Page 358 of 640 FirstFirst ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 15979
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    So have sympathy for the people that lost on really shitty investments but don't you dare regulate it so this can keep happening over and over?
    Like all these wipeouts and market manipulation tactics have been known for a while, and everyone was too busy drinking the "crypto is magical, must go up" koolaid. I have zero sympathy because crypto has had continuous wipeout events of wallets due to cybersecurity lapses or just scammers stealing everything (like that dude that faked his death or the distributed organization that just took all the assets of the organization). If you thought it was in any way a safe or reliable investment, you're an idiot.
    I regret to inform you that many people are assholes and almost all financial markets are heavily rigged. I believe having an open source digital ledger is a step in the right direction. "Regulation" is often a misnomer for letting the rich profit off of the poor. See accredited investor laws and then look at many post IPO stock charts.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I regret to inform you that many people are assholes and almost all financial markets are heavily rigged. I believe having an open source digital ledger is a step in the right direction. "Regulation" is often a misnomer for letting the rich profit off of the poor. See accredited investor laws and then look at many post IPO stock charts.
    What’s the crypto equivalent of FDIC?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    It’s the HODL assurances of a bunch of neckbeards on a telegram circle jerk talking about how their chosen project’s use cases are what set it apart from the million other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    ItÂ’s the HODL assurances of a bunch of neckbeards on a telegram circle jerk talking about how their chosen projectÂ’s use cases are what set it apart from the million other ones.
    Last weekend I saw the vanity plate "HVN2BTC" on a late-model Honda Pilot. The driver would be best described as a female neckbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Obviously there isn't one. But FDIC isn't doing anything for meme stock investors.

I believe in free markets and I readily admit investing in crypto is extremely risky. The number one rule in crypto is don't invest what you're not willing to lose completely. With that being said, most "free markets" are rigged.

I regret to inform you that many people are assholes and almost all financial markets are heavily rigged. .
    The chutzpah of this comment while crypto craters +50% and people are trying to assign blame to prevalent fraud and some (a) whales manipulating.

Hang with me here.... What if, even though traditional financial markets have biases and bad deals, that crypto is inherently more prone to "rigging", puffing and manipulation? The whimsical instability seems to undercut the "reject regulated markets, currency manipulation and inflation safe shelter" narratives.

Like maybe the government controls to fight inflation that results in devaluing your cash 2.5% isn't that bad when compared to one or two players moving some BTC and the whole asset class loses its shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    The chutzpah of this comment while crypto craters +50% and people are trying to assign blame to prevalent fraud and some (a) whales manipulating.

Hang with me here.... What if, even though traditional financial markets have biases and bad deals, that crypto is inherently more prone to "rigging", puffing and manipulation? The whimsical instability seems to undercut the "reject regulated markets, currency manipulation and inflation safe shelter" narratives.

Like maybe the government controls to fight inflation that results in devaluing your cash 2.5% isn't that bad when compared to one or two players moving some BTC and the whole asset class loses its shit.
    they will never admit crypto is worthless for anything but speculation and gambling, unlike Wall Street. They’ll buy COIN without understanding or caring why COIN listed. It’s just zealot scammers, bullshitters, and hangers on.

Thought this thread could use a soundtrack

Obviously there isn't one. But FDIC isn't doing anything for meme stock investors.

I believe in free markets and I readily admit investing in crypto is extremely risky. The number one rule in crypto is don't invest what you're not willing to lose completely. With that being said, most "free markets" are rigged.
    Yeah, so here’s the thing: my bank account has an expected 0% rate of return, but at least I’m protected by FDIC.

Your crypto has an expected <0% rate of return, and in exchange, you’re giving up protection as well.

But please, continue explaining how regulations are bad.

I don’t believe in ‘free markets’. I believe markets can be very powerful tools for growth, but regulation is necessary. And the crypto space is a good demonstration of why that’s the case.

This is the most hilarious thing I've read today.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    they will never admit crypto is worthless for anything but speculation and gambling, unlike Wall Street. They’ll buy COIN without understanding or caring why COIN listed. It’s just zealot scammers, bullshitters, and hangers on.
    I think there's potential in both blockchain and crypto... but I'm sort of jaded from all the puffery around how traditional investments are all run by villians but crypto is the absolute, smartest place to put your money especially against inflation and (persecution complex) government manipulation. "Why do you hate making money? Stay poor bro". That narrative as a preferred "inflation protection vehicle" grinds my gears given the scoundrels and obvious scams abound. I think peak frenzy and jokes for future generations will be marked with "bored aped" yucks.... "they would both buy anything and pay anything just to be in".

Everyone looks good when they're winning; now let's see.

There's some cool food sourcing Blockchains and some in stuff like reinsurance contracts that make good use of the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    There's some cool food sourcing Blockchains and some in stuff like reinsurance contracts that make good use of the tech.
    what for food sourcing? My observation is food sourcing is a shit in, shit out, what lies (or losses- be that cartons of ice cream or $50k pieces of equipment) is the business willing to tolerate problem not a management or data one

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    I think there's potential in both blockchain and crypto... but I'm sort of jaded from all the puffery around how traditional investments are all run by villians but crypto is the absolute, smartest place to put your money especially against inflation and (persecution complex) government manipulation. "Why do you hate making money? Stay poor bro". That narrative as a preferred "inflation protection vehicle" grinds my gears given the scoundrels and obvious scams abound. I think peak frenzy and jokes for future generations will be marked with "bored aped" yucks.... "they would both buy anything and pay anything just to be in".

Everyone looks good when they're winning; now let's see.
    sardines, cigarettes and tulips have value, but outside of small niches aren’t big mediums of trade with lots of speculation and liquidity

I took this to mean that the pubic nature of the ledger is a net benefit. Is that correct? And if so, how is that maintained if borrowing and derivative contracts can take place in dark pools? Is there a way to prevent that without asking Ms. Warren nicely?

Just came across this beautiful painting from the 1640’s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74F8247E-6A60-4A07-BBBB-86333FC9A2F5.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	416034

https://tulipfestivalamsterdam.com/p...-younger-1640/

See that monkey on the right? He invented blockchain.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

If you think of crypto as "unregulated extremely volatile non-state currency speculation" you can stop worrying about which type of "sum investing" it is most like.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    See that monkey on the right? He invented blockchain.
    And then threw shit at the tulip pimp while yelling “DYOR!”

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Fraud & Ponzi scheme clawbacks are very much a thing - 75 cents to the dollar of Maddiff victims was recovered

Kwon was told of this vulnerability in November and kissed in the face of the person who told him. He’s not starry eyed, he’s a dipshit scum bag
    Don't be silly. White collar crime is a great OECD past time. Madoff scammed other rich people hence the ( rare prosecution). Ain't nothing going to happen to the laser eyes crowd

Unfortunate timing for this social media manager:

https://twitter.com/coxen00/status/1524074894761336837

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Fortunately there is little regulation and no deposit insurance so there will be no taxpayer bailout.

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    Unfortunate timing for this social media manager:

https://twitter.com/coxen00/status/1524074894761336837

Bwahahaha!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55BC4171-1498-4555-A75C-F2EE33162C06.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	416041

Tether cracking?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Tether cracking?