Page 166 of 644 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 16096
    You fucking morans, fill at anything at 50. IDIOTS.

Let me give you a basic school house:

Chart all in BTC. If your alts are crushing then take profit and btc. GTFO. Build the stack. I have a box, in a safe place, with my seed phrase, that says, NEVER SELL BTC. Hmm. Stack the anythings and pump a couple decimals for taco coin. AKA your retirement.

I am sad. I don't have cash to put in right now. It bumbs me out. But, otay. I can sit on the sidelines and be happy. Jeebus. Wow. What an opportunity.

I think I am kinda smart. I've never sold a cryp. I have only pushed in or slided sideways. Never from eth or btc. Never. It's anti my plan.

It's long, verry verry long. And I don't give a fuck, but I can tell you one thing is that I fucking hate cheeze dip wtf is all that orange shit. I want green chile.

But, I do like sticking my dick in cray. And, we shall see. Mark my words.

Let me distill this: It's like eating pussy that tastes like the sweetest juice from a strawberry. And then, licking your finger, and then, waking up and putting that into the spank bank after you just made a woman quiver so hard it was a contest on how hard your dick was.

Know what I'm sayin? Cray. Ledger that oooooO. Yas I do follow the markets all the time, but I'm an investor, not a trader. This is financial advice. Don't put your fucking money on the $TRG.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 05-13-2021 at 04:15 AM.

If you aren't, then you are not a person that goes to the thrify shop and finds a bag or a camera that is, um, yeah.

In for one coin. I just want to yell HODL with the rest of you noodleheads.

And no, don’t send me the latest white paper because I really don’t care.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That is redonk. Why would you buy an ETF when you can hold the magical fake coins yourself?
    Mitigates regulatory risk due to Canadian regulations. Tax deferred accounts can hold ETFs

So how long before someone launches GreenCoin? Only mined using renewable energy sources. ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So how long before someone launches GreenCoin? Only mined using renewable energy sources. ;-)
    There are several already out. I think EOS has been a sleeping giant. They just announced giant new exchange 2 days ago with headliner investor Peter Thiel, have a partnership with Google Cloud, and have the largest private treasury of BTC (they have more than microstrategy, Tesla, and Coinbase combined).

https://twitter.com/BrendanBlumer/st...375458305?s=19

https://eosauthority.com/green/

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

So how long before someone launches GreenCoin? Only mined using renewable energy sources.
    Why bother with mining at all? Focusing on emissions instead of efficiency might razzle-dazzle people who don't understand energy markets⁠—but relying on something that scales inversely with power usage doesn't makes sense if the goal is widespread adoption, not just storytelling.

Just a google...I don't know shit, so don't debate me personally on this...

https://www.leafscore.com/blog/the-9...cies-for-2021/

I disagree somewhat with what people say about BTC being such a safe haven compared to altcoins or Ethereum in this market. I often hear my friends say that BTC is a clear return winner but then it is so easy to find another entry point where it's so clearly not the winner. I also think it is a given that altcoins will rise vs bitcoin substantially in a mania driven market which I believe is inevitable.

The above in no way really should affect your trading if you are actually long term. I hold BTC more for that. I just get the impression so many people trade daily or short terms and convince themselves they are longs. If someone were truly long, would they worry for one second about a daily price change we've seen a thousand times? For what I believe is about to play out over the remainder of the year, I am long on altcoins with a plan to exit into fiat as the party feels truly manic. I assume everycoin will be flying around that point and will all be available at big discounts soon after. I am prepared for every coin to languish for months between highs during this process.

How could mania not be given in such an ignorant and greedy market? The people who drive mania prices are retail investors and today's new breed are just as ignorant as 2017, maybe more.

Breaking news about Binance under heat from US govt.

Get your low-ball limit orders ready.

BTC could test the previous high and at 66% correction would be perfectly normal.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Breaking news about Binance under heat from US govt.

Get your low-ball limit orders ready.

Musk knew that. It’s a hustle.

Diamond hands, mother f’ers! (Is that right?). HODL!!!!

Ha. Crazy.

Edit : This is going to play out the same way it did for me when a buddy and I took a flyer on Bre-X the day before they released the core sample data

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

More companies are going to take a stand on transacting in BTC. I’d look for divestures vs more adaptations.

Somebody like AMZN saying they refuse transactions in BTC

Honestly I thinks BTC has held up pretty well. It’s only at a one month low.

Checkout HBAR

A few things:

- Crypto is painful for everyday payments. Nobody uses it for that. Nobody wants to use it for that. This is well known. Companies still list crypto payment options because it generates free publicity

- ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) standards matter in certain industries, and crucially for getting listed on many indexes as well as inclusion in large pension funds. A company like Tesla cannot afford to be shut out of a large % of capital markets

- For all the talk about how governments can't shut down the bitcoin network, it should now be obvious governments can destroy its value by either banning mining, banning institutional ownership, or through onerous regulation. Valuations plummet if the US, EU, and aligned countries coordinate in regulating crypto to meet emission goals

- Therefore even if a person doesn't care about pollution or recycling or whatever, you still have to factor some level of existential risk things like proof-of-work pose to your investment

To be honest, like most people in the crytpo space, I'm pretty dumbfounded by the behavior. I don't know how you buy 1.5 billion dollars worth of something and then change your position a few months later based upon one of the most well-known bear cases. Will be interesting to hear more details in the coming days. Elon's tweet, and its timing while stonks were getting rekt, especially Tesla, was very very odd.
    Remember when Elon showed and promised robot arms that could hot swap your Tesla's batteries faster than filling a tank of gas? That was to take advantage of a specific tax credit or something in some CA law. They weren't going to do it, but promising it and saying it was ready for deployment made Tesla a bunch of money.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Remember when Elon showed and promised robot arms that could hot swap your Tesla's batteries faster than filling a tank of gas? That was to take advantage of a specific tax credit or something in some CA law. They weren't going to do it, but promising it and saying it was ready for deployment made Tesla a bunch of money.
    On this note, anyone want to bet that in a few months he's got some kind of plan to make mining bitcoin less energy intensive?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    A few things:

- Crypto is painful for everyday payments. Nobody uses it for that. Nobody wants to use it for that. This is well known. Companies still list crypto payment options because it generates free publicity
    I think this belief is largely because of the infancy of crypto and a misunderstanding of the space.

When you can send large amounts of value in something like HBAR or other coin at an extremely fast speed for cheap, with security and contracts built on the system, that is huge.

When industries like governments, banks, utility companies and other institutions transfer wealth/assets/data/ideas back and forth and make bets on ledgers and change the system of how they do that, that constitutes everyday transactions worth paying attention to.

When this new technology gives advantages and savings it will be huge.

When defi is much more established, people could much more easily use their own assets to generate passive wealth thru staking or loaning. This is already happening in crypto. Obviously there will be many scamcoins and we are a ways off but this is not a dying fad imo. This constitutes everyday transactions.

When people use crypto in the future for payments, they will hardly even realize they are doing it. They will understand it but the interface will be very similar to what they use today, or easier.

I believe people in other parts of the world are already using crypto for many transactions because in some cases, it is their only choice or feeling of most ownership of their assets. It is not rare for a phone to be someone's main bank account.

People are already using digital currency such as wax to conduct large transactions with regularity.

Entire marketplaces built on the blockchain are already thriving. Obviously many of these die but is it that hard to use your imagination to come up with limitless possible use cases and ways to link ownership of items and make $$?

A simple example would be a music artist attaching an NFT to a song so that they receive value every single time it is played or used. Maybe ownership of the NFT allows users some access to unique digital art they can display around their house. The possibilities are literally endless for everyday transactions people don't really think about.

The above reasons are why at some point, the shitcoins will have to be separated from stuff that works. Actually try to use something like Ethereum and you understand why anyone who isn't in it for the buck could hate it.

Send Ethereum Classic from one wallet to another and do the same with 10x the amount of Hbar. Then after you wait 30 more hours for the ETC, try to tell me it's a great protocol that warrants it's laughable price and that this could ever be the cycle that seperates shitcoins from worthy projects.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    A few things:

- ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) standards matter in certain industries, and crucially for getting listed on many indexes as well as inclusion in large pension funds. A company like Tesla cannot afford to be shut out of a large % of capital markets

- For all the talk about how governments can't shut down the bitcoin network, it should now be obvious governments can destroy its value by either banning mining, banning institutional ownership, or through onerous regulation. Valuations plummet if the US, EU, and aligned countries coordinate in regulating crypto to meet emission goals

- Therefore even if a person doesn't care about pollution or recycling or whatever, you still have to factor some level of existential risk things like proof-of-work pose to your investment
    https://bitcoinmagazine.com/.amp/cul...mpression=true

CHECK YOUR FINANCIAL PRIVILEGE

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    On this note, anyone want to bet that in a few months he's got some kind of plan to make mining bitcoin less energy intensive?
    lol. He’s too busy getting high and laid to have a fucking clue or care, fool. Tesla bought $1.4 billion, banked profit from the pump, musk got $11 billion in stock from that profit, he dumped Bitcoin.

CHECK YOUR FINANCIAL PRIVILEGE
    lol, I've already discussed how crypto helps the unbanked in Africa. In fact that's Cardano's core mission:

https://www.coindesk.com/ethiopian-e...in-partnership

So why tout BTC when ADA can do it without burning massive amounts of coal in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    I think this belief is largely because of the infancy of crypto and a misunderstanding of the space.
    The fact that Crypto is painful for everyday payments is not a belief, it's reality.

Crypto is exciting because of all the ways it's rediscovering traditional finance. There's a lot of potential. But banks and fintechs aren't standing still either. There's now a standard allowing banks to do real time settlement. Fintechs can now send money internationally at a much lower cost than BTC... and so on.

I've repeatedly said crypto is driving a lot of innovation. The problem is people are projecting infinite possibilities, and acting as if those possibilities exist today, onto technology they don't understand.

they're also acting as if banks, governments, hedge funds etc are all standing on the sidelines being boomers and luddites and just hoping things go back to they way they were