Page 189 of 645 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 16103
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Go on and keep believing in unicorns if you want. But Uncle Sam is doing a whole lot of bad stuff. Maybe it's time for another type of money than the petrodollar.

https://weaversway.coop/shuttle-onli...ntPress%20News.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    You’re like Trump. Just because you say or believe something doesn’t make it true. Of course the US military is doing “bad” stuff and they do pollute.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you don't understand how important it is to remove the control of money from corrupt governments, you may want to reconsider your tactics.

As the mag who gets along well with everyone here, let me just say you have become the official Bitcoin Chicken Fucker.

And on the latest page of this thread you continue to use the ‘let’s fix all the world’s problems before I will acknowledge the issues with Bitcoin’ lazy argument.

It appears I’m way ahead of you in understanding the corrupt govt funding topic. Yet you have the temerity & lack of self awareness to post the above.

Stalefish dude, when you say things like the US military is the world's largest polluter, and the US government was trying to take over Ukraine it makes me doubt any other assertion you make.

X

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Stalefish dude, when you say things like the US military is the world's largest polluter, and the US government was trying to take over Ukraine it makes me doubt any other assertion you make.
    Who said anything about Ukraine?

You dudes gonna refute an Ivy League study? Or is it solid enough evidence for you?

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/15/...-military-war/

"It may come as a surprise that the largest industrial military in the history of the world is also the single biggest polluter on the planet. A recent study from Brown University’s Costs of War project surfaced this startling fact: The U.S. Department of Defense has a larger annual carbon footprint than most countries on earth. With a sprawling network of bases and logistics networks, the U.S. military is the single biggest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world aside from whole nation-states themselves. “Indeed, the DOD is the world’s largest institutional user of petroleum and correspondingly, the single largest producer of greenhouse gases in the world,” the report notes."

Damn I miss Larson.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

You dudes gonna refute an Ivy League study? Or is it solid enough evidence for you?

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/15/...-military-war/

"It may come as a surprise that the largest industrial military in the history of the world is also the single biggest polluter on the planet. A recent study from Brown University’s Costs of War project surfaced this startling fact: The U.S. Department of Defense has a larger annual carbon footprint than most countries on earth. With a sprawling network of bases and logistics networks, the U.S. military is the single biggest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world aside from whole nation-states themselves. “Indeed, the DOD is the world’s largest institutional user of petroleum and correspondingly, the single largest producer of greenhouse gases in the world,” the report notes."

The US military in 2017 is supposed to have produced 58 million tons of CO2. In the entire period from 2001 to 2017 (16 years), it is said to have produced as total of 766 million metric tons *for all military operations*. So that includes wars.

Bitcoin produced 22 million tons in 2019. Note that 2019 was a very low year for Bitcoin emissions because the price was low and hence the hashrate was low therefor the emissions were low. Probably a lot more in 2020 and now in 2021 (exponentially more). We are talking about 7 transactions per second snail-pace cypher-punk managed network with no practical use outside of financial gaming schemes. The usefulness of which doesn't even come close to a peaceful existence for us all in America or around the world.

So I think your point is well taken, i.e. that the military is a polluter. However, you got lost somewhere in the perspective department in aisle 21. What's your point? That it is OK to pollute because the worlds biggest military does?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Bitcoin produced 22 million tons in 2019. Note that 2019 was a very low year for Bitcoin emissions because the price was low and hence the hashrate was low therefor the emissions were low.
    Yeah, bitcoin energy consumption scales with the price. Based on numbers from earlier this year: when BTC was at $40,000 the bitcoin network consumes about 75 TWh annually and produces an estimated at 80 million metric tons of CO2. At around $57,000 the bitcoin network consumes 185 TWh per year and produces 90 million metric tons of CO2.

If bitcoin were to ever reach the price predicted by bitcoiners it would easily become the biggest single polluter entity on the planet.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 06-06-2021 at 09:42 PM.

But it will solve the pollution problem and cure male pattern baldness - it just needs more time.

You fucking did

Instances of the United States overthrowing, or attempting to overthrow, a foreign government since the Second World War. (* indicates successful ouster of a government)

Ukraine 2014 *

So then you call the US military the world's largest polluter.

Maybe you should post about the US Military being the world's largest polluter.
    Oh but wait, they're not really are they.

the U.S. military is the single biggest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world aside from whole nation-states themselves.

So look, I'll say again you're posting bullshit. If you meant to say they're the largest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world aside from countries then say that. And, people smarter than me will review your source. Don't suggest the US was attempting to overthrow Ukraine, then say you didn't say that. That's what bull shitters do.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

You fucking did

So then you call the US military the world's largest polluter.

Oh but wait, they're not really are they.

So look, I'll say again you're posting bullshit. If you meant to say they're the largest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world aside from countries then say that. And, people smarter than me will review your source. Don't suggest the US was attempting to overthrow Ukraine, then say you didn't say that. That's what bull shitters do.
    I quoted a link of many instances the US government has interfered with foreign governments because the high horse statists here were shitting on El Salvador. I admittedly don't have vast knowledge about every single one. It's barely relevant on its own. But here ya go...the US did some questionable shit in Ukraine in 2014. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-kiev-conflict

Next, I posted an Ivy League study that literally say the US military is the world's largest polluter, and apparently that's not good enough for anyone. I haven't seen you post much in this thread so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain the relevance. The peanut gallery loves to point out that "BTC is backed by nothing" but have no problem with the Fed printing incomprehensible sums of money which some argue is backed by nothing itself. Approximately all USD ever was created just last year alone. [chest thumping sounds] They then go unironically about how the good 'ol US of 'Murican military backs USD. Well, guess what, there are huge externalities associated with that. We inflict a gigantic amount of human suffering and oppression on both the brown people we butcher around the world, as well as our own citizens who have to fund it through currency debasement and inflation. All the while, some extremely wealthy people get richer from it all. My opinion is that an open source decentralized system, while not perfect, is a big step in the right direction. This may be hard to understand for the "I got mine, fuck you." crowd that likes to post here, but I'm hopeful for a better future; one that's not predicated on needless wars and human suffering.

As a reminder, for all the bitcoin virtue signalling that happens here, when Ethereum moves from a Proof-of-Work to a Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism it should achieve at least a 99.95% reduction in energy use. On an energy consumption per transaction basis Ethereum will be almost fifty million times more efficient. If the concern is "huge externalities" then wouldn't it make sense to abandon bitcoin in favor of more efficient crypto?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    As a reminder, for all the bitcoin virtue signalling that happens here, when Ethereum moves from a Proof-of-Work to a Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism it should achieve at least a 99.95% reduction in energy use. On an energy consumption per transaction basis Ethereum will be almost fifty million times more efficient. If the concern is "huge externalities" then wouldn't it make sense to abandon bitcoin in favor of more efficient crypto?
    Apples and oranges man. Clearly you don't understand.

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry" - Satoshi Nakamoto

Founder and President of the CC.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Can anyone here explain what a Flash Loan Attack is?
    :ear bank, Where are my funds?
    ::Sorry Sir, We just had a Flash Loan Attack.
    ::Um. OKAY.
    Anyone want to explain this so a 5 year old can understand.

https://news.bitcoin.com/binance-sma...s-6-3-million/

But here ya go...the US did some questionable shit in Ukraine in 2014. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-kiev-conflict
    [QUOTE=stalefish3169;6332042] But here ya go...the US did some questionable shit in Ukraine in 2014. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-kiev-conflict

So you're now saying that "some questionable shit" equates to attempted to overthrow the Ukrainian Government? Further your "source" suggests with their asterix that they actually did overthrow the Ukrainian Government.

Instances of the United States overthrowing, or attempting to overthrow, a foreign government since the Second World War. (* indicates successful ouster of a government)

Ukraine 2014 *
    That's fucking bullshit. And you're regurgitating this bullshit.

Next, I posted an Ivy League study that literally say the US military is the world's largest polluter,
    No it does not "literally" fucking say it's the world's largest polluter. It literally fucking says (and again I'm taking the article at face value and have neither the time, the intelligence or the resources to vet this) "the U.S. military is the single biggest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world aside from whole nation-states themselves." So it does not fucking say it's the worlds largest fucking polluter. It says it's a big emitter of C02. Is there bigger - yes there is it says so - that's what "aside from whole nation-states" means.

Is there larger non nation-state polluters? Maybe - there's more to pollution than C02 emmisions. So quit trying to post bullshit stats and then embelish them to your ends. Like I said, if you post bullshit, I am very hesitant to believe anything you post. Am I being a nit picking asshole. Maybe, but you're the one posting shit up that isn't true. And, don't even think of lecturing me on semantics. Bullshit is bullshit.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

[QUOTE=garyfromterrace;6332354]
    But here ya go...the US did some questionable shit in Ukraine in 2014. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-kiev-conflict

So you're now saying that "some questionable shit" equates to attempted to overthrow the Ukrainian Government? Further your "source" suggests with their asterix that they actually did overthrow the Ukrainian Government.

That's fucking bullshit. And you're regurgitating this bullshit.

No it does not "literally" fucking say it's the world's largest polluter. It literally fucking says (and again I'm taking the article at face value and have neither the time, the intelligence or the resources to vet this) "the U.S. military is the single biggest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world aside from whole nation-states themselves." So it does not fucking say it's the worlds largest fucking polluter. It says it's a big emitter of C02. Is there bigger - yes there is it says so - that's what "aside from whole nation-states" means.

Is there larger non nation-state polluters? Maybe - there's more to pollution than C02 emmisions. So quit trying to post bullshit stats and then embelish them to your ends. Like I said, if you post bullshit, I am very hesitant to believe anything you post. Am I being a nit picking asshole. Maybe, but you're the one posting shit up that isn't true. And, don't even think of lecturing me on semantics. Bullshit is bullshit.
    Jesus Christ, man. You completely missed the point. Have a great Monday. Maybe go for a walk or something.

[QUOTE=stalefish3169;6332379]

Jesus Christ, man. You completely missed the point. Have a great Monday. Maybe go for a walk or something.

Excellent comeback. I guess you're right. What is your point though? That you can say whatever you want, even if it's bullshit?

www.mymountaincoop.ca

[QUOTE=garyfromterrace;6332382]

Excellent comeback. I guess you're right. What is your point though? That you can say whatever you want, even if it's bullshit?
    At least give him credit for being consistent!

Jeez Gary, just put him on ignore.

By the way, Bitcoin is about to become an official currency in El Salvador.

Who went to Miami for the Bitcoin conference?
    Puregravity, Shera?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Despite being a bunch of old men you're acting like babies. Do you go in the weed thread and tell them that HID lights use a ton of energy and smoking causes cancer? Do you go in the car thread and tell them that sports cars use too much gas? How about the mountain biking thread to tell them that they are damaging trails. Because that's what it sounds like you're doing here.

If you want to keep shouting into a hurricane to cope with BTC being by far the best performing asset class of the last decade, go on if you must. But realize crytpo is here to to stay, whether you like it or not.

You Canadians especially should listen to this. Your country is in a very bad spot and staring down insolvency. BTC can help. Skip to 59:00 if you're short on time.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/020...urce=copy-link

Last edited by stalefish3169; 06-07-2021 at 01:03 PM.

^^Listen here. Portland has it's own problems, don't you go attacking Canada.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Despite being a bunch of old men you're acting like babies. Do you go in the weed thread and tell them that HID lights use a ton of energy and smoking causes cancer? Do you go in the car thread and tell them that sports cars use too much gas? How about the mountain biking thread to tell them that they are damaging trails. Because that's what it sounds like you're doing here.

If you want to keep shouting into a hurricane to cope with BTC being by far the best performing asset class of the last decade, go on if you must. But realize crytpo is here to to stay, whether you like it or not.

You Canadians especially should listen to this. Your country is in a very bad spot and staring down insolvency. BTC can help. Skip to 59:00 if you're short on time.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/020...urce=copy-link

Sent from my NewSchoolers account on my Pixel 4 XL paid for by my mom.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Two of the lamest things you can do on this forum are deleting posts and editing those of others. Your guilty of both, over and over.