Page 162 of 200 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4997
    Hey here's something for your Friday night: https://www.netflix.com/title/80154285

Seems a couple of years behind the eight ball (so far), but let's see how it unfolds...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

A 2016 Netflix series about laundering stolen money with cryptocurrency? They should have called it Bitcoin Fog:

Feds Arrest an Alleged $336M Bitcoin-Laundering Kingpin

US authorities arrested Roman Sterlingov in Los Angeles, according to court records, and charged him with laundering more than 1.2 million bitcoins—worth $336 million at the times of the payments—over the 10 years that he allegedly ran Bitcoin Fog. According to the IRS criminal investigations division, Sterlingov, a citizen of Russia and Sweden, allowed users to blend their transactions with those of others to prevent anyone examining the Bitcoin blockchain from tracing any individual's payments. He took commissions on those transactions of 2 to 2.5 percent.

https://www.wired.com/story/bitcoin-...rrency-arrest/

Ha, yeah it seemed so out of the loop...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Ray Dalio's CFO leaves to work on Bitcoin. Probably nothing.

https://twitter.com/NYDIG_BTC/status...546983938?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Sounds like an operations guy who's having a mid-life crisis.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Sounds like an operations guy who's having a mid-life crisis.
    It's very peculiar that on his LinkedIn it says before he was CFO of Bridgewater, the world's largest hedge fund, he was CFO of a private equity fund focused on renewable energy. Seems very odd that he is now going to work with Ross Stevens at NYDIG who has stressed the importance of clean energy for BTC mining and currently has a Bitcoin ETF application in with partner Morgan Stanley. This seems very much at odds with the BTC is going to boil the oceans theory that bears like to push in this thread.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-dalby-b7a8401

Going to boil the oceans? Who said that? People here have pointed out Bitcoin mining consumes an enormous amount of coal and other fossil fuels. More than entire countries. And it's getting worse. Bitcoin miners have begun reopening aging coal and gas plants around the country.

To make matters worse they lie about it. Of course they don’t really care but they are being forced to pretend and are pushing a clean energy narrative because that’s the next social engineering battleground for Bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    It's very peculiar that on his LinkedIn it says before he was CFO of Bridgewater, the world's largest hedge fund, he was CFO of a private equity fund focused on renewable energy. Seems very odd that he is now going to work with Ross Stevens at NYDIG who has stressed the importance of clean energy for BTC mining and currently has a Bitcoin ETF application in with partner Morgan Stanley. This seems very much at odds with the BTC is going to boil the oceans theory that bears like to push in this thread.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-dalby-b7a8401

I’d be more impressed if NYDIG hired the head of Bridgewater’s IT dept. The CFO is Bob from accounting.

I’m so glad I got all out of the finance biz. When the tech dorks have figured out how to rip everyone off the fun is over.

What’s next? The SEC handing out wedgy fines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I’m so glad I got all out of the finance biz. When the tech dorks have figured out how to rip everyone off the fun is over.

What’s next? The SEC handing out wedgy fines?

You realize the tech dorks accomplished that over 20 years ago right?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Well, since I was there twenty years ago I would say the men and women who were real risk takers used quants to validate their efforts to rip off faces by having them create models that no one could understand.

At the shops I worked, a lot of those quants were Chinese and Russian space program folks that thought $100k was a ton of money. Now the quants have cut out the people who at least understood the risks from a human perspective cuz they had to convince their C level bosses and risk teams.

Now it’s all black box voodoo that’s way too complex to even try and explain to others that aren’t also high level tech savvy.

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

I’d be more impressed if NYDIG hired the head of Bridgewater’s IT dept. The CFO is Bob from accounting.
    If the CFO is Bob from accounting, the CIO is Nick Burns from IT. Same shit, different department. The point remains valid, though. These are the guys keeping the company running: making sure everybody gets paid and that the servers are backed up. They may or may not be visionaries in whatever field their firm is participating in; they certainly don’t have to be.
    focus.

Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway, the show where everything is made up and the points don't matter!

I think it is impossible to value stocks according to age old valuation practices because the float ain't real and EPS is a made up number. It's any number the hedgies choose it to be so they pick the price. I guess that can happen to bitcoin as soon as there are ETFs for the hedgies to naked short with their manfactured units. 21 million won't be real any more. Sigh, no use tilting at windmills though, gotta figure out how to win anyway.
    Henry David Thoreau

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Latest insight from my buddy who is a professional crypto analyst: BTC may see a rarer Bull to Bull cycle here. No crash as we push through the summer up to 100k by end 2021 then possibly see some pull backs down to 30k again next year. He is loading up on ETH recently as new updates have really pointed to some viability again. He has always hodled ETH, but wasn't super excited about it for the past couple years until recently.

Take a lesson folks, it's a normal Scott show, but it adds up over time in your learninz:

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Latest insight from my buddy who is a professional crypto analyst: BTC may see a rarer Bull to Bull cycle here. No crash as we push through the summer up to 100k by end 2021 then possibly see some pull backs down to 30k again next year. He is loading up on ETH recently as new updates have really pointed to some viability again. He has always hodled ETH, but wasn't super excited about it for the past couple years until recently.
    Worth noting the general name for this is "Super Cycle." You probably already know this...but mentioning it for the kids.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7b6...urce=copy-link

I disagree, but it's a big bull run for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway, the show where everything is made up and the points don't matter!

I think it is impossible to value stocks according to age old valuation practices because the float ain't real and EPS is a made up number. It's any number the hedgies choose it to be so they pick the price. I guess that can happen to bitcoin as soon as there are ETFs for the hedgies to naked short with their manfactured units. 21 million won't be real any more. Sigh, no use tilting at windmills though, gotta figure out how to win anyway.
    The amount of BS that gets bandied about in this thread is impressive.

Yup. What you quoted from shera made no sense. And I was a "hedgie" who "naked shorted".

Well BTC is the best performing asset of the last decade....by a lot.

Don't even say that. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Yup. What you quoted from shera made no sense. And I was a "hedgie" who "naked shorted".
    Please explain to me how you calculate EPS.

edit - nevermind I don't want to engage with you on this topic. I'm just ignorant retail, can't win. Honestly I would rather learn from you how to hedge for downside when the inevitable btc downturn comes around.
    Last edited by shera; 05-09-2021 at 12:58 AM.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I've been selling ETH since 2k both into fiat and btc. Cost basis $500/.029. It's been a fun ride.

I like PlanB approach for valuing BTC, stock to flow model. 288k top, seems lofty so we'll see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Sorry it was a rant.
    Henry David Thoreau

Here's the bitcoin price model I like best, although the various rainbows are also nice:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s2fx.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	374079
    https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Please explain to me how you calculate EPS.

edit - nevermind I don't want to engage with you on this topic. I'm just ignorant retail, can't win. Honestly I would rather learn from you how to hedge for downside when the inevitable btc downturn comes around.
    It was the part about naked shorting ETFs. I own the Purpose Bitcoin ETF. It's just a ETF that buys bitcoin. Its not complicated at all. It doesn't have EPS. It doesn't even have theoretical maximum share count. You don't have to short it ( naked or otherwise). There's inverse ETFs which you can buy to short bitcoin.

There's also crypto futures, crypto options all of which allow you to be short crypto. Leverage on those is astounding (1000+ to 1). Its ok to be skeptical but try to avoid tin foil hats. Leave that to the puregravity idiots of the world.