-crypto make sure to read the annotations.... And an educational website for crypto/NFT/blockchain stuff is.. web3isgoinggreat.com
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’ll bet you a grand it goes below $1,000 if you’ll bet a grand it hits $100k. Before the end of 2023. Cancels out if neither happen or if both happen.
    So I get paid if BTC stays above 1000, or BTC has to hit 100,000 for me to get paid?

I'll just give you a grand in 10 years when I have a couple mil in BTC.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    So I get paid if BTC stays above 1000, or BTC has to hit 100,000 for me to get paid?
    Your reading comprehension is a good hint at why you’re all in on Bitcoin.

And you think I'm all in on BTC. Which shows what a fucking moron you are.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

I’ve read nothing about firms being able to short BTC, maybe they can. But I do know some we’re making mkt on derivatives. The put/call skew was probably so jacked it was hard not to sell collars or risk reversals. Probably getting 5 grand in credit to do a risk reversal (buy call, sell put at same strike = synthetic long btc) But how did they hedge? No one does that un hedged so they must have been able to somehow short this pig. And if they were able too, then a lot of this selling is just firms shorting more to hedge those collars and risk reversals as it goes down. Who ever figured out how to short this pig and sell those reversals made a boat load of money because few could. Boats loads.

Would be curious to learn more if anyone was able to.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And you think I'm all in on BTC. Which shows what a fucking moron you are.
    Sorry, what terminology would you like to be used for someone who’s always advocating for it, and trying to convince everyone to buy in?

At least this fucking moron understands that the wager pays if the price dips below $1000, or rises above $100,000, and pays nothing if it stays between those two numbers. So, really, who’s the fucking moron here?

I'd say probably you. The guy who names himself king jong.

Me, I've taken plenty of BTC profits, will give mustonen his grand in 10 years, and am buying more BTC at a steep discount.

I'd say probably you. The guy who names himself king jong.

Me, I've taken plenty of BTC profits, will give mustonen his grand in 10 years, and am buying more BTC at a steep discount.
    I’m trolling someone else with my name, not myself. You’ve probably heard of the guy.

Could easily hit a hundred grand next year.
    I own BTC (amongst other projects). And even I see this lame shit^ and shake my head.

This is classic crypto bro bullshit. Make a statement that if it comes true you get to jerk off while posting “see?! Called it. Eat it haters!”

And if it doesn’t come true you can easily say “I didn’t promise it - I juz said it could happen. Duh”

But any skeptic saying “it might go to zero next year” does not get any pass even if it doesn’t go to zero. Cult bros will forever be crying about how their feelings were hurt (see shillfish whining about puregravity long after he stopped posting on TGR)

I think cable crime inspection took pg's attention away from btc.

BTC just went up astounding ly, and down. Not much stopping it from rocketing back up at some point.

If it goes to 0 I'll let dunfree ass rape me.

I think cable crime inspection took pg's attention away from btc.

BTC just went up astounding ly, and down. Not much stopping it from rocketing back up at some point.

cablegate was before he turned his attention to crypto

I'm very confident BTC will hit new ATHs in the next 1-2 years.

Those who guarantee its gonna replace gold and be well over $100,000 should be putting all their eggs in this basket - cause why not?

If you believe in it so strongly that you can't allow yourself to approach it like you would a normal investment (with the normal healthy amount of skepticism - especially with regards to "past performance is no guarantee") then push all in - you can't lose. The mismatch between the degree of certainty (total) and the percentage of wealth invested (minority) is telling.

this is not directed at you Byates - I know you are in the "put approx 10% in" camp

It’s always the ass raping with you. It seems you’re a little preoccupied with it. NTTAWWT.

So no bet?
    focus.

It’s always the ass raping with you. It seems you’re a little preoccupied with it. NTTAWWT.

So no bet?
    It's not rape if it's consensual, so there's that.

So no bet?
    Bet doesn't really make sense. It cancels out. Does not go sub 1k, does not necessarily hit 100k by then.

I'd say 100% does not go sub 1k, 50% it hits 100k.

10 years from now I'll be generous to all the haters in this thread.

Bet doesn't really make sense. It cancels out. Does not go sub 1k, does not necessarily hit 100k by then.

I'd say 100% does not go sub 1k, 50% it hits 100k.

10 years from now I'll be generous to all the haters in this thread.
    Right. So 100% chance you don’t owe me $1k. 50% chance I’ll owe you $1k. Easy money for you.
    focus.

You bought BTC at 40k but think it's going sub 1k?

Hell of a strategy.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

I think it’s more likely to go sub $1k than it goes to $100k, yes. I also don’t imagine it’ll ever get back up to $40k. It can go to $1m and my tiny little piece of BTC still won’t make me rich. Used corollas, not lambos.

“Belief” isn’t a strategy, bub.
    focus.

Time for some comic relief you grumpy fucks. Hope you all have a happy fourth of July celebrating being almost but not quite free and not being able to spend your own money on the financial products you want to.

https://twitter.com/iamlauwolff/stat...PHx7SKvgw&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah, such a downer, I kinda dread checking in here. Garden thread is better.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Moral grandstanding occurs when people use moral talk, instead, to promote themselves or seek status. So a moral grandstander might say, “I am vegan because it is the only moral decision. If you care about the planet, you can't eat animal products.”
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Moral grandstanding occurs when people use moral talk, instead, to promote themselves or seek status. So a moral grandstander might say, “I am vegan because it is the only moral decision. If you care about the planet, you can't eat animal products.”
    I'll grant you the moral part of that but grandstanding is not defined by the message it promotes but by the method.

On the other hand, oversimplified memes are a common tool of propaganda to drive narratives. Oversimplifying a complex concept with a catchy slogan can be particularly effective for reinforcing the views of a friendly group. Successful examples: pro-choice, pro-life. Ironic nascent examples: cultural engineering and narrative warfare.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...209571328.html

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.