Page 169 of 198 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4945
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    What do you think? Big tax changes, even crypto-to-crypto is now taxable in many places.

Attachment 374735
    It's going to zero now?

Play nice AK. We're all in this shitshow together.
    Counterpoint is INTEL as much as any of the bogus shit arguments made if favor of crypto here.
    (Like the hilariously funny 'helping impoverished people with finance' BS that has made the rounds, and also made the rounds before in 2016-2017.)

Not sure if I posted this one before. Just for laughs.
    https://9gag.com/gag/a1rKKZR
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman
    And that, my fellow chickens, is how Id create the perfect crypto machinery ― doomberg
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ― Mark Twain

Invest in popcorn (and butter).

Name:  9D9GMor.png
Views: 223
Size:  59.1 KB
    And that, my fellow chickens, is how Id create the perfect crypto machinery ― doomberg
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. ― Mark Twain

Peter McCormack goes on a 24 tweet rant thread re: Elon Musk

https://twitter.com/PeterMcCormack/s...71202738302986

Elon Musk responds appropriately.
    Name:  jiVAIdF.png
Views: 207
Size:  13.8 KB

Coiner starts throwing rocks in glass houses.

Name:  tmA0Nzl.png
Views: 208
Size:  29.7 KB

If you want to ride the next wave, be in early on what will be in vogue after Proof of Stake happens.*
    Clue: it won't have anything to do with 'proof.'
    The little green dots on fiat paper bills are already the proof you need.
    WeeChat. Alipay. Apple Pay. Google Pay. In 20 years, these will be used more than any other type of money transmittance in the world.
    And the little fee they charge, times a billion transactions per day (already with WeeChat pay) will add up to a lot of corporate profits.
    Get in on the ground floor!

*As if 9% of the circulating coins could somehow secure the populations money (proof of stake will eventually fail too). Of course, there are successful proof-of-stake networks out there that already worked real well, real well 4 years ago in fact. But they didn't pay ridiculous fees to exchanges to list their coin so they sit under 100 on the chart. DON'T BUY. Just saying! They made 1B tokens so even their 330M market cap is ridiculously bogus.

Name:  1D7LX6N.png
Views: 204
Size:  45.0 KB
    Last edited by puregravity; 05-16-2021 at 07:19 PM. Reason: unnecessary content

What no one told you:

Microsoft has decided to shut down its Azure-based blockchain-as-a-service platform and is asking users to migrate their data to an alternative of their choosing. According to a blog post on Monday, the software giant has been quietly informing customers on the best way to jump ship by Sept. 10

So, that's #2 now in corporate world ... because IBM mothballed Hyperledger too. (and it was actually really good blockchain for the tech state!)

Not sure if I posted this one before. Just for laughs.
    https://9gag.com/gag/a1rKKZR

Not sure if the nuance was clear here. I won't spoil it for you.

Time for a bike ride!!! Elon will always be there but a nice day won't.

Goodness gracious man haha. With how closely you seem to be tracking crypto you might as well day trade it or something even if you think it's shitty. What strange behavior.

ya dude sell out!

i respect the posterity

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Goodness gracious man haha. With how closely you seem to be tracking crypto you might as well day trade it or something even if you think it's shitty. What strange behavior.
    LOL. I went on a bender. Been so quiet for a while. Had to get it out of my system!!! I did some day trading crypto in 2014 and in 2017. Learned a lot of things about the ecosystem, the exchanges. I designed and coded a myriad of systems (server, client, mobile, desktop) in 2002-2010. I also did software in crypto. I did some development for crypto chains -- my code was a large portion of the framework that actually secured 'billions' of mkt. In one instance, I found major vulnerabilities in the code. In another instance, I rewrote 50% of the code of the entire system in 3 months and made it more highly performant (100x better). At the time, I could design and code an entire app in 3 months that would cost 10 times as much and take 1.5 years to make. I noticed a few things with crypto. I got out of crypto. I've never looked back. I've never invested another red cent.

Some of you might make money, good money, in crypto (and actually cash out). The other 95% will be praying that god takes their crypto wallet and swaps it for an anal prolapse. My friends mom has recurring anal prolapse. I tell him, "just be glad she isn't invested in crypto'. LOL

First heard about BTC on a software forum in 2009. Knew about eth before it had sold the initial investment round. Never bought Bitcoin till $250. Bought my first Ethereum at 89 cents**. Rode out all the hacks. Even got headhunted by crypto firms for development work in 2017 to 2018. I mined ETH. It is a big waste of your home power outlets. I played with coding smart contracts. It is actually exceedingly boring and also has much room for error.

I got friend A that lost $35K (now $1M in paper gains if he had it). Friend B lost about $600K of paper gains (stolen right out of the exchange in 2017!). Friend C lost $2.5M in well known major exchange hack (now almost $250M in paper gains if he was able to sell today). Friend D made good money but he already had good money and he hasn't sold (all paper gains), and he is the only one that actually works in the tech sector. Friend B actually did the smart thing and bought the dip (was almost about to sell his home for crypto!) .... ahem ... except that it plummeted and he is still -90% in the hole today. Oh ya, friend E made about $5K on Kodakcoin (regular markets) before it plummeted.

I'm a perma-bear now. It will probably go to $100K .... now that I've said all I've said. LOL. It's still my hobby interest. I'll always have been a good server/client dev and always be interested in anything that puts 'decentralized' and those two ideas together. I don't recommend day trading crypto - even if you have experience. Most day traders fail in the regulated markets and most day traders in crypto (98% of them) fail quite badly. That's because, apart from 1 or 2 exchanges, front-running and other tactics are the norm not the exception.

Today, I'd be happier serving coffee than as a dev or in corporate. That is clear to me. I'll be the one old white guy at the McDonald's counter serving people with a smile that is 100% not interested in 'success' as defined by job titles and/or paychecks and positions.

I'm not against new tech, or blockchain (it might have some good uses, like online gambling with verified contracts - think any game where betting money is an option), but it won't work for 99% of apps right now. It needs some unknown cure to be more useful. Anything built on distrust (crypto is byzantine) is bound to be superseded by something built on trust (regulated and settled financial instruments).

Sorry .. I went on a bender there. I BLAME ELON!!!!

ELON YOU FUCKER! YOU DREW ME IN AGAIN! FUCK ELON!! LOL!!!

edit: **Discovered Ethereum from an old (70+) lady in a group we were entertaining over lunch in the Whistler Roundhouse. She was well connected to people in San Francisco and although no one wanted to talk about Bitcoin at the table (I was an evangelist back then), she was interested and said across the 20 foot table in an old lady voice, "If you are interested in Bitcoin, you should look up Ethereum." Just imagine that coming from an elderly lady on a hosted ski lunch. LISTEN TO IT IN YOUR HEAD WITH HER QUIVERING OLD LADY VOICE OVER A TABLE OF !@ OTHER PEOPLE WITH THE DIN OF BACKGROUND NOISE, LOUDLY: "If you are interested in Bitcoin, you should look up Ethereum. E.t.h.e.r.e.u.m." That being said, I did drink the Kool-Aid for a while on that. But Eth's success will lead it to self-destruct again, just like it did with CryptoKitties on blockchain. If there is a viable 'blockchain' app being designed that is actually good future tech, it is 100% guaranteed to never be listed on any crypto exchange. Real tech needs real investment, and that almost always comes from private investors with specialized knowledge from being closely affiliated with real boring scientists in real boring companies in real boring sectors (like quantum computing.) Quantum computing is real boring. The developments today won't be revealed for another 10 years. It is *that* secret.
    Last edited by puregravity; 05-16-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Haha ok that actually makes sense! Carry on

Ruh-roh. The nerd king has betrayed his cheerleaders.

Elon is a douchebag. Just saying.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Thats not news. But yes. And a troll.

Invest in popcorn (and butter).

Name:  9D9GMor.png
Views: 223
Size:  59.1 KB
    Was circling the only comment really necessary to help people understand what’s going on?

Circling it out in red would’ve made it a lot clearer, .

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    SkiCougar and a few others here would appreciate that.

Alonzo is a morono when it comes to crypto.

You can quote me.

My friends mom has recurring anal prolapse. I tell him, "just be glad she isn't invested in crypto'.
    Is it time to update the sig? It feels like it's time to update the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Would have ... but I ran out of red ink marking the crypto quizzes I forced my kids to complete before issuing their mining rewards into their decentralized 'deFi' piggy banks!

It is 12:50 AM on Sunday May 17th. Everything is quiet in crypto land. Network gas fees and bitcoin transfer fees have dropped to a low this week. Nothing is moving. The cards are dealt. At 1 AM to 3 AM there is usually a surprise. Will it be up? Will it be down? Or 'steady as she goes'? No one knows. The Doge is sleeping at 51 cents. Bitcoin is blue at $45K. Eth is still very happy to be at $35K. The charts officially went bearish at 20:00 on May 12. Captain Kirk and Harry Mudd are getting on better terms with a deck of cards and some beer. They are talking about DeFi payouts. Harry Mudd wants to know when he gets staking interest. Captain Kirk sees a disruption in the intergalactic blockchain. Linked sausages are on the breakfast menu. Coincidence?

It is 12:50 AM on Sunday May 17th. Everything is quiet in crypto land. Network gas fees and bitcoin transfer fees have dropped to a low this week. Nothing is moving. The cards are dealt. At 1 AM to 3 AM there is usually a surprise. Will it be up? Will it be down? Or 'steady as she goes'? No one knows. The Doge is sleeping at 51 cents. Bitcoin is blue at $45K. Eth is still very happy to be at $35K. The charts officially went bearish at 20:00 on May 12. Captain Kirk and Harry Mudd are getting on better terms with a deck of cards and some beer. They are talking about DeFi payouts. Harry Mudd wants to know when he gets staking interest. Captain Kirk sees a disruption in the intergalactic blockchain. Linked sausages are on the breakfast menu. Coincidence?
    when do we start seeing the massive investment in clean energy that Shitcoin is going to bring? I'll wait.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

I'm planning a rooftop solar array for the purpose of mining. I built my house with a large southern roof surface just to do that. I'll post a pic when it's done. Someday, if I can put together, I'd like a big in ground array and really scale up. That's just a daydream at this point.

I wonder what Elon's game is anyway, very curious how his involvement with crypto will play out in the long run. What's the story on these green credits? Will he sell them like he does in Europe? Does he have some grand rooftop solar plan and trying to get more federal dollars? I guess we'll see in the coming months? Anyway, I'd love an explanation of all that.

So I bought the dip, got my last fill at 42185. I will buy more if it goes down further.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

LOL. I went on a bender. Been so quiet for a while. Had to get it out of my system!!! I did some day trading crypto in 2014 and in 2017.....
    I REALLY enjoyed reading all that, thank you.

I have two questions for you. What do you think about eth 2.0, not just proof of stake, but also sharding? I just finished the Lex Fridman/Vitalik interview and Vitalik said they are trying to do some things at large scale, for the first time ever and it was all very difficult. Makes me wonder if there will be some epic fail...or at least some big delays.

Also, I wonder what you think about chainlink. Have you looked at the link 2.0 paper? I'm taking a deeper dive and intending to get some expertise. It seems so important.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Never got the Crypto craze, but what's the transaction fee to move even just a single bitcoin?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Never got the Crypto craze, but what's the transaction fee to move even just a single bitcoin?
    I just moved some eth on Sunday and it was under $5, but I think you have to check the heatmap and Sunday is best. I'm pretty sure btc is less than eth.
    Henry David Thoreau