Page 261 of 282 FirstFirst ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 7037
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    You've made so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit. But it's still not pushing green energy, its mostly just burning more fuel. Texas is like 25% wind, so that's positive, but now we can make sure the coal and nat gas plants are running all the time. Not exactly helping the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    You've made so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit. But it's still not pushing green energy, its mostly just burning more fuel. Texas is like 25% wind, so that's positive, but now we can make sure the coal and nat gas plants are running all the time. Not exactly helping the environment.
    Does the time when I said stacking BTC at 4k in late 2018 was a really good idea count as one of these tangential claims you speak of? Because your rebuttals all sound the same now. "Stalefish, you are completely insane. BTC is a beanie baby with tulip fur and it's going to zero."

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    irony is dead
    Long live irony

Does the time when I said stacking BTC at 4k in late 2018 was a really good idea count as one of these tangential claims you speak of? Because your rebuttals all sound the same now. "Stalefish, you are completely insane. BTC is a beanie baby with tulip fur and it's going to zero."

So when your point is refuted you change track completely. Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Long live irony
    it's honestly the only reason i come to this thread

and for the record, i hold 15% of my investment portfolio in various crypto - LINK, LRC, BTC, ETH. i'm a cautious believer

but, good lord, stalefish is high on his own farts. or on ted cruz's natural gas-powered mining fumes.

This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

the irony of using Ted cruz who’s wife works for the vampire squid

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    it's honestly the only reason i come to this thread

and for the record, i hold 15% of my investment portfolio in various crypto - LINK, LRC, BTC, ETH. i'm a cautious believer

but, good lord, stalefish is high on his own farts. or on ted cruz's natural gas-powered mining fumes.
    It's enough to make a person wonder why Canwilf is taking so long to pick a new username.

Hey, question.

Do you think they paid Matt Damon dollars or crypto for doing that commercial?

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

So when your point is refuted you change track completely. Noted.
    My point isn't refuted at all. BTC is scaling up in Texas (and the rest of the USA) whether you like it or not. The head of ERCOT thinks BTC is good for the grid. I imagine he's in a position to make a much bigger impact than your combined efforts.

Besides that, I didn't change the subject at all. You insulted me about making "so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit." This is of course the BTC thread, and my thesis is that the number is going up and to the right, despite your feelings.

Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works. I've recently posted two links (the other one) about how BTC is arguably facilitating green energy infrastructure. Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses. You've made up your mind that energy usage is inherently bad (it's not) and that BTC isn't innovative (POW is the primary innovation in crypto).

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the irony of using Ted cruz who’s wife works for the vampire squid
    I disagree with Ted Cruz about almost everything. But if Ted is anything, he's a political opportunist. However, this is much much bigger than one person. Fair warning, if you're getting upset now that BTC is gaining political backing, I suspect you're going to be very very upset over the coming years.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses.
    Truly.

My point isn't refuted at all. BTC is scaling up in Texas (and the rest of the USA) whether you like it or not. The head of ERCOT thinks BTC is good for the grid. I imagine he's in a position to make a much bigger impact than your combined efforts.

Besides that, I didn't change the subject at all. You insulted me about making "so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit." This is of course the BTC thread, and my thesis is that the number is going up and to the right, despite your feelings.

Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works. I've recently posted two links (the other one) about how BTC is arguably facilitating green energy infrastructure. Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses. You've made up your mind that energy usage is inherently bad (it's not) and that BTC isn't innovative (POW is the primary innovation in crypto).

I disagree with Ted Cruz about almost everything. But if Ted is anything, he's a political opportunist. However, this is much much bigger than one person. Fair warning, if you're getting upset now that BTC is gaining political backing, I suspect you're going to be very very upset over the coming years.
    If you haven't figured out that politics is primarily driven by money by now, well, good luck in your dystopian future.

why would I be upset that shitty whores like Ted cruz take a dump on your digital utopian bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by LamBromontana View Post
    Well played! Except for buying on Robinhood...because that's not really buying BTC.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    why would I be upset that shitty whores like Ted cruz take a dump on your digital utopian bullshit?
    I don't know what point you're trying to make here. Ted Cruz is a BTC supporter. I surmise that's because he sees how many of his constituents are too.

Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works.
    https://youtu.be/v1BMWczn7JM

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If you haven't figured out that politics is primarily driven by money by now, well, good luck in your dystopian future.
    Where did I say it's not? I firmly believe that corruption is the number one problem in US politics. And unfortunately, both the red and blue teams are rotten to the core. The fucking president is literally on film saying "I was ready to proustite myself [to big donors]." Personally, I think a decentralized ledger with rules and transactions viewable by all is a good step in the right direction versus an opaque system where insiders get to print money to give to their cronies, debasing USD, whenever the feel like it with absolutely zero accountability.

Of course that bring us to another one of my "wild claims" when I stated that inflation was going to become a problem, well before it made it into the news cycle. Of course the general response in here was that I was a whack job that didn't understand economics.

if you don't love Jesus with your whole heart you are going to hell

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    There is a lot of stuff in that video that galvanizes the case I'm making. "Large power plants can take hours, days, or even weeks to start up and shut down." Developing renewables in West Texas with predictable power purchases from BTC miners fixes this.

Where did I say it's not?
    A few posts up:

I don't know what point you're trying to make here. Ted Cruz is a BTC supporter. I surmise that's because he sees how many of his constituents are too.
    Cruz could give a fuck what his constituents think about crypto. Guns and cheap gas and immigration, yes, but, his voters could give a fuck. He's in it for the money, and a bullshit way to avoid talking about the power problems in Texas, which, btw, are still as bad as last winter. But, God forbid the state fixes it instead of the private profiteers running the show, and God forbid Texas hooks up to a national or even regional grid.

And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211207_131855.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	395733

And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211207_131855.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	395733
    You're making a straw man argument here. I've never claimed to be the earliest crypto investor in this thread. I first bought in 2017. My argument is that many of the same people calling me "insane" for saying BTC has the ability to be catalyst for green energy are the same ones who called me an idiot for buying the bottom of the bear market. Your ETH purchases are completely unrelated.

You're making a straw man argument here. I've never claimed to be the earliest crypto investor in this thread. I first bought in 2017. My argument is that many of the same people calling me "insane" for saying BTC has the ability to be catalyst for green energy are the same ones who called me an idiot for buying the bottom of the bear market. Your ETH purchases are completely unrelated.
    Missed the point again. A lot of us are and have been invested in crypto, but you treat anyone who challenges you as some old fuck who doesn’t understand it. We just want you to stop acting like a snake oil salesman.

And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.]
    Holy ..... colour me jealous

Missed the point again. A lot of us are and have been invested in crypto, but you treat anyone who challenges you as some old fuck who doesn’t understand it. We just want you to stop acting like a snake oil salesman.
    I'm fine with good faith debate. In fact, I encourage it. But the overwhelming tactic of people who chose to "challenge me" do it by claiming I'm delusional, a scammer, involved in a ponzi, insane, etc. IIRC, my first interaction with blue benny was responding to his question about the BTC bear case. I wrote a sincere lengthy response. Now his responses, and those of others, have devolved into playground style arguments appropriate 3rd graders. Just look at the last couple of posts as evidence. Pretty much every one has no substance and is just "Ted Cruz is bad."

Got to give respect to get it.

Ted Cruz isn't bad. Ted Cruz sucks. There's a difference.