Page 261 of 282 FirstFirst ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 7037
  1. #6501
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,011
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    You've made so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit. But it's still not pushing green energy, its mostly just burning more fuel. Texas is like 25% wind, so that's positive, but now we can make sure the coal and nat gas plants are running all the time. Not exactly helping the environment.

  2. #6502
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    You've made so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit. But it's still not pushing green energy, its mostly just burning more fuel. Texas is like 25% wind, so that's positive, but now we can make sure the coal and nat gas plants are running all the time. Not exactly helping the environment.
    Does the time when I said stacking BTC at 4k in late 2018 was a really good idea count as one of these tangential claims you speak of? Because your rebuttals all sound the same now. "Stalefish, you are completely insane. BTC is a beanie baby with tulip fur and it's going to zero."

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  3. #6503
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,564
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    irony is dead
    Long live irony

  4. #6504
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,011
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Does the time when I said stacking BTC at 4k in late 2018 was a really good idea count as one of these tangential claims you speak of? Because your rebuttals all sound the same now. "Stalefish, you are completely insane. BTC is a beanie baby with tulip fur and it's going to zero."

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    So when your point is refuted you change track completely. Noted.

  5. #6505
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,759
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Long live irony
    it's honestly the only reason i come to this thread

    and for the record, i hold 15% of my investment portfolio in various crypto - LINK, LRC, BTC, ETH. i'm a cautious believer

    but, good lord, stalefish is high on his own farts. or on ted cruz's natural gas-powered mining fumes.

  6. #6506
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    4,609
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    the irony of using Ted cruz who’s wife works for the vampire squid

  7. #6507
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,564
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    it's honestly the only reason i come to this thread

    and for the record, i hold 15% of my investment portfolio in various crypto - LINK, LRC, BTC, ETH. i'm a cautious believer

    but, good lord, stalefish is high on his own farts. or on ted cruz's natural gas-powered mining fumes.
    It's enough to make a person wonder why Canwilf is taking so long to pick a new username.

  8. #6508
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,204
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    This is sometimes the best example of the "I'm a 50+ year old upper-middle-class white guy who can't even begin to entertain new ideas, even when they might actually be positive" on the entirety of the internet.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Hey, question.

    Do you think they paid Matt Damon dollars or crypto for doing that commercial?

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  9. #6509
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    So when your point is refuted you change track completely. Noted.
    My point isn't refuted at all. BTC is scaling up in Texas (and the rest of the USA) whether you like it or not. The head of ERCOT thinks BTC is good for the grid. I imagine he's in a position to make a much bigger impact than your combined efforts.

    Besides that, I didn't change the subject at all. You insulted me about making "so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit." This is of course the BTC thread, and my thesis is that the number is going up and to the right, despite your feelings.

    Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works. I've recently posted two links (the other one) about how BTC is arguably facilitating green energy infrastructure. Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses. You've made up your mind that energy usage is inherently bad (it's not) and that BTC isn't innovative (POW is the primary innovation in crypto).

    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the irony of using Ted cruz who’s wife works for the vampire squid
    I disagree with Ted Cruz about almost everything. But if Ted is anything, he's a political opportunist. However, this is much much bigger than one person. Fair warning, if you're getting upset now that BTC is gaining political backing, I suspect you're going to be very very upset over the coming years.

  10. #6510
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,011

    Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post

    Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses.
    Truly.

  11. #6511
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,204
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    My point isn't refuted at all. BTC is scaling up in Texas (and the rest of the USA) whether you like it or not. The head of ERCOT thinks BTC is good for the grid. I imagine he's in a position to make a much bigger impact than your combined efforts.

    Besides that, I didn't change the subject at all. You insulted me about making "so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit." This is of course the BTC thread, and my thesis is that the number is going up and to the right, despite your feelings.

    Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works. I've recently posted two links (the other one) about how BTC is arguably facilitating green energy infrastructure. Yet most of you choose to respond with emotional outrage other than factual responses. You've made up your mind that energy usage is inherently bad (it's not) and that BTC isn't innovative (POW is the primary innovation in crypto).



    I disagree with Ted Cruz about almost everything. But if Ted is anything, he's a political opportunist. However, this is much much bigger than one person. Fair warning, if you're getting upset now that BTC is gaining political backing, I suspect you're going to be very very upset over the coming years.
    If you haven't figured out that politics is primarily driven by money by now, well, good luck in your dystopian future.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  12. #6512
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    4,609
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I disagree with Ted Cruz about almost everything. But if Ted is anything, he's a political opportunist. However, this is much much bigger than one person. Fair warning, if you're getting upset now that BTC is gaining political backing, I suspect you're going to be very very upset over the coming years.
    why would I be upset that shitty whores like Ted cruz take a dump on your digital utopian bullshit?

  13. #6513
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by LamBromontana View Post
    Well played! Except for buying on Robinhood...because that's not really buying BTC.

  14. #6514
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    why would I be upset that shitty whores like Ted cruz take a dump on your digital utopian bullshit?
    I don't know what point you're trying to make here. Ted Cruz is a BTC supporter. I surmise that's because he sees how many of his constituents are too.

  15. #6515
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post

    Additionally, it's clear that most of you have very little understanding of how the power grid works.
    https://youtu.be/v1BMWczn7JM

  16. #6516
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If you haven't figured out that politics is primarily driven by money by now, well, good luck in your dystopian future.
    Where did I say it's not? I firmly believe that corruption is the number one problem in US politics. And unfortunately, both the red and blue teams are rotten to the core. The fucking president is literally on film saying "I was ready to proustite myself [to big donors]." Personally, I think a decentralized ledger with rules and transactions viewable by all is a good step in the right direction versus an opaque system where insiders get to print money to give to their cronies, debasing USD, whenever the feel like it with absolutely zero accountability.

    Of course that bring us to another one of my "wild claims" when I stated that inflation was going to become a problem, well before it made it into the news cycle. Of course the general response in here was that I was a whack job that didn't understand economics.

  17. #6517
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,700
    if you don't love Jesus with your whole heart you are going to hell

  18. #6518
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    There is a lot of stuff in that video that galvanizes the case I'm making. "Large power plants can take hours, days, or even weeks to start up and shut down." Developing renewables in West Texas with predictable power purchases from BTC miners fixes this.

  19. #6519
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,204
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Where did I say it's not?
    A few posts up:



    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I don't know what point you're trying to make here. Ted Cruz is a BTC supporter. I surmise that's because he sees how many of his constituents are too.
    Cruz could give a fuck what his constituents think about crypto. Guns and cheap gas and immigration, yes, but, his voters could give a fuck. He's in it for the money, and a bullshit way to avoid talking about the power problems in Texas, which, btw, are still as bad as last winter. But, God forbid the state fixes it instead of the private profiteers running the show, and God forbid Texas hooks up to a national or even regional grid.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  20. #6520
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,011
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post

    Besides that, I didn't change the subject at all. You insulted me about making "so many claims that of course every once in a while something tangential to one of those claims will hit." This is of course the BTC thread, and my thesis is that the number is going up and to the right, despite your feelings.
    And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211207_131855.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	395733

  21. #6521
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211207_131855.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	395733
    You're making a straw man argument here. I've never claimed to be the earliest crypto investor in this thread. I first bought in 2017. My argument is that many of the same people calling me "insane" for saying BTC has the ability to be catalyst for green energy are the same ones who called me an idiot for buying the bottom of the bear market. Your ETH purchases are completely unrelated.

  22. #6522
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,011
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    You're making a straw man argument here. I've never claimed to be the earliest crypto investor in this thread. I first bought in 2017. My argument is that many of the same people calling me "insane" for saying BTC has the ability to be catalyst for green energy are the same ones who called me an idiot for buying the bottom of the bear market. Your ETH purchases are completely unrelated.
    Missed the point again. A lot of us are and have been invested in crypto, but you treat anyone who challenges you as some old fuck who doesn’t understand it. We just want you to stop acting like a snake oil salesman.

  23. #6523
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    12,991
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    And since you still dont fucking get it, despite repeated mentions, some of us have been doing this as long or longer than you have.]
    Holy ..... colour me jealous

  24. #6524
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Missed the point again. A lot of us are and have been invested in crypto, but you treat anyone who challenges you as some old fuck who doesn’t understand it. We just want you to stop acting like a snake oil salesman.
    I'm fine with good faith debate. In fact, I encourage it. But the overwhelming tactic of people who chose to "challenge me" do it by claiming I'm delusional, a scammer, involved in a ponzi, insane, etc. IIRC, my first interaction with blue benny was responding to his question about the BTC bear case. I wrote a sincere lengthy response. Now his responses, and those of others, have devolved into playground style arguments appropriate 3rd graders. Just look at the last couple of posts as evidence. Pretty much every one has no substance and is just "Ted Cruz is bad."

    Got to give respect to get it.

  25. #6525
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,204
    Ted Cruz isn't bad. Ted Cruz sucks. There's a difference.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •