Page 228 of 641 FirstFirst ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 16004
    This is super interesting and I want to learn more. Celsius is a crypto lending platform based in New York, everything super legal. Coinbase wants to copycat and gets smacked down - is it because Coinbase is a publicly traded company?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

My Algorand is soaring. Some client recommended it earlier this yr and ive been averaging down all yr.

Holding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I generally loathe Coinbase, but this is quite the read. It's almost like the USA is a corrupt oligarchy or something.

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/...715358721?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    the dudes either a moron or he thinks you are. The too-cute by half tech bro shit of his doesn’t fly far.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    This is super interesting and I want to learn more. Celsius is a crypto lending platform based in New York, everything super legal. Coinbase wants to copycat and gets smacked down - is it because Coinbase is a publicly traded company?
    I don't think Coinbase being publicly traded had anything to do with it other than it being a high profile test case.

I think using the term "super legal" in crypto-land is misplaced. There is no law or regulation surrounding the space, which is what is appealing to the participants. That looks to be be changing, starting today. Celsius will be operating under the same rules and regulations as Coinbase if the SEC is going to classify Crypto-Currencies as securities, as least for lending purposes.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the dudes either a moron or he thinks you are. The too-cute by half tech bro shit of his doesn’t fly far.
    I'm definitely a moron for paying him way too many fees for years.

EDIT: I'm also pissed at Brian for not selling me SOL at 37 dollars. Site was glitchy and saying my bank account didn't have funds for purchase when it definitely did. Bought a couple days later at $72 and now it's just cracked $200 a few minutes ago. Still holding but thinking about some profit taking. Hard to not just ride the lightning though. SOL's in beast mode. Getting TB12 and now Steph Curry into the ecosystem is impressive.

Last edited by stalefish3169; 09-08-2021 at 06:50 PM.

I have never had a limit order fail on coinbase pro. Just saying.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I have never had a limit order fail on coinbase pro. Just saying.
    Haha, fair point.

I didn't really put too much effort into it and am mostly joking about being mad at Brian. But I also didn't expect SOL to run as hard as it has.

you dont even believe Brian’s bullshit either? It’s just ultra cynical nihilist crap?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    you dont even believe Brian’s bullshit either? It’s just ultra cynical crap.
    Good thing you're such a Pollyanna to balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Good thing you're such a Pollyanna to balance things out.

what are you even talking about? You coiners have this world of make believe that’s bizarre.

Algorand!

In other news...

Just three months after a non-fungible token (NFT) representing an image of the original Shiba Inu dogecoin meme sold for about $4 million, the NFT is now valued at more than $225 million after part of its ownership sold for over 11,000 ether.

The frenzy for digital artwork is breaking new ground as one of the Internet’s best-known memes gets turned into a near $550 million asset overnight.
    The DOG coin -- a fraction of the non-fungible token depicting the famous Doge meme -- has doubled in value in less than 24 hours of trading, according to CoinGecko data. That makes it one of the most valuable NFTs yet.
    PleasrDAO, the art collective that bought the NFT for about $4 million in June, started offering fractionalized ownership in the form of $DOG on Wednesday. …
    With 17 billion in existence, each DOG coin is worth about 3 cents and about one-fifth is in circulation, while 55% is owned by the original buyer.

Investors were able to boost the price of the doge NFT to a record high for NFTs in such a short time by fractionalizing it into nearly 17 billion tokens named DOG with 20% of the supply for sale via a 24-hour auction ended Thursday.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

fractionalized nfts...the grand experiment continues
    Henry David Thoreau

Money launderers of the world, unite!

Thanks TB12 and Giselle! Winners win.

https://news.bitcoin.com/super-bowl-...-exchange-ftx/

https://www.theguardian.com/news/202...p-seassteading

“A cruise ship is not very good for people who want to be free.”

That LTC scam was some serious 2017 shit. LOL WTF

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Buddy who has been professional crypto analyst since 2013 has made a shitload speculating on NFTs this year. Just stupid free money on some pretty crappy art.

His team's latest data showing 250k BTC by end of 2021. Fatten up those bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

His team's latest data showing 250k BTC by end of 2021. Fatten up those bags.
    The number of times I’ve read/heard that BTC or ETH is going to skyrocket to meteoric levels by years end is only surpassed by the number of times I’ve checked my balance and wondered when that magical event is going to begin.

However many are in a shit ton.

had to be shera on that litecoin news!! ha!

Coinbase just gave me $5 in BTC, so if you’re right I’ll have $25 by years end. That’s almost enough for a beer and a burger.

Probably nothing.

https://twitter.com/PrestonPysh/stat...953503243?s=19

Hbar hit ATH today.

They need to throw the book at Nate. Also think this scenario makes a pretty strong case for a publicly viewable ledger. Can you imagine if GME plebs could see Robinhood's books?

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/amp/p...mpression=true

btc integrating into twitter, and a us based etf coming soon..